79.

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

 

“And then… bainlings.” Junmyeon rolled his eyes, picking up his coffee to take a sip. “What’s that look?” Kyuhyun pouted.

“It’s the look of ‘no wonder no one wants to play against you, because of you and your obsession with bainlings. Everyone knows that it’s a Zerg cheat, and that’s why people hate Zerg players.” Kyuhyun stuck his tongue out at the blond.

“Like you’re one to talk about what the players hate, you haven’t played since you and Jongdae got together.”

“Yes I have, things this last year have just been…” He trailed off when the door to the café opened, revealing a familiar blond who looked around, smiling when he found Junmyeon and Kyuhyun as he made his way over to the table. “Yixing?” Junmyeon greeted, though his tone showed his confusion. “What are you doing here?” A dimple poked into the blond’s cheek before he pulled out a small envelope, offering it to the other.

“I came to bring you this,” he replied, Kyuhyun watching as Junmyeon took and looked over the envelope. It only had his name on it, distinctly in Jongdae’s hand writing.

“Couldn’t this have waited until I got home?” Junmyeon asked, Yixing’s smile growing as he shook his head, causing Junmyeon to let out a small sigh, opening the envelope and pulling out the card.

[Remember when Yixing-Hyung decided that I was going to be in your life weather you wanted me to be or not? That pout that he gave you that made you cave in was too cute on our first not-date]

Junmyeon arched an eyebrow at the message, looking up at Yixing.

“This is random, even for Jongdae. Why did he have you give this to me?” he asked, Kyuhyun leaning over to read over the message.

“It’s a scavenger hunt. You have to go to the place that the note makes you think of~” Yixing chimed, Kyuhyun laughing beside the other.

“He really is a strange one, isn’t he?” Kyuhyun asked, Yixing’s smile drooping a little.

“He’s being romantic,” The blond argued, Kyuhyun giving an apology though his laughing along with a small eye roll that had even Junmyeon frowning at him.

“Okay, fine, he’s being romantic and sweet and you love him. Can we go play games at my place now?” Kyuhyun whined, Junmyeon shaking his head at the other as he looked back to the note. Their first not-date? That was…

“Coldstone.” Kyuhyun gave the other a confused look.

“Alright, we can go get ice cream before heading back to my place,” he replied unsurely, Junmyeon shaking his head.

“No, that’s where the note wants me to go. Jokes were made about Jongdae and I seeming like a couple with how much he was draping himself over me that day, but I was adamant when I said that we weren’t dating,” Junmyeon said, standing and taking his tray over to one of the trash bins, Kyuhyun hurrying after him to do the same.

“So you’re ditching me?”

“Don’t act like you haven’t done the same thing before,” Junmyeon cut in, Kyuhyun’s mouth slowly closing. “You can tag along if you want, I’m sure Yixing was going to…” Junmyeon trailed off, looking around the café for the missing blond. “Or not,” he added, before his attention drifted back to the note. A scavenger hunt? To find what? Wasn’t that part of the whole game, knowing what you were going to get in the end? He pulled his jacket off the back of his chair, slipping it on as Kyuhyun did the same with his own, making their way out of the café a few moments later.

The Coldstone wasn’t a far walk, though Junmyeon was even more confused when he entered and found no one he recognized inside; then again, getting Sehun involved would have been insensitive. He started making his way further inside, scanning over the table to see if any of them had any notes on them, freezing when a voice called out.

“Are you Junmyeon-ssi?” The blond slowly turned around to face the woman behind the counter, trying to smile in a manner that wouldn’t give away his confusion.

“Yes, do we… know each other?” Perhaps a classmate? She giggled, shaking her head, disappearing though the back door for a moment before returning and offering him an envelope that matched the first he had received.

“A cute brunet came in here earlier and asked me to give this to a blond who he was sure would look confused when he came in,” she explained, Junmyeon mentally cursing the younger before he took the envelope, opening it.

[You almost let me drown, but you kissing me first made up for it]

Drown? Junmyeon wondered. 

“Okay, now would probably be a good time to mention the fact that I don’t actually know how to swim.”

“The pool,” Junmyeon breathed, Kyuhyun snorting when he read over the message.

“Did he think you giving him CPR was you kissing him?” He joked, Junmyeon’s cheeks tinting a little.

“No, I actually kissed him,” he stated, thanking the worker and turning to hurry out of the parlor, hailing a cab. “It was for our first actual date, he took me swimming, even though he didn’t know how to swim. It was sweet of him, and I may or may not have started to develop feelings for him by then, so I… Kissed him to say thanks,” Junmyeon explained shyly as the cab took off towards their next destination. Just like at the Coldstone, when they entered they were greeted with an envelope.

[We sure moved quickly after that. It wasn’t long before we had for the first time. Remember where that was, Junnie~?]

“So, time to head back to your apartment?” Kyuhyun asked, Junmyeon turning the note away from him even though he had already seen the message. He swallowed hard, giving a small shake of his head, to which Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow. “His apartment, then?” Junmyeon shook his head again, turning and taking long strides back to the cab. His blush darkened when Kyuhyun looked to him as the college came into view, taking a deep breath. “Wait, he was a first year when you two got together, right?” Junmyeon nodded, stomach balling up when Kyuhyun relaxed at that.

“I feel bad for the strangers in the dorm we’re gonna knock at.” Junmyeon gave him an embarrassed glance, trying to hold his head high as they got out of the cab. He staggered a little when he noticed Kyuhyun start in the direction of the dorm while he continued onto the campus and into the main building. “Junmyeon, where are you going?” Kyuhyun called, Junmyeon refusing to answer as he made his way down the empty hall. He finally stopped outside of one of the classrooms, that was more often used as a study hall and even then it wasn’t used very often.

Junmyeon’s eyes shut when he backed up into the desk, Jongdae’s tight grip on his hips keeping him from falling over. With the desk offering a new source of stability, one of Jongdae’s hands slid up Junmyeon’s shirt, making the older shiver and break the kiss with a gasp.

“T-the apartment com… complex isn’t far. Wh-why are we in a classroom, someone could walk in,” Junmyeon asked, Jongdae nudging his head to the side to have access to his neck, wasting no time to pepper hickies along it.

“Not if you’re quiet, Junnie~” he cooed.

“For the love of-nn…” Junmyeon started to relax at the feeling of the other’s tongue soothing over one of the faintly purple marks when he heard muffled laughter. “We’re going to get caught.”

“Relax, Junnie.”

“Would you stop calling me that?”

“I could call you teacher instead,” Jongdae grinned, Junmyeon frowning as his cheeks burned. “Would you like that, professor Kim?” he continued.

“No, I wouldn’t.”

“Ah, so you wanna be the student?” Jongdae mused, Junmyeon opening his mouth to argue when Jongdae grabbed his hip, pressing his thumb into the soft spot just below his hipbone, and Junmyeon bit his lip to keep quiet. “I can be a very good teacher, but only if you’re actually okay with this,” he said, easing the pressure he used so that the blond could find his voice, staring into Junmyeon’s hazed eyes. “Tell me no, and I’ll stop.” Junmyeon stared back, long enough that Jongdae moved his hands from his hips to his shoulders. “Junmyeon?” he prompted, the blond’s blush creeping further across his cheeks.

“That.”

“… What?”

“That… I don’t want you to call me professor Kim, or your student, or Junnie... I want you to call me by my name.” Jongdae’s playful grin returned, and his hands slid back down to hold onto his hips.

“How about you make me moan it?”


Junmyeon snapped out of the memory when Kyuhyun coughed, and he looked over at his friend, a dark blush spread over his cheeks.

“You’re not serious, are you?” he asked, Junmyeon looking to the door handle, stiffly turning it and making his way into the classroom. Sitting on the teacher’s desk at the front of the classroom was another envelops. “Oh my god you are serious!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, Junmyeon trying to shush him, collecting the letter.

[So many desks, so little time. Speaking of desks, remember Yixing-Hyung’s?]

“That’s it, I’m done, I want no more part in your exhibitionist scavenger hunt,” Kyuhyun said louder than necessary, exiting the classroom much to Junmyeon’s relief. He was able to go back to head back to his apartment, standing in the doorway of the room he used to share with Yixing, attention falling on the desk that the other hadn’t taken when he had moved in with Yifan. Under one of the legs yet another envelope, Junmyeon pulling the card out.

[We never did get this fixed after we broke it. Remind me to get a new one so you can take me on it.]

This one was a little different, a quiver to the letters, as if Jongdae’s hand had been shaking when he had written it. Under the broken leg of the desk was what looked like an address book, and Junmyeon nudged it out carefully so the desk wouldn’t fall over, flipping it open. There was only one address inside, and Junmyeon stood, making his way back out of the apartment. He had paid the cab driver and sent him away earlier, having expected the hunt to end at the apartment, so he wasn’t expecting the car that was parked outside of the complex.


“Mr. Kim?” asked the man who was leaning back against the passenger door, dressed in a three piece suit, and Junmyeon offered a single, cautious nod. “I’ve been instructed to drive you wherever you would like to go,” he continued, and Junmyeon looked down at the address book, opening it and offering it to him. The driver scanned over the address, giving a curt nod as he held open the back seat’s door for Junmyeon. Who had sent him? Surely this was a little extravagant for Jongdae, leading Junmyeon to wonder who was helping him with all of this; Yixing wouldn’t have thought of a driver, knowing Junmyeon had a car of his own. Junmyeon looked around the back seat once he had fastened his seatbelt to see if he could uncover any clues, only for none to be found. Eventually he gave up with a sigh, slumping back in the plush seat, watching the tinted scenery pass by the window.

Junmyeon was pulled out of his thoughts when the door was opened and he looked around, realizing the car was stopped. Blinking a few times to get his eyes to adjust to the light, he slid out and looked around. The house they were parked outside of looked like it had two stories, and was decently secluded with only a single other building barely within eyesight.

“Are you… sure this is the right place?” he asked the driver, who curtly nodded, and Junmyeon looked back to the house, tentatively making his way up the wooden steps onto the porch that seemed to wrap around the entirety of the house. He stared at the door handle, wondering if he had the right to just walk in or if he should knock… then again, he had been lead there, and from the chauffer that had been waiting outside of the apartment complex he had to be expected. He eventually opted for opening the door, feeling a little better about the action when he found the door unlocked, looking around the entryway before carefully stepping inside, sliding out of his shoes once he had shut the door behind himself.

To his left he could see one open door on his left, showing a room with a decent sized t.v and a sectional couch that ran along almost half of the perimeter of the room. As he walked through the entry hall there was a short hallway next to the room, and a large living room that flowed into the dining room beside a kitchen. He padded into the kitchen when he noticed a note taped to one of the cupboards, taking it down to read.

[Uniforms must be work at all times in the kitchen]

Junmyeon cocked an eyebrow. Uniforms? What in the world was he talking about…? Junmyeon regretted the question when he let his eye wander, landing on a skimpy excuse for a cooking apron hanging off the door handle of what Junmyeon assumed was a pantry. When he took a closer look at it, he was quick to realize that it was obviously two sizes too small and that he knew would cover very little, causing him to roll his eyes, muttering Jongdae’s name under his breath. As if on que the blond heard a small noise behind himself, turning just in time to catch the glass jar that was trying to slide off of the counter. He paused as he let himself calm down, taking a deep breath when he realized that the glass jar was open, and now he had flour covering the front of his shirt.

“Great,” he grumbled, looking around for a kitchen towel, only to find none. He shook his head, continuing his way through the house. None of the closets had any clothing, so when he stumbled upon a hallway that lead to a washer and dryer he felt a little better, eyes catching on a note that was sitting on top of the dryer.

[Laundry room: Drop your pants here.]

Junmyeon rolled his eyes, looking down at his shirt as he tried to dust off more of the white powder before he turned away from the laundry room, noticing a set of stairs he hadn’t noticed before. Looking around to still no one in sight he decided to climb the stairs, finding a door that lead out to the wrap around balcony to his right once he was on the second floor.

“Jongdae?” he called, frowning a little when he didn’t hear anything in response, pulling his gaze away from the balcony door, eyes catching on an open door that he made his way over to peak into. The equipment made him think of something he had seen in one of the music production videos he had found Jongdae watching, and the door next to it made Junmyeon’s jaw hang open a little. He padded into the room, running his hand gently over the sleek black finish of the wrap around desk that took up most of the room. Jongdae knew the exact desk he wanted? There was no way that this was a coincidence.

Junmyeon jumped a little when he heard a door open, looking out of the doorway of the room he was in. He called the brunet’s name again, exiting the room and making his way down the hall to a door that was only halfway open, peaking through the crack before he pushed it open the rest of the way. He found the other in the doorway of the room’s balcony door.

"Hey." Junmyeon stated at the other for a moment.

" 'Hey'? Is that all you have to say?"

"I could ask if you had fun with my little scavenger hunt."

"Well, Kyuhyun probably won't talk to me for a week and thinks I've got a huge teacher-student kink thanks to it," Junmyeon dead-panned, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"Makes sense, seeing how you'll start your teaching job at the start of the new school year," Jongdae pointed out, Junmyeon rolling his eyes.

"What even is this place? Why are we in some random house?" he asked, Jongdae bursting out in laughter.

"You still haven't figured it out? I would have thought the sign out front would have made it sink in." when Junmyeon didn't respond, Jongdae shook his head, lips curling into a smile. "This place is ours."

"... What?"

"This house. It's ours now."

"You're joking." 

"Not something I would joke about," Jongdae hummed, Junmyeon looking around the room. Now that he paid attention, the bed was obviously the one from Jongdae's apartment; the small tan colored dresser in the corner as well.

"The desk in the other room..."

"I saw how many times you clicked on the link for it when you were looking up supplies for your classroom. But with how long it was it seemed like I could have more fun with you on it than you could grading papers."

"How did you even manage to afford this place?" Junmyeon demanded, Jongdae offering a shrug.

"I have my ways. Speaking of having my way, why are you still wearing pants? Clearly you've been through both the kitchen and the laundry room so why aren't you in your uniform which clearly explains to not wear pants?" Junmyeon shook his head, rubbing his face with his hand, lowering it when Jongdae spoke again. "Hey Junnie, I've got another question."

"What is it?"

“Will you marry me?” Jongdae asked, the corners of his lips tugged up in his playful cat-like smile. Junmyeon took in a deep breath, letting it out as a sigh.

“Probably.” Jongdae’s smile turned into a grin and he stepped in from the balcony, his back landing on the mattress as he messed with his mobile, holding the device to his ear a moment later despite Junmyeon’s confused expression.

“Hey, Baekhyun, guess what. Junnie and I are married now~” he chimed, yanking his mobile from his own ear as the male on the other end started yelling almost loud enough for Junmyeon to make out each word uttered; Junmyeon then grabbed one of the pillows, using it to assault the brunet’s .

“Not until you properly propose to me! Stop freaking out your platonic soulmate!"