Three

Dragon Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stunned to speechlessness, the Prince had not moved from where he was standing, as well as the hand that he has placed on Chanyeol’s shoulder that was supposed to be a sign that he treats their host as an acquaintance, at the very least. Chanyeol, on the other hand has felt his palms tingling again with the sensation that he doesn’t want to feel right now so he slowly took a step back, the Prince’s hand falling a little but still hovering over the air.

“Your highness!” Yixing turned agitated and pressed his palms on the Prince’s face to check if he has acquired some kind of a sickness but he didn’t feel anything except the vigor that was awakened in the Prince’s Dragon.

“I’m fine, Yixing. I just…” Yifan reached out once more to Chanyeol and when he has placed his hand again on the other’s shoulder, there was nothing.

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol asked as he kept himself in check. He can’t just spontaneously combust here in front of other people and not get burned. Even Kyungsoo doesn’t know that he is a freak like that. “Do we need to rush you to the hospital?”

“What is that place, sir Chanyeol?”

“Uhh, Yixing, right?” he asked the caramel-haired dimpled guy who nodded. “Please drop the sir. I feel old,” he groaned. “And a hospital is where we bring people who are sick to get them healed.”

“I believe there is no need for that sir…” Chanyeol glared at Junmyeon who has spoken up. “…I mean… Chanyeol.” Yixing here is a competent Healer from our home.”

“You are?” Kyungsoo immediately went beside Yixing with wide eyes. For somebody who have an interest into being a medical doctor, this is something mighty interesting for Kyungsoo.

“Yes, I am.”

“There is no need for that, Chanyeol,” Yifan reassured their host. “We better take our rests so we could start the quest at the soonest possible time.”

“Yes, your highness,” his companions put his attention to him except for Zitao who was already slightly snoring on the sofa he has laid on. Chanyeol was about to wake him up but Junmyeon smiled at him and shook his head.

“Let him be. Zitao doesn’t prefer sleeping in a room. It makes him agitated.

“Ohh,” Chanyeol nodded. “I’ll lead you to your rooms now,” and he headed to the stairs followed by his visitors. “Yixing, you asked for the biggest room right?”

“Chanyeol, please disregard Yixing’s request,” Yifan answered. “I know that you own the said room and I’m not about to take your comfort. We’re adapted to worse situations and we are even lucky to be sleeping on a bed tonight.”

Chanyeol managed to not drool over how Yifan is carrying himself because he is so… manly. He was staring though, until Kyungsoo has elbowed him on the ribs.

“I understand. Well then, I guess this will be okay?” he opened the door next to his bedroom. This is what he has intended to give to Kyungsoo since this is the second largest bedroom but his bestfriend would have to share a room with him again until Yifan and his group will go on that adventure of theirs.

The room is quite spacious too, with a queen-sized bed, closet, desk and a separate bathroom. Though that connects to his own bathroom, he just have to be cautious to lock the panel that connects the two bathrooms, just in case.

“This is more than enough. Thank you,” Yifan gave him a curt nod.

“Feel at home,” Chanyeol smiled and he hopes that it doesn’t come out as what Kyungsoo has told him as his creepy grin. ”If you need anything, I am just next door.”

“We better let you rest now, your highness,” Yixing bowed and Junmyeon and Jongin followed suit. The Prince gave them an acknowledgement nod and they closed the door behind them.

“Chanyeol?” Junmyeon called.

“Yeah?”

“You mentioned that there is another room downstairs. Can I occupy the room? I need to be with Zitao in case that he wakes up disoriented.”

“Sure. Soo, can you?” Chanyeol looked at his bestfriend who nodded and he and Junmyeon went back downstairs. The three who were left went to the other room beside Chanyeol’s and assigned Jongin into it. The General has set down his sword and when Chanyeol and Yixing were about to leave he looked back at them with a curious expression.

“Where will Kyungsoo be staying?”

Chanyeol wanted to giggle but that might offend the General and that sword that he has looks authentic so he kept his composure and controlled his face. “He will be staying in my room. We’ve always had.”

But then again, he should’ve thought of his answer because Jongin gave him a glare, he flinched.

“You are going to share one bed?”

“Uhm…”

“Jongin,” Yixing chided the younger General. “Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are friends since their childhood and treats each other as brothers. You share your bed to your brother, right?”

“I don’t have one,” Jongin retaliated with a pout. It looks weird but endearing at the same time.

Yixing sighed. “You understood me anyway. Get some rest, General,” the healer held on to their host’s elbow and led him out of the room. “I apologize for Jongin’s behavior but it seems to be that he has taken a liking to your friend.”

“Is he always like that?”

“I can’t be certain because to be honest, this is the first time that I saw our Jongin acting like that,” Yixing was smiling softly and just then, Kyungsoo has come back up again.

“I’ve also taught Junmyeon on how to use the shower. He shouldn’t have any problem with that,” Kyungsoo smiled smugly.

Chanyeol hit his forehead with his palm. “I forgot to tell that to Yifan and Jongin.”

“I’m sorry but I don’t think I understand. How could you use a shower? Isn’t that synonymous to rain here?” Yixing tilted his head in confusion.

Chanyeol smiled to himself. “I’ll just have to show you and maybe you could just relay that to uhmm, your Prince,” he then turned to his bestfriend. “You think you could help Jongin?”

Kyungsoo shrugged. “Okay. Where is he?”

His bestfriend pointed to the door behind them and when Kyungsoo knocked, Chanyeol and Yixing moved on to the last room, the taller snickering. He led Yixing inside and waited for the other to place his things down.

“Can I ask the reason why you are laughing, Chanyeol?” Yixing mused as he noticed their host being a little too much happy with himself.

“I think I just did Jongin a favor,” he snickered once more as he opened the door to the bathroom in Yixing’s room. “So here is the shower that we were talking about.”

 

Chanyeol was awakened by his blaring alarm clock. It was louder than usual because he swears that the thing is s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter