Paper Cranes

Paper Cranes
A/N: Hi! I also posted this on Wattpad. Click here to view the Wattpad copy. It is my own, as NANANANANigel. Plagiarism is a crime so never plagiarize hihi
 
 
 
here's Xiumin before you read
the story HAHAHAHA
 
 
 
 
 
 
-------------==========-------------================-------------
 
 
 
 
 
"I'm freaking tired!" Tao blurted out as he lied down the couch. EXO just came home from a fansign slash charity event. Everyone is obviously tired because the performed Growl and Wolf, signed thousands of stuff and travelled home. "Ya, Daese-hyung, you okay?" Luhan asked Xiumin who was massaging his temple. "Why do you always call me a hot trend?" Xiumin asked. "Because you are!" Luhan kid. Xiumin just rolled his eyes.
 
 
Xiumin was very sleepy. He felt a ton of weight on his eyelids and wanted to sleep as soon as possible. He decided not to take a shower because he was too lazy and tired to do so. He just washed his face to remove his make up. He still felt drowsy even after washing. He laid down on his bed and hugged a pillow. "Minseok-hyung, Kyungsoo's preparing some omelettes. Want some?" Chen, his roommate, asked from the door. "No, thanks. I'm too tired to eat" he answered. He closed his eyes, breathed in and out and finally, dozed off.
 
 
 
 
 
-----♫-----
 
 
 
Everyday, with passion and confidence, EXO went to different places, performed and went home. Their everyday was like a daily routine of waking up, performing and sleeping again. Because of being too busy, they would sometimes skip meals, making Baekhyun and Chanyeol whine and complain alot.
 
 
One friday afternoon, EXO was scheduled as guests in Sukira. As they were preparing, Xiumin realized that he forgot his water bottle inside EXO-M van and needed to change the water in it. He went outside to get it. After retrieving his water bottle, he went back inside but as he passed by the door, he noticed a box, a little bigger than a shoe box, with the name Xiumin prettily written at the top. He picked it up and opened it. He saw origami paper cranes of different colors. His eyes widened and a smile formed on his lips at the sight of the beautiful paper cranes. He saw a writing on the back side of the box cover. FROM: Your Fan ♥
 
 
"Thank you, whoever you are." He whispered. He went inside the dorm and showed the box to the members. "Wow! So pretty!" Tao said abruptly. "How many are they?" Sehun asked. Xiumin counted the cranes and the number reached 100. "Wow, this fan must really love you. They say that when someone gives you a hundred paper cranes, they really love you" Kyungsoo said.
 
 
"Who doesn't love Mr. Hot Trend?" Luhan kidded, making Xiumin jokingly grab his collar. They all laughed.
 
 
 
 
-----♫-----
 
 
 
 
A week has passed and it has been, again, another tiring week. TV and radio guestings, Special MC-ing, performance on various music shows and stuff like these exhausted EXO so much. It's also been a week since Xiumin received the box of 100 paper cranes. He wanted to put all of it around their dorm but he thought that it would end up flying across the dorm because of the wind, making the dorm really really messy.
 
 
It was a cold a friday afternoon and its EXO's free time. The Chinese line decided to go to the mall to go shopping while the Korean members stayed at home to get some quality rest.
 
 
"I'm gonna go get some coffee. Want some?" Xiumin asked. "I'll come with you, hyung." Kyungsoo declared. "Well, go get a thick jacket because its really cold outside." Xiumin told his dongsaeng. "Buy us some too, hyung. Free delivery please" the maknae shouted from the kitchen.
Xiumin and Kyungsoo went to the nearby coffee shop and ordered 2 cups of Cafe Americano and 2 cinnamon breads. They sat down at a table near the window.
 
 
"Why is it so cold here in Korea? It's like living inside a giant freezer" Kyungsoo said while rubbing a palm against the other. "I don't know but maybe because I'm here. You know, MAMA thingy" Xiumin joked. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "Or maybe because I'm so cool and it scatters all over Korea?" Xiumin added, making D.O, who was drinking his coffee, cough. He gave himself a face palm. "Oh right! I forgot that I was with a hot trend. I'm really really sorry" Xiumin sarcastically apologized.
 
 
They both laughed. Xiumin held on his cup of hot coffee and took a sip while looking outside the window. The coffee shop was just a few yards away from the dorm so Xiumin was able to see an unfamiliar hooded guy coming out of the dorm building. "Who the heck was that?" he suddenly asked. Kyungsoo looked at the direction where Xiumin looking. "Who?" he asked his hyung. Xiumin stood up and said "Can you just get them their coffees? I'll just go check on the dorm" Kyungsoo just nodded.
 
 
Xiumin rapidly went out of the coffee shop and dashed to the dorm. It's a little worrying for Xiumin that a stranger wearing a hood came out of the dorm building. He didn't think of following the guy because he might be dangerous.
When Xiumin reached the dorm, a box in front of the door immediately caught his attention. He grabbed the box. The box seemed familiar to Xiumin. Then and there, he remembered that it looked like the box that came last week. He opened it and then again, it contained a number of paper cranes.
 
 
*Can he be a fanboy? Well, if he is, thanks alot mister stranger~* Xiumin thought, thinking that the box was from the guy himself.
 
 
He brought the box inside the dorm. "Where's our coffee, hyung?" Chanyeol asked. "It's with Kyungsoo back at the cafè" he answered.
 
 
"Got another box again?" Suho asked. "Yeah. I'll just put this in my room"
 
 
He entered their room and stooped down to the bottom of his bed. He got the first box and noticed that the box was the same except for some slight changes such as it had now has his MAMA power badge. Aside from that, its still the same. The 4 big red roses at the side and the XIUMIN prettily written.
 
 
He sat on the floor and counted the paper cranes of the second box and it again counted to 100.
Suddenly, Xiumin realized something. *Why would a full grown man give me something like this?* He wondered at first but then came to think of a thought he always kept in mind. *I'll accept it wholeheartedly even if I don't know where it came from*
 
 
He kissed each box before keeping it again underneath his and Chen's bed.
 
 
 
 
-----♫-----
 
 
 
 
3 weeks passed and its been like heaven and hell for EXO. Heaven because of all the fan support they get, the music shows they win in and stuff which are being happy about. Hell because its really tiring. It was a saturday when Luhan had colds. He couldn't sing properly that's why they had to use prerecorded audio for the broadcast.
 
 
Xiumin has also received three more boxes with a hundred cranes each and the cover was improving every week. The 3rd box had a sticker of a cartoon bun. The 4th had chinese letters that read out Baozi (according to Lay) while the 5th box had a picture of Xiumin doing his famous baozi expressions. The cover was filled with these stuffs that's why Xiumin can't help but smile.
 
 
Xiumin decided to wait for the man who comes between 2-2:30PM. He noticed that.The man never arrives earlier or later than 2-2:30.
 
 
He hid behind the car for him not to be seen my the guy. By 2:17, Xiumin saw the guy. He was wearing a plain blue shirt and was holding a box. As soon as the guy placed the box in front of the door, he approached the guy.
"Excuse me, Mister" The guy was surprised hearing Xiumin's voice. Xiumin seized the box and faced the guy. "Thank you so much for these boxes and paper cranes, Mister" Minseok said with a very dulcet smile.
"My sister's been making those. I'm just a delivery guy" the guy replied, perhaps coldly. Xiumin maintained the smile and muttered "Well, thank you for delivering them for me"
 
 
The guy smirked. "You're very much welcome, Xiumin" The man was about to walk away when Xiumin asked. "Ah Mister, if you wouldn't mind, may I know your name and your sister's as well? I've been curious on who's making and bringing these to me."
 
 
"I'm Jeong Dongha and my sister's Kyungri." The guy uttered. Xiumin's smile widened. "Mr. Dongha, please tell Kyungri that I'm really thankful for these" Xiumin declared.
"I should be the one thanking you" Hearing this, Xiumin became puzzled. *Why does he have to thank me?* He asked himself. "Why? I don't even know you guys an--"
 
 
"It's because of you, my sister's still alive." The smile on Xiumin's face disappeared and was replaced by a confused expression.
 
 
"When she met you, she wanted to live. She became your fan more or less a year ago. She wants to live to see you"
 
 
Dongha's words touched Xiumin's heart. It was just now that Xiumin realized how dedicated a fan can be. He felt a little proud because he's the reason why a girl wants to live. He who had few fans, according to surveys. He who only received a handful of gifts on his birthday while the others receive tons.
 
 
"Mr. Dongha, would you mind if I video myself using your phone? I want to thank your sister. Maybe if I talked to her, she would want to live more." Xiumin said. He doesn't even know the reason why Kyungri didn't want to live. Was she sick? Depressed to the point of suicide? That's still a puzzle but Xiumin was determined that he would at least soften Kyungri's heart if he talks to her indirectly.
 
 
Dongha handed over a smart phone. Xiumin went to the vide recorder app. He checked his appearance on the screen. He wanted to look handsome in the eyes of the person who admires him a lot. He pressed the red button and started talking "Hi Kyungri-ah!" he greeted first. "I'm EXO's Xiumin. You know me right? I'm here with your brother." Xiumin showed Dongha on the screen. " Thank you so much for these wonderful boxes and paper cranes, Kyungri-ah. I don't know your situation but please live. Live for me. Saranghae, Kyungri." Xiumin ended the video and gave the phone back to Dongha.
 
 
"She'll be very happy" Dongha uttered with a smile. Xiumin dulcetly smiled back.
 
 
"I better be going" Dongha bid goodbye and Xiumin bowed in respect. He went back to the dorm with a big smile and a proud heart.
 
 
 
-----♫-----
 
 
 
Xiumin tried his best to meet Dongha every week in front of the dorm. Xiumin met him in the 6th week but was unable to do so in the 7th and 8th.
 
 
The boxes were becoming prettier and prettier (Sehun was the one who first used the term pretty). The sixth box had the words WE ARE ONE. The seventh box had Xiumin's chibi drawing on it. The 8th box was the prettiest so far. It had drawings of Baozis on the side.
 
 
EXO got busier than ever. They were promoting their new album 12월의 기적 or Miracles of December in English. It was mainly D.O, Baekhyun and Chen but there were also songs that had other members' voices in them. Xiumin feels heavy because Sehun didn't even get a single line but still, the maknae is full support of his Hyungs.
It was a good thing that they got a day off. Members treated themselves to a buffet. It was a restaurant where you get to eat from 8 in the morning till 3 in the afternoon. International cuisine was served mainly Japanese, Chinese, Italian, Filipino, Spanish, Thai and so much more.
 
 
EXO and their managers were eating joyfully when Xiumin abruptly realized that it was a Friday and its half past 12 and it takes at least an hour to get to their dorm. Xiumin asked the managers if they could go home now. They were befuddled, of course, by what Xiumin is saying. The managers were clueless that Xiunin wanted to go home because of a man who gives him gifts because if they knew, they wouldn't like it. The manager aren't really fond of gifts from fans since EXO is one of those sasaeng-rich boy groups.
 
 
EXO knew about what Xiumin wants so Kyungsoo, as a concerned dongsaeng, acted as if he suddenly had headache. It wasn't usual for D.O to fake something so the managers decided to pay the bill and go home.
Fortunately, there wasn't much road congestion so they got home before 2 o' clock. The managers left, leaving the little EXO lambs in the dorm.
 
 
Xiumin waited for Dongha and as expected, he arrived before 2:30. The elder immmediately saw Xiumin. Without much ado, he gave the box to Xiumin.
 
 
"Uhm...Hyung... I just want to ask something"Xiumin said. Dongha requested Xiumin to call him Hyung instead of Mr. Dongha so there won't be any awkward atmosphere between them. "Sure, anything." Dongha answered.
Xiumin was nervous because of his question. Dongha might get offended or whatsoever. "Please don't get mad" he requested. Dongha smirked. "I won't, I promise"
 
 
"I know that Kyungri wants to express her love for me but until when will she give me these?" Dongha's smile faded. "Don't take it as an offensive question, Hyung. Please. I'm just thinking about Kyungri. Making these beautiful boxes and paper cranes is a tough--"
 
 
"Until she dies" Xiumin froze when Dongha interrupted his sentence with this. "She promised herself to do it until the day she dies."
 
 
"That would be very long. A year has 52 weeks and that would be 52 boxes and 5200 paper cranes for Kyungri and the fact that an average person lives until 70. THAT'S TOO TIRING" Minseok accidentally raised his voice.
Dongha made the "tch" sound and smirked. "No one told you not to dispose any of them if it took space in your dorm. You can always throw them away since you get a new one every week"
 
 
Dongha's words made Xiumin clench his fist. He tried his best to keep his tempet and not to punch Dongha's face. "How could you even say that?" Xiumin asked in a very interrogative tone. "How can you even say that I may dispose the hardworks of your sister?" Xiumin also has a younger sister therefore he knows what it feels like to be a big brother and never would he allow a man or even anyone to throw away his sister's effort.
 
 
"You don't know my sister" Dongha hissed.
 
 
"Well, I think she'a human enough to get disappointed when she discovers that her brothee allows people to throw the fruits of her labor."
 
 
Dongha sneered. "Is she still human if I tell you she loves you more than her life?" Xiumin tried to answer back but when he finally absorbed Dongha's words, he stood frozen. "She was serious when she said she'll make pieces of crap for you until she dies. My sister always takes her promises seriously." Dongha moved his hair to the side.
 
 
"I remember when I was in your position. I asked her if she was really serious on making these cranes for you until she dies. As a brother, I would always worry about her and when she decided to do this crap for you, I totally disapproved. She's still sick and she's tiring herself because of these pieces of sh*t. I don't want her to get obsessed with you until she dies. No offense bro, but you won't be famous forever. Give it 25 years. After that, you' ll just be history. You'll get a family, live with them and eventually, you'll pass away like everyone will. The point is I don't want my sister obsessed with idols like you but she insisted. I couldn't exactly argue with her. I can't say what was on my mind because she might get offended so I just agreed to deliver these things to you because Kyungri can't. She's weak. She can't even stand on her own anymore. I'm allowing you to throw all that for your own benefit but if you don't want to, it's up to you".
 
Dongha turned around and walked away but before he was too far to be audible, he said "동생을사랑하거든. 사랑을안하면, 내가 저걸 버렸을텐데" [I love my sister. If I didn't, I would have personally thrown those away]
Dongha took a right turn and disappeared from Xiumin's vision.
Xiumin froze to all of the words he just heard. He held the box tighter while thinking and reflecting on Dongha's statement.
 
 
He went inside the dorm with an I-have-a-problem face which Luhan immediately noticed. He approached his friend and asked "You okay?" Xiumin forced a smile. "Just tell me, I'll listen" Xiumin hugged Luhan tightly. "I'm confused" Luhan broke their embraced. "Then do what you do when you need some relaxing"
Xiumin smiled. It was time for another cup of warm milk.
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
The following Friday came and EXO members are on a trip to the Philippines for a concert. Dongha came and placed the box where he usually leaves it. He suddenly saw a piece of paper on the flower pot near him. It had 동하 형 [Dongha-hyung] written on it. He picked it up and unfolded it.
 
 
"Dongha-hyung,
Sorry if I have offended you last time. Maybe I really don't know Kyungri. Please forgive me. If you have another box, just please leave it where you usually place it. We are probably in the Philippines already when you read this letter.
-김민석/Xiumin
 
 
P.S.
I will never throw the heart of a person who loves me so much. If she loves me more than her life, the least I can do is to take care of her heart which she weekly gives to me."
 
 
Dongha smiled and left.
 
 
He walked away from the dorm and rode his motorcycle. He wanted to go home. He wanted to spend a little more time with his little sister. Almost half of his life, Dongha was abroad, working for his sister's education, their father's maintenance medicines and for his family's other expenses. When his father passed away, he wasn't able to go home because his father has unpaid debts and he had to pay it. His mom, a a seamstress, earned enough for their food everyday. As a loving brother, he would most of the time send Kyungri some money to buy herself some of her wants. Dongha did all of this to cope up with all the days he wasn't at Kyungri's side.
Dongha reached home. He parked his motorcycle in front of their gate. He went inside and went straight to Kyungri's room.
 
 
There, lying down, was his sister who was watching videos in the TV. Videos of Xiumin of course. "Hi, oppa" she greeted her brother. "I left it in front of their door. They have a concert in the Philippines." he said. Kyungri smiled.
 
 
"He's almost here." Kyungri said without removing her eyes from the TV. "Who?" Dongha asked.
Kyungri faced her brother and held his cheeks. "Don't skip meals, okay?" she sweetly said. "Sleep early but don't forget to wash your face before you do so." Dongha placed his hand on Kyungri's hand that was on his cheek. His tears were flooding. "Can you not, Kyungri?"
 
 
Kyungri let out a soft chuckle. "It's not me who decides." she said. Dongha hugged his sister tightly. "Hey, not too tight. He might come sooner" she kidded. Instead of laughing, Dongha's cry became more intense.
Kyungri broke the hug. "Don't cry. You're ugly when you cry." she wiped his tears with her thumb. "I think I won't be needing this" she pulled away the cloth on her head.
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
EXO, at last, came home. They went back to the dorm in different emotions. They were happy and relieved aside from one.
 
 
Xiumin is very depressed with his performance. He accidentally fall to the floor during the V-formation dance in Growl. It's normal to get sad when you commit mistake during a performance. Xiumin decided to drink a glass of warm milk to calm his mind and relieve his stress.
 
 
He took a sip and thought of what happened.
 
 
"Still thinking of what happened?" Luhan said from behind. He went to the fridge and got some orange juice. "Yeah" Xiumin answered while handing over a glass to Luhan.
 
 
Lu smiled while pouring his drink. "The hell are you smiling at?" Xiumin asked. "You're sad" Luhan answered. "So it makes you happy when I'm sad? Is that what you're driving at?"
 
 
"There's someone waiting for you, Minseok." Luhan uttered as he walked away. "Where?"
"under your bed" he answered and winked before he was finally out of sight.
 
 
Xiumin smiled and thought "They made me happy once. Maybe it's time to visit them"
 
 
He went to his and Chen's room. His roommate wasn't there. "Maybe he's in Jongin and Kyungsoo's room again."
He gathered all the boxes under his bed and arranged them in order. "1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9..." He then realized that it was supposed ti be ten boxes since a Friday has already passed. His heart rate suddenly increased. He immediately ran outside, to the door where Dongha usually leaves the boxes.
His nervousness was replaced with relief. A box was sitting beside the flowerpot in its usual place. *How could I not notice?*
 
 
He grabbed the box and went back to his room. He placed the last box to its chronological spot. Minseok stared at the boxes. His lips curved into a smile.
 
 
While staring at the boxes, Xiumin noticed letters written on the roses around some boxes. He immediately thought of it as a puzzle. He tried stacking them from earliest to latest but it didn't make sense but when he did it the other way around, words formed. Names to be exact.
 
 
K M
Y I
U N
N S
G E
R O
I K
 
 
Xiumin felt the happiness and delight scattering and flowing through his nerves. He can't help but be touched by these boxes. A tear left his eye without him noticing.
Xiumin forgot all his worries. His mind can't even remember his reason of depression. All he can think of is that he is loved. Loved by his family, friends, fans and most especially Kyungri.
 
 
Another Friday came and Xiumin decided to visit Kyungri. He planned to ask Dongha to take him to their house so that he can say hi and thanks to Kyungri. Xiumin even bought some chocolates and flowers to give to the girl and a box of apples to give to her family. He assumed that she would like the chocolates especially because it's shaped like a heart and written on it in korean are their names 민석♥경리. This is the least he can do to make this girl happy.
Xiumin dressed lightly yet neatly. A crease-free light blue polo shirt paired with jeans and some sneakers suited
Minseok well. He wanted to look presentable in front of this special fan.
 
 
A couple of hours later, Dongha came. Unusual as it may seem but Dongha was wearing a black traditional costume. Xiumin was curious but he decided not to ask.
 
 
Xiumin happily waved at Dongha but the elder didn't wave back. He continued walking towards Xiumin. When he was near enough, he handed over the box to Xiumin. He observed the box. He was hesitating at first but eventually asked
 
 
"Hyung, why is it a little smaller than usual?"
 
 
Just then did Xiumin notice that Dongha's eyes were red and that he was excessively sniffing.
 
 
"Can I..." Dongha's voice broke. He cleared his throat before finally asking "Can I invite you for coffee?"
 
 
"Sure, hyung" Xiumin answered.
 
 
They went to the coffee shop without even saying a word to each other. They sat down. Dongha was forcing himself not to cry in front of Xiumin. Meanwhile, Xiumin, comparing the boxes in his mind, saw that the box now was unfinished. The roses weren't fully colored. There were some lacking stickers. He opened the box and saw only a handful of paper cranes.
 
 
"That was all she can finish" Dongha said. Xiumin was puzzled. "Why? Is she tired? If she is, it's okay. She can stop making these. I should already be thankful for everything. I shouldn't demand from here just because it became a habit."
 
 
"She didn't want to, remember? She didn't want to stop."
 
 
"Then why?" Xiumin asked.
 
 
"She was forced to." Dongha fished out a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped his tears. "Who forced her?"
 
 
"Death" Xiumin froze. His throat suddenly dried up and shivers went up his spine.
 
 
"She... Kyungri..." Minseok was stuttering. His hands were shaking more than that of a performer's hands when he is
about to go up stage.
 
 
"Kyungri's dead" Dongha finished thr statement for Xiumin. "Kyungri's been sick, Xiumin. Cancer. It's not clear to me but the doctor said it was something with her colon." Xiumin still can't absorb the situation.
He forced a laugh. "You must be kidding, Hyung. You said she'll make me paper cranes until she dies. That'll be like more than 70 years from now. I'll--"
 
 
"I said she'd make you those but never told you she'll live long. All she had was 11 weeks" Dongha breathed deeply and started to tell Xiumin Kyungri's story.
 
 
"About 2 and a half years ago, while I was still abroad, Kyungri was diagnosed with colon cancer which made me go home immediately. She refused medication. She didn't want to continue life. She, knowing that she's sick, didn't want to prolong her pain. She didn't even want to go to school but when she met you, it all changed. She wanted to continue life. Kyungri wanted to meet you, support you and be with you."
Dongha wiped his tear. "Too bad it was too late" Xiumin was trying to hold back his tears but eventually, it just endlessly gushed from his eyes. "When she finally took medication, the cancer was already spread out. The doctor gave her 11 weeks."
 
 
"All I thought she would get depressed. I thought she'd even try to kill herself but she didn't. She accepted what life has offered her. That very same day she discovered about her numbered days, she was listening to a song, the song that made her decide on what to do with the rest of her life. I disagreed, you know. I disagreed because I didn't want her to get tired. I didn't want her wasting the last 11 weeks of her life for you!" Dongha raised his voice, making Xiumin cry more.
 
 
"Weak as she is, she wanted to finish all these. It pained me so much, you know? Even when she needed rest, she would pick up and fold pieces of papers and and finish those hell of a damn cranes. I can't stop her. I wanted to but I can't. She promised herself to do so. Kyungri's the kind of person who sticks to her promises"
Dongha wiped his tears with a handkerchief and grabbed something from his bad and gave it to Xiumin. "She wants you to have this." Xiumin looked at Dongha's hand. His vision was blurred with tears. He cleared away the tears in his eyes. He glanced at Dongha's hand again and saw an iPod touch, It had a pink case. "Why?"
 
 
"She wants you to see what's inside" Dongha pulled out another envelope from the bag. It had KIM MINSEOK written in front. "This is the last important thing in this bag but everything is for you."
 
 
Xiumin was in disbelief. Tears were fountaining from his eyes and his heart was crying as well. "I'm.... I'm sorry"
"Don't be. You made her happy." Dongha said as he patted Xiumin's head.
Xiumin dragged his feet back to the dorm. Dongha left him his shades to hide his red and puffy eyes to avoid scandals and issues.
 
 
Xiumin twisted the knob and entered the dorm. "Hi, hyung" Chen greeted. Xiumin took off the shades and revealed to Chen his eyes. "Have you been crying?" Chen asked. Xiumin nodded. Chen hugged Xiumin as tight as he can. He knows that Xiumin is a tough guy and doesn't cry easily so this must be something really serious. Xiumin wasn't hugging him back but his face was buried in Chen's shoulder. Chen can feel his hyung's tears soaking his shirt but that's the least of his concerns now. Chen lead Xiumin to their room without breaking the hug. Chen locked the door and seated his hyung on the bed.
 
 
"What's wrong, hyung?" He asked. Xiumin was stuttering, trying to say a word. "Kyung....Kyung..."
 
 
"What? Kyungsoo? He's in his room."
 
 
Xiumin broke the embrace and said "Kyungri"
 
 
"The fan who sends you the boxes? What about her?" Chen asked while patting Xiumin's back.
 
 
"She... She's dead" Chen's jaw dropped in disbelief. Xiumin placed the bag on his lap. "Her brother gave me this. She wanted me to have it."
 
 
"Well, open it up"
 
 
Xiumin opened the bag. Random EXO merchandises were inside. Albums, photocards and other stuff with Xiumin's face and name on it. A photo caught Xiumin's attention. It was a photo of him and a girl he assumed as Kyungri. He doesn't remember taking such picture. He flipped it and saw a note. "Jeno, my friend, edited this for me in Photoshop. Even though it's not real, I'm happy."
 
 
He suddenly remembered about the iPod touch and the letter. He took it and opened it. The letter was really long and was even handwritten which made it more heartfelt.
 
 
"Annyeong Oppa,
 
My name is Jeong Kyungri. You know me, right? I'm the one who has been making the boxes and cranes. Dongha-oppa has been giving it to you, right? Do you like it? I hope you did.
 
Oppa, I just want you to know that I love you so much. I was scrolling my SNS and saw that, according to a survey, you, Chen-oppa and Lay-oppa have the least mumber of fans. I want you to feel loved, Oppa. Don't think of the numbers, Oppa. I love you so much, I'm worth all of Luhan-oppa's fans HAHA just kidding. I love you more than my life, Oppa. Well, I'm not the sasaeng type, I'm the dedicated type. Well, the life I'm talking about isn't that long though. I have cancer and I'm dying. Well, as you reas this letter, I might already be in Paris or London flying as an angel. My dad told me that angels can go wherever they want because they have wings. You, oppa? Can you go anywhere too? Can you fly? Because you look like an angel.
 
Oppa, I'm in love with you. I know you can't love me back because you're an idol and I am just a fan. You can't possibly fall in love with me but it's okay. I've already accepted that fact. Please forgive me oppa. I have always imagined you as my boyfriend and I always hug the pillow beside me, imagining it's you.
In a story I've read, the ending went like "...and their never-ending love song started to play." In our case, our never-ending love song never even started or if it did, it was just all in my mind.
 
You know, oppa, I've been very happy since I started supporting you. I wasn't able to go to your live performances but I never missed one on TV. I do the fan chants in my room while you perform on TV. I get sad when they don't show you much because I like seeing your baozi face. You look like a singing dumpling.
Okay, time for the serious part.
 
Thank you so much, Kim Minseok for making my dream come true. All I wanted in life was a man who can serenade my soul with his voice, fill my heart with joy and protect me from all my fears. You're everything I've dreamed of, oppa. I accept the fact that I am nothing but a fan. I am just one of the many millions, oppa but I want you to know that as much as you say that your fans are your strength, you, Kim Minseok, are my strength. You're the reason I didn't want to die but it was too late.
 
I have one last request, oppa. Is it okay if you do it? My soul up in heaven would be very happy. When you sing, sing from the bottom of your heart. Reflect your feelings in each lyric and use the strength coming from your fans to hit those high notes.
 
That's it, oppa. I hope you liked my letter :) if in another life you would still be an idol, it will be an honor supporting you again. Promise, if I become your fan in the next life, I will go to your concert and will proudly hold up a light stick and shout "I am Kim Minseok's fan!"
 
Before I really finish this, I'll leave you some words to strengthen you. In a concert, an idol looks at his fans but the fans, they see their world up on stage.
 
Saranghaeyo, oppa.
 
Till we meet each other.
Kyungri
 
 
Xiumin, eyes overflowing with tears, hugged the letter and cried. Chen hugged his hyung to comfort him.
It hurts Xiumin so much that he never got to meet this fan, this girl who loves him so much. The thought "the least I could do was show up before she died" was continuously running through his mind. Xiumin was filled with regret. I should have done this and that.
 
 
No matter how Chen tried, Xiumin's cries just grew louder. He's never seen Xiumin like this. Xiumin was always the guy who could hold back tears but now, Chen thinks that he is the softest person in the world.
 
 
 
-----====-------========------======
 
 
 
 
3 months later.....
 
EXO, still at the peak of their fame, is now preparing for their concert today. Nonstop rehearsals are being held inside the dome while the fans patiently wait in line. Fansites continue to give out freebies like banners, chocolates with the members' name, light sticks and the like.
 
 
Everyone is excited, including EXO. Shivers run down their spine when they imagine that this dome they're standing in right now would be filled with fans, lights and fan chants.
 
 
The members will have their own solo performance. Each of them, either song or dance, will have to perform alone on stage. Well, Kai and Lay decided to have a duo dance while Sehun, Kris and Tao will have back-up dancers with him. Chanyeol will rap, as usual but he prepared his own song. He wrote it for the concert, for the fans. D.O, Suho, Baekhyun, Luhan, Chen and Xiumin will each have a solo performance.
 
Mic checks were done, everything was set. It's one hour before the concert starts.
 
 
3 and a half hours later....
 
 
It's now Xiumin's performance. He is the last one to perform before the final song.
Xiumin sat down on a simple chair, carrying a guitar with him. He tapped the mic to make sure it was working. Then he started to talk.
 
 
"I would like to thank you all for coming. It makes my heart flutter to see everyone here. It makes me happy to see this dome filled with happy people. Thank you, guys."
 
 
The fans screamed but Xiumin asked them to keep quiet.
 
 
"You know guys, I have a confession to make." He said "I don't like being in EXO" everyone was shocked. Even the members were surprised because Xiumin was saying different stuff from the rehearsal. "It's not that I hate being an EXO member. I love everything about it but what I envy about the idols who are not that famous is they get to spend so much time with their fans while we can't because of all these schedules across Korea and the world. I'm sorry everyone if we can't do what other idols can do."
 
 
Everyone was in a state of shock. They never expected Xiumin to say words like these.
 
 
"I have a short story to tell you. There was this one fan who loved her idol so much, she loved him more than her own life. The idol, who was so busy with his schedules, couldn't see that love of that one fan because of all fame he was getting. Until one day, she gave a box to the idol. A box filled with paper cranes. At first, the idol was confused but then every week, a box came to their door and had paper cranes in it. It always had a hundred paper cranes until the fan never got to finish a hundred. She died of cancer and it was too late for the idol to give her a visit."
 
 
"I envy those people who have so much time to spend freely. I envy the idols who can interact with their fans as much as they want. I love everything about EXO but it makes my heart cry whenever I realize that our fans spend so much time and effort for us while all we do is sing and dance in front of the, show them limited fan service and take pictures to post on SNS."
 
 
"Some of you might be mad at me right now. You might think I'm ungrateful for the things I have right now. For everyone's information, I am very thankful for everything. What I'm saying is as much as I'm grateful for all your love, I want to give back. The two words thank you doesn't suffice. In the future, I want to spend more time with you all. Not as an idol but as a friend. I don't want to be the Xiumin-oppa who is always busy, doesn't have enough time and such. I want to be the approachable Xiumin-oppa. I want be the Xiumin-oppa who can spend my whole day with everyone without worrying about future schedules. I want to be the best oppa you can ever imagine."
 
 
Xiumin's words brought tears to everyone's eyes. Fans had their handkerchiefs cover their faces because of all the tears that were flowing from their eyes.
 
 
"I'm sorry if I won't be singing our song because I've seen a song that reflects my heart."
 
 
Like you said Kyungri. Reflect my feelings with the lyrics.
 
 
Xiumin started to strum his guitar and started singing. [A/N: play the song here. I'm sorry it's not an EXO song but it fits the story, promise]
 
 
"Because of the endless schedule,
It's not easy to see your face.
Me inside the tv, you watching me on TV
that's how we date"
 
"Should I quit?
When I think about you, I keep getting weak"
 
"Because I'm an idol, because I'm a celebrity
I can't hold your hand when he walk but
When I become more famous, when I become more confident
I will give you all the love I couldn't give you right now."
 
"I want to go out and go to the movies
I want to stick close to you and walk all day
Things that everyone else does, things that are normal
Those things are difficult for us"
 
"I wondered if we should break up many times
But I love you so much"
 
"Because I'm an idol, because I'm a celebrity
I can't hold your hand when he walk but
When I become more famous, when I become more confident
I will give you all the love I couldn't give you right now."
 
"As much as I love you, music is important to me so I can't help it."
 
"After some time passes, after I become a little bit more famous
I will reveal the world to you
I love you"
 
"Because of all the camera, because of my manager
I keep pushing back my dates with you
When my music succeeds, when everything goes well,
I will give you all the love I couldn't give you right now."
 
"I'll do everything for you, I'll give everything to you."
 
"This song is for you. I love you."
 
 
 
You're wrong, Kyungri becuase I can also hear our never-ending love song. I love you too.