002

My kind of day with you

“ Oppa where are you?  Everyone has arrived you know”

 Today the Running members are having a gathering at Haha’s restaurant. They sometimes would gather up for dinner together to celebrate anything. This time, Kwang soo is buying. It was to celebrate the success of his new movie ‘Good Friend’ that got an overwhelming reception by the critics and audience.

He looked at the time and was shocked to see it had past 7 already.

“ Oh my god! Sorry honey. I was too engrossed with the writing until I forgot the time.”

 He quickly jumped out of his working chair and head out to the bathroom to freshen up. “Tell everyone not to wait. I’ll be there as fast as I can okay…ouch!”

“oppa what’s wrong?” her angry voice turned anxious.

Smiling at her worried tone, he replied “it’s nothing, I accidently kicked the sink while searching for the lights”

Her laughter ringed through the phone “ oppa it’s okay. take your time. I’ll wait here, won’t go anywhere.  Be careful on the way okay, love you”

“ okay, see you later. Love you.” Her laughter still can be heard when she cuts off the conversation.

Suddenly his phone ringed again, “ Ah jihyo ya, oppa is on the way. I’ll be there soon okay, love you ”

“ Gary oppa….” That voice.

The voice that he know by heart. All that it took was only her voice to reignites all their past. He was unconsciously drawn into memory lane. For a moment, all the memories suddenly coming back like it was just yesterday she promised with that very voice that she will forever cling onto him. She was an unbelievable love that came to him. The owner of the voice has been a complete stranger to him since the last 4 years. But why is it that it sounded so familiar and close, like a home. She was home to him. The freckles on her body, the food she can’t eat, it all coming back to him like a crushing wave. When she first left him, he always believed that she will come back to him. He held on to her every time she wanted to leave him. A stranger that he can never forget.

 

When she left, he loses everything, he forgets everything. She left with a part of him with her. When she left, she left a hole in his heart.  After she left, he could only letting time passed for the scar to heal. He remembered forcing himself to erase his past days with her, one by one, blankly try to overcome those painful days. How he had drowned. The owner of the voice was his inspiration when he was lost. The owner of the voice was the woman behind all his song before. From ‘leessang blues’ until ‘for me the answer is you’. All was because of her. She was his dream, his love back then. His one true love. but it was in the past.

“ Oppa…..” her voice brought him back to reality after that bittersweet trip to memory lane.

“…yes…”

……………………

“ Jihyo ah “ Haha called jihyo from outside of the restaurant.

Escaping through the noises and people, she went out to Haha. She can’t even concentrate to the conversations the others are having since the beginning. She is worried why gary is still not coming. It has been a while since she called him, he should have arrived by now.

“ Oh oppa. Why? “

Haha looked troubled when he sees her. “Err…. jihyo ya, gary hyung has something came up suddenly….so he won’t be able to make it tonight. Okay?

“ Huh? Oh…. really? Okay….” Seeing jihyo in her usual ‘mong’ expression, Haha gave out a half-hearted smile and gave her a tap on her shoulder. He felt like he is betraying her at that time. Haha excuse himself into the restaurant then feeling all guilty.

“ But…..why didn’t he tell me himself?....” she don’t know why but she suddenly get a bad premonition. “…gary oppa….” She stares into the night stars and pray that it was just her.