He's a mystery

RESET
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

I stopped at the middle of the staircase just after I made a turn. I looked back and my heart almost sank that what my eyes saw was correct. It was him who had just gone pass me. My brows furrowed as I continued my way down; how can he not greet me. It was way strange when friends don’t greet each other. It is impossible not to see me I mean I was the only one going down. Probably, he didn’t see me coz he was kind of in a hurry. I shook the thought of it before I’ll feel worse about it. 

“Jaehyun, hurry up!” Seri called out from the library doors, “We’re already five minutes late from our class” she reminded and we had to walk fast like we’re beating every student around us in a marathon. The next class was boring and so I found myself thinking about Jungkook again. Now that I remember it, he also didn’t greet me in our first class after Christmas break. Not that I badly wanted him to but we kind of… well, sort of became close that break and it’s just normal that we’d greet each other once we come back in school and be in the same class, in the same room. I sighed, what could be wrong? Is he that preoccupied by our term project? Have he learned to dislike me and not treat me as a friend anymore? But that would be childish isn’t it?

 

“I can’t believe we haven’t started yet” Seri clamored, “Tell me about it” I laughed. Everyone in our year level was talking about none other than the term project. It is our last and our ticket to this year’s graduation. “We only got two more months left” Seri frowned and took a sip of her drink, “It’s not enough but we can’t do anything about it, can’t we?” I replied to burden up the situation but there’s no helping into it; it was the reality.

“How about your group’s?” I asked Minhee, one of the members of another group which also consists of our circle of friends. We wanted to work together but unfortunately a group must only contain three, “We have started a bit” she replied that left Seri and me more anxious.

“Oh by the way, you did get the guidelines from Jungkook right?” Seri asked and I nodded, “It’s in my laptop”

“Good. Then we can start…” she paused, probably recalling her schedule, “tomorrow afternoon?”

“Sure” I replied; we really need to start doing it if we want to pass.

“So” Seri’s worried expression suddenly turned to a mischievous one which got me alarmed, “Did Jungkook really give it to you personally?” she asked and I nodded. “Where?” Seri could be really nosy sometimes. “At our house”

“He came to your house?!” her tone of voice suddenly became a pitch higher which surprised me, “Yes? Why?”

“Well…” she shrugged and smiled. I didn’t like that smile, it obviously meant something, “Honestly, I really think he has a crush on you” she confessed and my jaw almost fell. “How?” I laughed and shot her a ridiculous look.

“It’s just obvious” she replied shortly and laughed. I think she’s gone crazy but, it also crossed my mind once then erased it completely; it’s something I can’t bear thinking of because I don’t consider myself a crush material. To my assessment; I’m a normal girl who mostly doesn’t have much of a care on the world aside from the people I know and I don’t have a pleasing personality too unlike my friends who can be an angels in disguise but I’m not bad either,  just plain normal, average… I don’t even know why I’m justifying myself at the very moment. “Well it isn’t obvious to me” I commented in contrast although what made me concluded about it was catching Jungkook staring a couple of times at me ever since we don’t know each other yet but it wasn’t enough evidence. “It’s just really obvious” Seri insisted with a silly grin, "He even came all the way from their place just to lend you what you need in the middle of the vacation"

I just kept my mouth shut to end the ridiculous topic and finally, Seri began to talk about our project again.

 

Our classes ended with the sky already dark. We had to go separated ways since we moved a month ago and the idea of going home separately really saddened me and Seri. We have been friends for almost three years now but it was like we’ve been for three times over.

The conversation we had earlier didn’t keep my mind off Jungkook which is a huge question mark for me. I kept on thinking about him, often than usual since the first time he ignored me. I couldn’t really say he’s ignoring me though; it was more like he’s avoiding me but why? I tried to think of our last meeting, we talked… I got to know a bit more about him. I was actually talking comfortably to him though we aren’t that close that’s when I think we got closer after that but it turned out like I became a stranger to him… he’s even more nicer to strangers! I can’t believe it but what I can’t believe more was me making this a big deal. I grabbed my pillow and buried my face on it. I need to sleep, our first class will be early tomorrow and I can’t afford to be late since I already been for multiple times in the past month.

 

The next morning my prayer got answered and I didn’t get late. I was working, having the most of the attention I can afford to focus in our work when suddenly Minhee called me so I turned towards her direction and when I do, in a glimpse I saw him looking at me but when I looked completely towards him ready to greet him he looked down to his journal. My

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter