Chapter 2

Granted

“Are you even a human being?”

She bark a surprised laugh at him, “Do I look otherwise?”

“Well, it’s just not human thing I think.”

Once again she let out a full laugh, “For a person who just broke down and cried their eyes out, you sure still have a brain.”

Mark feels his cheeks getting warm a bit. He couldn’t deny her statement. Because he did break down and cried. But that’s just because the feeling for once being totally free so overwhelming that he couldn’t help to let all out.

He vaguely remembers she brought him to this coffee shop. Well what can he said, he’s too busy to compose himself to care that this woman, way smaller than him anyway even though chubbier after he take a good look, could drag him to this place. Not like anybody could judge him because, you know they consider him nothing now. Which is, reminds him to get back to the topic.

“So, you could read people mind and granted their wish. I’m really nothing now? Like vanish from the earth?”

“Well,just say I could read people mind at some conditions,” she sigh and sip her coffee, black and strong that makes Mark a bit dizzy by the smell, "And as I said before, vanish isn’t as easy as it seems. It’s tricky and sticky things that I rather keep away from my hands.”

“But nobody sees or hears me now. Isn’t it same as vanish?”

She tsk at his words, like he said the most stupid things that she ever heard, “Dear Mark, even though vanish mean disappear suddenly and completely, the things entails are very tricky, sticky, and risky. And you are still here. Your body and your mind and your soul. I mean, there are whole memories, chains of events, moments, documentations, and all ty things involve that your brain couldn’t comprehend right now. “

 “But like I said before nobody sees or hears me now.” Mark tries to insist by moving his arms around and make sure she sees nobody event blink at his—or their—direction.

“I never know you’re not as quite as you looked like, and dumber than I expected if I may add.”

 Mark tries to retaliate but suddenly choke by his words over some realization, “You know my name! Oh my God!”

Over this she rolls her eyes, “You’re famous, Mark. Part of GOT7 if I should reminds you.”

“Well, yeah but I still can’t understand this things right now. Am I going crazy? Or am I delusional? Or I pass out somewhere and dreaming now or even dead already?”

“Then I’m flattered to be your angel?”

“Seriously!!” Mark snaps.

“Alright, alright. Chill out, dude. I just granted what you wished for. To be unseen and unheard. Not vanish. There are some boundaries and limits to your wish. And also some prices to be paid. But put that aside first. You’ll be like nothing—your word not mine, until you want to be seen and heard again. Is that clear?”

Over her words, Marks tries hard to digest this new information. “So it’s real and you could do these things in basic life? Wow.”

“I’m not just granted anybody wishes, Mark. I work under rules that you won’t understand. But let’s just say today you are my work. And take your time to shorting your mind and your heart even.”

Mark slumps his body forward. Buries his face in his folded hand and the other slide through his hair. It’s so much to take at this sort time. Sure he does thank full to finally have time to think and short things in his mind. But still, you can accept things like this so suddenly. And crazily he’s okay with all this unreal-but- real thing.

“And honestly Mark, your very first wish is what drawn you to me.”

At that Mark looks at her a bit guilty face, “That vanish thing?”

“No. The wish that been bugging you for quite sometimes. About him.”

***

Jackson knows he’s done so much, too much even, things that he regrets. He perfectly knows most of time he did things without thinking first. And he understands perfectly that what he did hurt many people he didn’t mean to. The problem is he tent to hurt the closest one to him more than others. It’s like things out of his hands when he did things, or even said things, hurtful to his precious people. Or a certain person.

Like few hours ago how things get out of his hands. He doesn’t even remember what started it. He just remembers the next moment he start shouted things.

“What the hell you even know, huh? You just shut your mouth. So don’t try to tell me things. It’s my own life and you have no right or no say at it. Just keep your ing mouth shut as you usually do. Because I don’t give a about any of it.”

And that’s where Mark’s hurtful eyes struck him. How he took shaky steps back. How his shaking voice whispering brokenly. “I really wish I never know you.”

Jackson groans at those images and words that keep repeating in his mind. He doesn’t need piercing glare from Jinyoung and cold shoulder from Yugyeom to know how he messed up this time. And to have Bam Bam gives him that look is like an ultimate clarification how he up his relationship—best friend relationship—between him and Mark.

He really tried so hard to think back where thing did turns wrong. It’s like just suddenly he got meaner and meaner to Mark who got quieter and quieter. They used to really talk to each other. To share things, burdens, hopes, and dreams. So it takes him by surprised how years of friendships turns so ugly.

The couch beside him sinks a bit. He doesn’t need to raise his head from his palms to know who it is. His aura tells him perfectly fine. Moreover he feels so pissed off and intimidating at same time, nobody could be as scary as him when he wants.

“You should apologize. And you should stop being an . He cares about you.”

At that Jackson huffs a short laugh, “And I’m always the one to blame. Because I’m the and everybody think I never care.”

“Jackson, we know you care. We know you care about us, him, more than you’ll admit. But these things should stop for good. I don’t mean to be harsh or rude, but he’s right. You do change. And not change for better. You become worse of you. And you can’t keep doing that nor hurting him like today and any other days before.”

Once Jackson looks right at Jaebum, he regrets it right away. Jaebum always being a leader that tries so hard to keep them intact. So seeing disappointed and hard look in his eyes is literally hurt him. “You and Mark always being so inseparable before. It broke our heart to see how you guys turn out. Please try to make thing up.”

With that Jaebum pats Jackson’s shoulder and head out to his room. A moment before Jaebum close his door, he could see Youngjae puts out his head, “We love you, Jackson hyung.”

And Jackson laughs quietly. Feels bless to have wonderful people around him and shame to the others members. It’s not like he doesn’t know he changing, for worse. It’s just he’s too overconfident to think that other members will still take him for who he’s becoming. But now he knows, they will always take him for who he is, but they’ll also never let him being worse person.

His thought suddenly interrupted by a gasp.

“Oh, sorry. I thought everybody already slept.”

Mark’s standing still in the hallway to the living room. He looks uncomfortable at the intense look from Jackson. The look that he couldn’t reads at all.

“Uh. I think I’ll go to bed first,” said Mark after an awkward silent.

“Wait, Mark!” Jackson takes long steps and grab Mark’s arm before he could get to their room. Mark look back at him with questioning look. And with that Jacksons hold faltered.  

“You’re not Mark. You can’t be Mark,” said Jackson in whispers. And Mark just looks back at him still with questioning eyes. And Jackson could see it all. There are no recognitions in Mark eyes. No hurtful feeing. No warm calming stare. There’s nothing. Moreover there’s no Jackson there. Just blank eyes staring back at him. Like he is nothing.  Like he never knows him.

And Jackson shatters to pieces. It’s too late.

 

Note: okay, I don’t know where this thing coming from. Well, bit of it I know, just the rest I’m not sure. I’m so excited and being unproductive for a day means a productive day for writing. I don’t know when I can update for next chapter, wish me time luck. So just say today is a lucky day to post two chapters instead of one. Muahahaha. By the way thank you all for all silent reader and the first person to comments wang00girls2 Thank you so much you make my day even better. Love you girl. sorry for being creepy. i'm just to happy to care.