Prologue

Out of the Rubble

Jongin is in the middle of pulling an all nighter to write a major essay for his history course when the meteor hits Seoul. The large boom as the meteor makes impact with the ground startles Jongin causing him to jump out of his seat. The sound definitely came from ourside his apartment so he rushes to the window, yanking the curtains open, revealing a shocking sight. Completely crushing one of EXO Labs’ buildings is a gigantic meteor, smoke coming up from the rubble. The meteor itself is glowing a bright golden colour, Jongin having to squint as his eyes landed on the scene. There is a slight tremor that comes from the impact site when suddenly the glowing intensifies. As abruptly as it started, the glowing ceases, leaving Jongin extremely confused. As he is about to close his blinds again, a wave of the same glowing light emits from the meteor, shooting across all of Seoul at a rapid pace. The light rushes towards Jongin and hits him full on, sending him into the wall behind him. The last thing Jongin sees is a small puddle of blood beside his head before he blacks out.

 

6 months later

 

Jongin hears faint murmurings in the distance, his brain unable to comprehend what he is hearing. It feels like he is underwater, all his senses dulled and disoriented. His limbs feel like rocks, heavyweight objects that he cannot seem to lift up. The murmurings get louder until Jongin can distinguish a few words here and there. He hears someone mention his name and he opens his eyes, blurriness obscuring his vision before it eventually clears. He is in an unfamiliar room, everything around him looking all too technologically advance for his humanities-majored brain to handle. There are three other males in the room with him, all peering at him with unreadable expressions. Jongin recognizes one of them, Wu Yifan, the head scientist at EXO Labs.

 

“I’m…” Jongin cannot continue his sentence as his voice fails him, vocal chords unused for an elongated period of time.

 

“Welcome to EXO Labs Kim Jongin,” Yifan says with a smile. “There is a lot that we need to inform you about.”

 

Jongin sits in his bed stunned. What in the world is going on?

 

a/n thank you everyone who susbscribed so far wow it is a pleasant surprise! here is the short prologue for this story, I hope it's intriguing! subscribing, commenting and upvoted will make my heart sing!