A wish

RESET
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I’m just really stressed out already. No sleep. I already turned into a zombie” I clamored in the middle of our conversation. “Me too. We’ll be eating brains and hearts soon” Jungkook replied.

“Oh yeah. I’d be eating your heart first, bet it’ll taste good”

“I’ll be eating yours too”

“No, you won’t. Mine tastes bitter *evil laugh*”

“I have a different taste. *evil laugh* bet I’ll like it”

I shivered on his response and laughed to myself, “All right! Let’s end this nonsense before actual zombies dominate my dream. Goodnight”

“Goodnight. Sleep well. I’ll be the zombie in your dream. Kidding”

 

I rolled my eyes, put aside my phone and decided to finally get some sleep. A smile formed into my face before I lost my consciousness.

 

 

The next day, a mischievous smile crept on my face when I saw Seri sitting next to Jungkook. They were talking so I decided not to in and just meddle in with the other groups but then when I got passed them Jungkook stood up and greeted me, “How are you?” he asked. “Tired” I replied and he laughed sitting next to me, “same here” his gaze stayed longer that I felt a bit conscious, “Aren’t you nervous?” he asked and knowing he meant about our project’s evaluation day, I honestly replied “Of course”

“I believe in you. I know you’ll pass”

“I hope so” I replied, nervousness starting to envelope me, “you too. I know you will”

Seri soon joined us and I found Jungkook’s bag on her lap. I suddenly felt awkward for the first time and he probably felt it too that’s why when Minhee joined us he went back to his group.

It was just last night that we had another lame conversation and I’m just glad he came back to his usual self. I have decided not to give much attention to how he simply makes me laugh and makes my mood way better. I like it that we became close friends as we could be. I couldn’t be more grateful than having friends such kind as him and Seri, Minhee and the others… Although I found out that winter break, that Jungkook and I had so much in common; I still think if ever, Seri and he will become a perfect couple. They’re both kind, humorous and I should definitely say hardworking.

I suddenly found myself drifting back to the conversation we had during winter break;

“Where should I go next?” he asked over the phone.

“Left and then go straight ahead until you reach the corner. Just send me a message when you get there”

“Okay. You’re not trying to get me lost, are you?” he laughed, “No. I desperately need those guidelines” I laughed along before I ended the call and as I waited for his message I realized I’ve been staring at the mirror longer than I usually do. I didn’t want to think that I’m feeling conscious on the way I look when I’ll meet Jungkook after a few minutes so I shook the thought away and hardly convinced myself that I look fine and if I don’t, it won’t matter to either of us. I even felt thrilled, strange.

I went out to meet him as soon as I got his message, “Hey” I called out and he smiled, “Thank you so much for coming all the way here. It should be me going to your place” I considered it as something unfair since I was the one who needs a copy. “It’s fine. Don’t worry”

I led him in and he gave me the USB where I will copy it from and as the file was being transferred, I just let him do whatever he wants in my laptop, it’s not like I’m hiding something in there. We talked a lot until I found out something, “We became classmates though we aren’t in the same year in our highschool” Jungkook mentioned, “You were a year higher than me” he turned to me and smiled.

“We’re in the same school?” I asked in surprise; I just knew and I really didn’t expect he’d recognize me.

He nodded, “So that’s why you somehow looked familiar” I uttered in realization but I just didn’t know why until now. We started to talk about our former school, laugh on the memories we had during our high school and agree on our opinions of the school. Then we talked about our dreams and he told me I have the same dream as her younger sister. When we talked about our hobbies I laughed when he suggested, “We can form a band someday” I found it funny though but I really got surprised when he said, “I’ll play the drums”

“You know how to?” I was beyond surprised; I envy him. It is one of my dreams; to learn how to play it.

“Yes”

“Teach me! Will you?” I begged and he laughed, “Anytime”

“Promise me” I demanded and he nodded, “I promise but when is that?”

 “I don’t know. After we graduate maybe, but we’ll be busy with work and I don’t think we’ll get to see each other anymore” I frowned considering we aren’t close enough to just hang out or meet each other often. School is the only one that keeps us together, I guess.

He shrugged, “well that depends if you’ll show up”

“It’s no problem for me, I’m not just sure about you” I teased. “I have a promise to keep, don’t I?” Jungkook smiled and I felt my heart leaped for a brief moment. We talked until we realized it was already dark outside and so he decided to leave, “Thank you so much Jungkook” I said as I walked him out to the gate, “Sure. See you at school?” he asked and I nodded. We bid each other goodbye and I waited until he vanished in my sight before going back in. I realized I didn’t feel that comfortable with anyone whom I don’t know for a long time except him. We only get to interact a month ago and honestly, I felt like I’ve known him for years, that’s odd but I’m glad not only because I already have a copy of the guidelines but also because he came by. I knew more about him and it’s really fun talking to someone you have lots of similarities with.

“Jaehyun” Seri called out, “Our paper is out”

“Finally. We can start working again” I uttered but my mind was still half filled with my conclusion. It’s not really a big deal is it? Since I don’t like Jungkook much more than a friend… I paused; I know deep inside I wasn’t sure of that yet but I already decided, I won’t anymore give much thought about it especially that there’s more work to be done. I don’t need myself to get distracted at this moment.

 

The week of our doom finally arrived and everyone was growing anxious by the minute. Everyone can watch any group’s evaluation and I did watch each and every evaluation until Jungkook’s group turn is up, “Good luck!” I cheered and he drew a long breathe to calm himself, “Thank you” he flashed a nervous smile. “You can do it!”

 

He was already in front with his group waiting and getting ready to receive their evaluation. He looked at me and we exchanged smiles. I gave him thumbs up and his smile widened and then finally, they passed. Jungkook looked so happy and I wanted to walk up to him to congratulate him but they were busy getting pictures with the group and the evaluators so I clapped for him instead when he looked at my direction and he threw his fist up. We had to leave immediately for the next class so I sent him a message instead, “Congratulations!!! You can now sleep peacefully…”

I received a reply instantly, “Thank you and thank you so much for watching too… I really appreciate it”

“No big deal. Hey, it’s just watching no need to thank me about it” I laughed; it was really an insignificant matter for me. I guess he really is just happy that they passed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter