Chapter 3

Granted

This week has become a torture to Jackson and all of that’s caused by no other than his roommate, Mark.

All apologize that have been in his tongue died the moment he looked into Mark’s eyes that night. The following night when he lashed out his anger towards the said man has been the start of his hell. Because no matter how bad he treated Mark, he always apologized first. And Mark being Mark will putting on fake mad face but eventually forgive Jackson for all those stupid things he said and did. But now it’s different. And Jackson chest feels tighten every time he remembers Mark’s eyes.

And things got worsened.

Jackson knew he’s not sensitive enough to know what’s going on in other people’s head or heart. But being together with Mark for so long made him know enough about Mark. And he could see how different Mark acted around him now. Not an extreme change like avoided him totally or didn’t talk to him like he used to, well even though it’s been quite some times since they really talked to each other. But there’s a subtle change, especially in his eyes.

How whenever Mark talked to him his eyes become wavering a blink moment and turn blank. Then return to normal we he talks to others. How whenever Jackson tried to send him meaningful look, Mark just stare back blankly without recognize any meaning. All that and this things make his heart crumbling slowly.

Jackson knew by heart that Mark was a person you could see through by his eyes. What hurt him the most now is how Mark still looks at others the same way before but only different when he looks at Jackson.

Like now.

They've been pretty exhausted after some basketball game they played. And it becomes another torture for Jackson because he couldn't play with Mark after the first game, because face it, they're so off of each other. And it's a lie if nobody notice.

“Have some drink,” said Mark while putting few bottles of water in front of Jackson’s folded legs.

When Jackson looked up he saw Mark smiles at him. ing different smiles.

Mark was taken aback with the sudden hard look on Jackson eyes. Then he bid a little last smile before turns around and jogged back to Yugyeom and Youngjae who’s still busy playing one-on-one game at the court.

“Stop staring at him like that.”

“Like what, Nyoung?”

Jinyoung sighed and sited next to Jackson heavily. For a while he didn’t said anything. Just rest his head on the rails. “We’re might be stupid but we’re not blind.”

Jackson frowned at that, “I never thought you’re stupid. You guys sometimes are way smarter for your own good.”

“Really?” Jinyoung laughed at unimpressed expression in Jackson’s face.

“Seriously Jinyoung. It’s been a week and I’m starting to go crazy here.”

“Served you right, don’t you think?”

“Shut up, Jae.”

Once again Jinyoung laughed and move aside to give more space to Jaebum who decided to add some salts to wounded Jackson. “What you expected after said those words. We’re not deaf, Jackson. You wanted him to shut up and never give a damn. Now you got that. You should be happy.”

“Stop it, Jae,” said Jinyoung after looking at Jackson darkening face.

“That was an angry talk.”

“It’s always an angry talk, Jackson.”

“And I always apologize!”

“I didn’t see you apologize this time,” Jaebum started to lower his voice and it’s pretty much a clue for Jinyoung to hold Jaebum by his arm. Afraid that any time Jaebum would pounced on Jackson and beat the hell out of him. It’s a common knowledge Jaebum will always be overprotective over people he cares about. And Mark has special case to Jaebum.

“And how could I apologize when he doesn’t acknowledge that I DID wrong?!! He doesn’t even remember I threw s to him!!”

The courts fell silent over Jackson’s burst.

“He what??”

***

The shouts stops Magnae Line from playing around with Mark. They could barely hear what they argue about. But when Jackson decided to throw his words for the worlds to know, there's like something hitting Mark's chest so strong. So strong that its invicible power takes his breath out from his lungs. And suddenly all he can hear is Jackson voice ringing in his ears. "I DID WRONG"

Mark eyes flickers a moment and he sees black.

***

“Why do I feel like ?”

“Because you are ?”

“ you, Bam.” Mark grimaced. He could felt a bump on the side of his head. “Did I fell?”

Bam Bam looked at him worriedly. “You really don’t remember any of it, Hyung?”

“Remember what?” Mark tried to sit and Bam Bam carefully helped him. He looked around a moment. Now he recognized that he already in the room he shared with Jackson. And over that name Mark felt another throbbing over his head. A pain that felt different from the damn bump. A throbbing that crawled from his head to his chest and sink his heart.

“This past week?” Yugyeom asked from the door. Mark frowned at a tray he brought. “It’s just porridge, hyung. You’ve lost your appetite lately. Your stomach should take light food.”

“Well, I do remember this past week. But… —holly crab!!”

Yugyeom almost drop the porridge he brought by surprised when Mark dashed out from the room. Tangled his legs to the sheets and almost fell face first before balance himself. Thanks to all martial arts tricking training he’s been doing. Bam Bam looked at Yugyeom confusedly and with a match pace they follow Mark to find him busted the toilet.

Mark curled to toilet bowl and emptied his already empty stomach. It’s only bitter taste and acid burn his throat. All the memories came so sudden that left him dizzy. All the guilt now is eating him inside out. He remembers now. This ing past week.

“It did work out. it did work out!!” Mark freaked out and the rest of the member who already gathered in the door way look at him warily.

“Hyung, what are you talking about? Hyung, you scared us right now,” whisper Youngjae softly, afraid that his always calm hyung freaked out again.

Mark couldn’t answer that question. Because himself not sure how things has turned out. He could feel his body shaking and all thought that stir his bile up.

“There’s going to be some price to paid, Mark”

“I’m willing to pay.”

“You do understand it’s not about money, right?”

“I heard you right. I perfectly understand to what I wished for. I want it to be granted.”

“You’ll never get back what you’ve given to me.”

“I have no intention to get them back.”

“Mark.”

“I have nothing to lose. Just do your job right.”

“A week. I’ll see you again then.”

Mark’s body shaking more violently. His surrounding fading into a blur line and color. The world spirals down and he lost a hold to himself. His cold sweat trickling down his temple. He never felt this sick before. It’s worse than stomach bug he got last year. Way worse than his broken wrist. Way too worse he lost his senses.

“Mark. Hey, Mark. Hold on!”

He could hear those words whispered to his ear. Trying to soothing him down. Strong arms wrapping around his shoulders. There’s a soft hand his hair. There are so much voices. But he can only hear on voice trying to pull him straight.

“Jackson.”

“I’m here, Mark. I did wrong. I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.”

Mark clenched his fist tighter to Jackson tank-top. He tried to raise his head from Jackson shoulder. Then his eyes met Jaebum and Jinyoung’s eyes. Jinyoung eyes looked so dreadful and Jaebum can’t hide his anger.

“You made a deal.” That’s all the hiss from Jaebum he could heard before once again the world turn to black.

***

“You regret it.”

“Shut up!”

“You being so generous aren’t a thing I expected from you honestly.”

 “I paid for him isn’t something I expect I’ll do too.”

“But you hurt him more like this. Memories are like double blade and you knew it perfectly.”

“I can’t just take his memories like that. It’s not fair at all. And his not in his right mind that time. You can’t blame him.”

“Both of them are so stupid.”

“If only one of them could see how stupid they are.”

“He’ll come back right? Back to you.”

“I’m more afraid that both of them will come after me.”

“For different reasons.”

“For completely different reasons and my head start to get hurt.”

He laughs for a moment. Then he leans down and kisses her cheek.

“I couldn’t believe you gave up our ring.” She could still hear a laugh in his voices.

“I didn’t believe I did it too.”

“So you’ll just show up like before?”

“No. Let’s just give him some time. He needs to recover.”

“Ouch. Should I feel jealous?”

“You should. Really should.”

“I know. And I will.”

***

“You really do think he made a deal?” Jinyoung whispers quietly to Jaebum.

Jaebum just take a long drag from cigarette between his lips.

“You know I hate it when you smoke.” At that Jaebum looked straight to Jinyoung eyes then puff some smoke to his eyes.

“You little !! I hate you!!” Jinyoung wailed and hit Jaebum in his chest. Jaebum just laugh it off and hold Jinyoung wrist tightly.

“I love you too. And yes, he did make a damn deal. I knew it. I’ll try to contact him soon. He’ll give us some answer for sure.”

“I don’t like him. And I still can’t forgive you for what you’ve given up,” said Jinyoung barely whisper when he rest his forehead to Jaebum shoulder.

Jaebum holds around his wrist tightening, more feel like hurting him. But he kept quiet. He will never forget what Jaebum given up and he couldn’t ever forgive himself for that. Because both of them are too young at that time. Too hot blooded and reckless. Too stupid to understand what they’ve done.

“I hate you.”

“I know. And I love you too.”

 

 Note: what I like about being in office is when all the works are low; I could spend my free time writing now. See, I’m not as unproductive as I thought I would be. I’m not really satisfied with what I write now, but let’s say I’ll save the explanation later for ‘future’ sake. Muahahaha. Love you all. <3