Chapter 4

Granted

Yugyeom is the youngest member and will always be a baby in the other eyes. But sometimes you got blinded by your perception that you never realize that being youngest won’t always mean you don’t know anything. Moreover it has its own privilege to observe things unseen. And being youngest also means you have weapons that will always work on others; cuteness. –bless him and his puppies smile.

Yugyeom knew from the start how GOT7 works to keeps its balance.

Jaebum will always be a leader with all characters entails, but deep down he knew despite all the cold sentiment Jaebum gives, he has the warmest heart from all of them. He cares. He stands for them. He protects them. He won’t let them go and always be there to rely on. He could be a fool too when he wants. Just like a father become a fool to their children, Jaebum most of the times lost his cool over other members craziness. Sometimes that made Yugyeom wonders, Jaebum could fly so high by himself without any bound and wihout any worries that makes Yugyeom afraid he'll cut the ties to GOT7. because he is the star himself. He doesn't really need others to shines. But mostly the thing that Yugyeom never missed; he anchored himself to Jinyoung. Jinyoung will always be Jaebum’s balance. The one who keep him to the ground even the skies taste to good to let go. The only one that will makes Jaebum took a free fall without regret even if it will turns him to the dust. Yugyeom knew.

Jinyoung is a mother to Yugyeom. Like really a mother—aside from fact that Jinyoung couldn’t cook like at all. A mother will always be strong to hold his family together. He’s always affections towards others. Babying them to the point Yugyeom feels like he’s five again. Spoiled Youngjae until the said man felt comfortable enough to be in GOT7. Lulling BamBam to sleep when he sobbed so sadly because of home sick is the sickest things that ever exist. He sleeps late to make sure things are well prepared for tomorrow. He couldn’t stand if ever his family got hurts and hurting each other is a big no in his dictionary—Jackson got a lot of lecture because of that lately. And just like any other mother, Jinyoung keeps things to himself. He chose to die together with his secrets. He might be looks so friendly with all bright smiles, but he’s way colder that ice. It’s really hard to know what’s going on in his mind. How his brain works is a total mystery to Yugyeom. But as always, Jaebum is the only person who could touch Jinyoung heart without get burnt by the cold. Only Jaebum could put Jinyoung into a broken state that for Yugyeom is beyond repair but also the only one who could lifts up Jinyoung so high to touch the stars. Yugyeom understood.

It’s not hard to see things are going between them. It’s so obvious during JJProject. The way they can’t keep their eyes from each other. Can’t stand a space between them. So obvious that when all those flame suddenly burnt down, every single soul notice. Jinyoung couldn’t stand Jaebum and Jaebum throwing tantrum almost every way he could. Thing were so mess up. So bad that Yugyeom almost couldn’t believe that when GOT7 formed, both of them together again. But now Yugyeom a bit understand. It’s no longer hot big fire things between them after all those fight and bloody night—yes, you hear it right. Bloody, now it’s more like a flame. Calm, warm, but still could burnt you to ashes. And it’s still there. But Yugyeom couldn’t even utter a word to them. He realize at one point that he will never like ever could said things about them.

For that, now Yugyeom felt like watching a remake movie. Like a precise story line, but different stars, different feelings, and of course different times, maybe event differet ending.

Jackson is everything but quite. He’s loud, rowdy, rude sometimes, hyperactive, and way too innocent for his own good. The conclusion is he’s mentally three years olds. See now, he even younger in mental state then Yugyeom. That’s why Yugyeom started to wonder how come Jackson change so much in a very short time. Is it because of more attentions he got? Is it a burden to please everybody that killed his genuine smiles? Or is it now he realized for so much he gave up to the point of unreasonable to Yugyeom that turned him bitter?

That’s what made Yugyeom turn his cold shoulder to Jackson who once was his favorite hyung. Because he couldn’t just kick Mark’s heart nine ways to Sunday and put on a puppies eyes begged for forgiveness. He just couldn’t take it. If anybody ever thought Mark as a fragile princess who needed a knight in shining armor to save him than that person should see how Mark beat the hell out of six other members for break the company’s rule. He might looked scrawny—hell said that now after all crazy hours he spent in gym, but no one could denied his authorities. He’s the eldest—yes, for sure. He’s so quite—yes, even more after Jackson crushed him almost every day.  He cares too much—he took others pains as his and comforted them to sleep. He’s everything but nothing. So that’s why Yugyeom so sad when one time he heard Mark said that not like others who gave up so much to be where they are now, he gave up nothing. Because for him, since from the start he has nothing to lose, and he has nothing left.

So Yugyeom can saw it perfectly fine. When the greatest friendship—relationship?—between Mark and Jackson started to fall apart, Yugyeom knew they lost the balance which once keep them intact. Jackson kept on pushing too deep so Mark breaks. Mark kept on fading so Jackson clawing too hard to make Mark stayed just to find he’s bleeding so badly. Yugyeom knew in times Jackson tried to mend those wounds, but it’s no used to mend a wounds when the very next change you got you put another new bleeding wounds. Yugyeom also knew Mark tried to hold on. Tried to looking for a scattered comfort he used to find in Jackson between all the wounds. Tried so hard to hold on until he didn’t realize he already fall apart. Yugyeom knew, and feel so sorry for it, to found that Mark too tired to hold on. So he let go. And the balance crumbling and tumbling.

Youngjae is literally a newborn puppy. Like seriously. He’s way to innocent and pure and sincere and any other thing you could think of. This kind of life is a harsh life where you can’t let your guard down. Where you are not allowed to feel inferior. You have to gain your confident. To find your own light. To shine so bright that others will be blinded. But Youngjae just a pure soul that most of the time it’s so hurtful for Yugyeom to see. He’s a lost puppy. So Yugyeom couldn’t be more thankful than anything when Jaebum took Youngjae under his wings. Couldn’t be more grateful when Jinyoung nurtured Youngjae with all praises, love, and confident. Now Youngjae bit by bit found his place. A boy who once cried so badly because he believed that he’s not worth to be in GOT7, now could stand his own ground. Yugyeom never felt more proud than now on.

For BamBam, Yugyeom couldn’t say much. For him, BamBam is like a mirror. A perfect shapes that looked back at you as you are. They are same. Same mind. Same thought. Same stated. Even same heart. Bambam is a piece that keeps Yugyeom in balance for so long. So he knew that BamBam knew when the ground under GOT7 started to shake they hold on. They hold the ground until their hyung find their balance again. Until then, Yugyeom reach out to Bambam and holding tight. Just because they’re magnae, doesn’t mean they aren’t strong and can’t be the pillar to their members. With Bambam, Yugyeom is the strongest.

***

“He called.”

“And you answered.”

He shrugged and tried to find a better position. “It’s not like I couldn’t. He’s my job. Well, they are my job.”

“So they knew.”

“We work by same patterns. Once you knew you’ll always know.”

“Then let’s meet up with them.”

“Together?”

“Together.”

He smirked at that, “Don’t say I didn’t warn you latter if I break some bones.”

“I’ll break yours first.”

" I start to think you love them more than me."

Now she smirks, "Keep on thinking that way, hon."

 

Note: Man, I got addicted to my own story. I can’t get them out of my mind. This is one of so many things I-almost-hate about writing. Once you get caught, you can’t escape. I’m a slave to my own story. Urgghhh… But still. Love you all. Comments are reallllyyyyy welcome to help handling this story. Muahahaha. Share your mind.