49.

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

((Hello hello~ How has everyone been? I hope well :3 This is going up a little early because Angel and my apartment doesn't have internet yet, and since I'll be there during my free time tomorrow I wanted to make sure this got posted ^^ ))


Chapter Forty-Nine

Yixing’s breathing came out in soft pants as he was caught between squirming out of the older’s hold and pressing back against him, whimper like squeaks escaping his lips as Yifan’s fingers danced across his skin. When he felt the other’s hand move a little lower his breath hitched, one of Yifan’s legs slipping over his hip to keep him in place before his fingers pressed harder against Yixing’s skin and the blond burst out into a fit of giggles.
 
“G-Ge, stop it~” he squeaked, trying to push the other’s hands away.
 
“Admit it,” Yifan replied, Yixing barely able to catch enough of a breath to reply as the older continued to tickle him.
 
“O-okay, I admit it! You’re cooler than Jay-Z!” Yixing managed to get out, and Yifan’s leg slid off of him, his hand slowing to a stop.
 
“Was that so hard?” Yifan asked, shifting to pull Yixing against his chest, lifting his head enough to kiss the side of the younger’s head, and Yixing rolled over onto his other side so he was facing Yifan as he caught his breath. Yifan reached out, brushing back a few strands of Yixing’s hair from his face, leaning forward to place a kiss on his forehead. “What should we do today? There’s a little strip mall in the town we’re near if you want to check that out,” Yifan offered and Yixing nodded, sitting up and taking Yifan’s offered hand, heading to the car.
 
Most of the shops they went to consisted of handmade knickknacks, and with how interested Yixing was in them Yifan was a little surprised when the blond wanted to go into the bookstore hidden off in one of the corners of the strip mall. Yifan was looking over one of the shelves, picking out one that had several cats on the cover and turned to ask Yixing if Meng was one of the breeds shown when he realized that the younger was no longer standing beside him. He shook his head, a smile crossing his lips as he wandered around the small store, quickly locating Yixing, who was flipping through some book he had found. When Yifan stopped behind him the younger didn’t look up and Yifan peeked over his shoulder at the book, heart jumping into his throat and he turned away, trying to cough his blush away.
 
“Yixing, why are you looking at that?” Yifan asked, the younger finally looking back at him.
 
“Because it seems interesting. I didn’t realize there were so many different positions,” Yixing replied, flipping the page before turning to face Yifan, holding up the book to him. “Look, this one doesn’t look like we would need to get too many things for it!” He chimed, Yifan pushing the book down, before he turned and quickly made his way out of the store.
 
Yifan wasn’t sure if he was thankful or suspicious when Yixing didn’t seem to be up to anything the rest of the day, but when they made and enjoyed dinner without another mention of anything related to , he finally relaxed. After cleaning up the dishes from dinner the pair settled on the couch, Yifan draping an arm over Yixing’s shoulders as the younger moved so his legs were over Yifan’s lap as he was cuddled into the older’s side, one hand coming up to aimlessly trace patterns over Yifan’s heart as he almost always did.
 
“I think I’m going to get ready for bed,” Yixing said, stifling a yawn with the back of his hand as he stood from the couch after a couple hours of watching whatever seemed interesting, looking down at Yifan when the older squeezed the hand he was still holding.
 
“I’ll be in in a little bit, try not to fall asleep without me,” he said and Yixing nodded, letting his hand slowly slip from Yifan’s as he padded from the living room and down the hall to the bedroom.
 
Yifan turned off the television once the episode of the show they had been watching was over and he stretched, running a hand through his hair as he made his way after Yixing, opening the door to the bedroom. When he saw the younger on the bed he froze, feeling the color drain from his face before it came back full force and he struggled to swallow as Yixing looked back at him over his bare shoulder. Yifan stared at him for a long moment, and when Yixing started to roll from on laying on his stomach to his back to reveal what being on his stomach hid Yifan took three long strides to the bed, flipping the comforter off his side of the bed so that it covered the blond’s frame by the time he had tried to roll over.
 
Yifan turned away from the younger’s pout, running a hand through his hair again as he told himself to calm down and took a slow breath, laying down after. He felt Yixing starting to move and Yifan looked over to see him struggling to push the blanket mess off and Yifan rolled over onto his side, draping an arm and leg over the younger’s blanket covered body.
 
“But Yifan-Ge, don’t you want some of the blanket?”
 
“Nope, goodnight.”

 

Maybe this was all a game, or a joke that Jongdae had put Yixing up to. Like some kind of test that he and Junmyeon had decided to put the eldest through to test if he really loved Yixing enough to not cross the lines he had known about a while before they had gotten together. Yifan wasn’t sure what else it could be; or why he kept trusting the innocent bat of Yixing’s eyelashes whenever he would suggest something. But he did, and every time it plucked at his sanity and lead to a couple of cold showers that Yixing would then try to join him for.

When Yifan got out of one he sighed, taking the bathroom door handle and trying to prepare himself for some new antic that he was sure Yixing was up to, surprised when he found the younger sitting on the bed, playing with his mobile. Yifan padded up to the bed, peeking over Yixing’s shoulder, surprised to see Junmyeon’s face on the screen, Mung sitting in his lap. Yixing waved at the screen and Yifan cracked a smile when Junmyeon lifted one of Meng’s paws and the cat mewed, Yixing cooing excitedly.

“I know you miss me, Meng, but I’ll be back in a few days, and I have so many stories to tell you about,” Yixing said, Meng mewing again before Yixing looked up to see Yifan behind him. “Yifan-Ge, say hi to Meng!” he said excitedly, holding his mobile closer to Yifan who chuckled, waving at the two on the screen.

“H-hello, Meng and Junmyeon,” he said, watching the cat climb off of the blond’s lap and closer to the camera, and he heard Jongdae’s laugh which answered his curiosity of who was holding the mobile since it was moving too much to have been in a stand.

“Yixing says that you’ve been spoiling him with fancy dinners and a private beach house,” Junmyeon said and Yifan rubbed the back of his neck.

“I wouldn’t call it spoiling; we’ve only gone out to eat a couple of times, we mostly make something here,” he said, looking back to the screen when he heard Jongdae laugh again to see nothing but Meng’s nose filling up the screen.

“I think Meng likes Yifan-Hyung,” Jongdae said, Yixing looking back at the screen as he lowered the device back to his lap and Yifan sat beside him.

“Since Ge’s finally out of the shower, I’ll let you go. I’m hungry,” Yixing said and Junmyeon pulled Meng back from the screen before he nodded.

“Call any time, and have a nice day; let us know when you know what time you’ll be back,” Junmyeon said and Yixing waved before the call ended. Yixing set his mobile down on the nightstand, smiling up at the older.

“What sounds good for lunch?” Yifan asked, standing from the bed and making his way to the dresser because the last thing that sounded like a good idea was walking around the house in just a towel; even without the way Yixing had been acting.

“Hmmm… Pancakes!” Yixing decided and Yifan chuckled, shaking his head.

“You want breakfast for lunch?”

“Pancakes are great for any meal,” Yixing countered and Yifan smiled at the younger in a way that made his heart feel warm. Yifan only got his boxers and a pair of sleep pants on before Yixing was taking a hold of his arm and pulling him from the bedroom and to the kitchen.


Yifan woke the next morning, looking over at Yixing who was still fast asleep. A warmth spread through his chest at the evenness of the blond’s breathing and he carefully pulled away from his hold, digging in the pocket of his pants from the day before to pull out his mobile. He turned back around to see Yixing had pulled the blankets closer to himself in an attempt to seek warmth, nesting a little in the process and Yifan unlocked his mobile, selecting the camera app and taking a picture and leaning forward to place a kiss on the other’s forehead. He got up from the bed after, setting his mobile on the nightstand as he grabbed clothes for the day and dropped them off in the bathroom, before he went into the kitchen to get a pot of coffee going while he was in the shower.
 
He stepped out and dried himself off, pulling his boxers and pants on before draping the towel around his shoulders and exiting the bathroom, glancing at the pile of blankets, debating if he should wake up Yixing or not. The image he had taken of the blond flashed through his mind and he decided against waking the other; he had looked so peaceful and Yifan didn’t want to wake him up if he was having a nice dream. I’ll make breakfast for him and surprise him with breakfast in bed, he thought, heading back into the kitchen. He poured himself a cup of coffee, taking a sip and turning toward the fridge when he heard something coming from the living room and he looked in the direction before stepping out of the kitchen and peeked around the corner; he almost dropped his coffee cup.
 
Yixing was laying on his back on the couch, dressed in only one of Yifan’s shirts that was too big for the younger, one hand around his while the other was between his legs as he had one finger inside himself. Yifan stared at him in shock, and Yixing eventually opened his eyes, looking over at the older, letting out the same noise Yifan had heard from the kitchen. When Yifan was able to feel his legs again, he turned his back to the other, muttering something about not having had enough coffee to handle this, and he started to head back to the kitchen, freezing when Yixing called out to him. He dared a look back, thankful that Yixing was sitting up and the shirt covered his crotch and the blond didn’t seem to be playing with himself anymore.
 
“Why won’t you take me seriously?” Yixing demanded, causing Yifan to look back to the kitchen. “Anytime I bring this up you just shake your head as if I’m playing a joke on you.” Yifan shook his head, turning to face the other again.
 
“Because you’re-”
 
“That doesn’t mean I’m against having with you,” Yixing frowned, and Yifan took a couple of steps towards him.
 
“Yixing, I don’t want you to feel like you have to do this.”
 
“I don’t have to do anything. I want to do this. Just because I don’t get urges like you do doesn’t mean I won’t enjoy being close to you in a new way that makes you feel good. And who knows, maybe we’ll find out I’m grayual or something, we have to explore,” Yixing said, a blank look crossing Yifan’s face.
 
“Is grayual something I should research like aual?” Yixing stared at the older for a moment.
 
“You researched auality?”
 
“Junmyeon kept screaming it at me, and I had no idea what it was. I wanted to understand everything I could about you, so with a few trials and errors I found a site that explained it as wanting nothing to do with ever. So I perused this relationship with that in mind, but I knew that I wanted to be with you, and it didn’t matter to me that we would never have because that didn’t matter to me. It’s a deal breaker for some, but not for me; if it was then I wouldn’t have gotten involved with you because the last thing I’ve ever wanted was to hurt you or make you feel pressured to do anything you didn’t want to do.”
 
“If I felt pressured to do it, do you think I would have kept trying?” Yifan stared at him for a long moment, before he turned and headed back over to the kitchen counter, setting his coffee mug down on the counter as Yixing looked down at his lap, his shoulders drooping.
 
“Come on.” Yixing looked at him for a moment before his eyebrows knitted together.
 
“What?”
 
“If we’re going to do this, I would rather it be in the comfort of an actual bed,” Yifan explained and Yixing’s eyes widened.
 
Yifan shook his head, a smile crossing his lips before he picked the younger up, and Yixing laughed as he was once again tossed over the older’s shoulder and carried to the bedroom.