001

My kind of day with you

Kang gary, a 37 year old man with the fortune of owning a music company alongside gil his partner from hiphop duo lessang, also a restaurant and co-hosting a popular Korean variety show Running Man with 6 other members. He also raps, writes and produces songs. Despite all his well known life achievement, he like any other man, has a past. Its not all rainbows and unicorns, but he always pressured he is not ashamed of it because it is what makes him today.

He is scribbling down his pouring emotions and thoughts on the yellow testpads. Some have coffee stained on it. He accidently spilled some coffee last night due to the sleepiness.  Crumbled papers are mounting in the dustbin.  He has been at it the whole night.  He has been at it for almost 48 hours actually. He takes a peek at the clock and was surprised to realize how long he has been in the room working with the lyrics. Stretching out some muscle, jumping up and down to refresh, these two straight days without any break has really taken a toll on him.

 “ prrt..prrt..prrt…” he smiled upon seeing the name of the caller. He playfully accepted the call using his lips, like he always done before. “Ah hello “

“ oppa…how long you’ve been up? have you taken your shower?” her worried tone upon hearing his tired voice.

“oo?...aih shower later..” the caller laughs at his usual jokes. Her laughter ringing in his ear is his favourite music in the whole world.  

 

 

most “ aren’t you tired? Today, let us go for a date.

“ date? Hmm I don’t know. I haven’t finish with the last two. Im really frustrated ” 

” Really? Today, I have cleared all my scheduled. Oppa too, should take a break from your work. Don’t push yourselves, you’ll tire yourselves up you know? Please…let’s go for a date with me oppaa…” she using her aegyo tone again.

Gary is smiling like a clumsy in love again hearing her aegyo. He knows that she purposely doing his favourite aegyo. She knows well that gary will get softened in no time.

“ Okayyy okayyy..” he finally gives up. Her childish laughter is heard again from the phone. Just like a small child getting candy. He knows he can never win with her.

“ In two hours I’ll pick you up at our usual place okay? Then I’ll buy a warm Americano for you okay..“ this time he is using his own aegyo tone.

Laughing at his cringing aegyo through the phone “Okay, see you later oppa”

“okay, come carefully.” And he ended the conversation with a caring reminder for her.

............

After finished a long warm shower, he pick a simple white shirt paired with a three-quarter Jeep black jeans. He stops in front of his lining precious caps collection, wondering which one to wear, eventually deciding with the L.A Dodgers cap. Grabbed his keys and phone, and putting his favourite sneakers, he send a simple text to her telling his on the way.

He parked at the exit 5 of Shinnonhyeon station and waited for her with her all-time favourite Americano just like how she loves it.

He looked around that place and reminded of all their memories there. That was the place she betrayed him in the past by running across the street to jae suk hyung’s team leaving him dumbfounded there. He was really upset back then, seeing her turning her back on him. This was also the place where they promised to meet up for the first Christmas episode they had. That was also the first time he bought her favourite Americano. He can still remembers the moment he turn back and saw her from the inside of the café smiling to him. All those memories made him smiling. Not to forget this was also where she and him again promised to meet up for the latest Christmas episode but he had to break it. When he watched the broadcast of the episode and saw she waiting for him at the crossroad alone, he was really sorry. This place really meant a lot for both of them.

He took out his phone and scrolled through his upcoming scheduled on the phone screen, someone suddenly knock on the side passenger’s window. Enlightened with the smile on her face, he unlocked the door for her to enter. They both looked at each other and surprised for a moment. Both are wearing a plain white shirt, black jeans, a pair of casual sneakers with a cap. They both broke into laughter for this fated coincidence. 

After the laughter end, only silence was heard with both of them gazing into each other. The world just stopped rotating and time vanished into the space between their eyes. Tears suddenly started to well up in her pool of eyes, saddened by the wrinkles and tiredness shown in his face. He understood it as if he heard the worried thoughts she had then and only smiled. The tip of his fingers gently brushed of the tears that was threatening to fall on her pinked cheeks. He holds her face in both his rough warm hand.

How he wished they can stay in the moment forever. How she wished time can stop there in that very moment. Neither him nor her wanted to break the magic. He took the step by kissing her in the forehead, planting his lips in her forehead long while smelling at her sweet natural scent that he misses most. She closes her eyes when he does that, cherishing every magical moment they shared.

He finally broke off, and reached out to fasten her seatbelt.

“ We should go then for our date? Then, I’ll pick the pace okay? “ asking her with his playful tone while starting to accelerate the car.

She smiles and put on her sunglasses, “ Go, go! We are going for a date, yeay! ”