Good Morning

Blind Date and Blind Fate

 

Kyungsoo groaned as he woke up slowly, his neck was sore and his body felt heavy. He was completely unaware of everything except his own consciousness so he slowly started to right himself up. Using his hands to push him self up into a proper sitting position rather than the tilted one he was in, he felt a warm body give to his push. Upon hearing a pained “oof” his eyes shot open as his memory flooded with yesterday’s events.

“Oh my god I’m so sorry. Did you sit here all night? You should’ve woken me up! You should have gone home! Oh my god. I am so very sorry.” Kyungsoo felt his adrenaline pumping and he started to keep a distance from the obviously still adjusting Kai.

“What?” Kai rubbed his eyes groggily, and it was one of the cutest things Kyungsoo had ever seen. “Oh right,” he remembered, “don’t worry about it, Soo. You were too peaceful and adorable to wake up.” He smiled.

“S-Soo?” Kyungsoo asked, his face reddening at the nickname. Kai rubbed the back of his head awkwardly.

“Sorry, I heard Baekhyun call you that yesterday and I liked the sound of the nickname. I’ll just call you Kyungsoo though.”

“No no, it’s fine, it just surprised me is all.” Kyungsoo laughed awkwardly. He wanted to curl up into a ball and die, this whole situation was so uncomfortable. It’s not like Kyungsoo had ever woken up with some person he barely knew before, this experience was completely new.

“Would you like breakfast? I’m not the best cook but I could make some scrambled eggs and toast if you’d like.” Kyungsoo offered shyly, standing up and walking over towards the kitchen that looked out over where they had uncomfortably slept that night. Kai got up and followed him without thinking, Kyungsoo could see that sleep hung on him heavily and smiled.

“Anyone home?” Kyungsoo laughed, giving Kai a loving look. Blinking quickly, Kai tried to straighten his back from his slumped over position and looked at Kyungsoo attentively.

“Yes, Yes. Breakfast sounds good.” Kai’s voice was deeper than Kyungsoo remembered, probably because it was morning. It was also raspier, also probably because of the time of day. While he always considered himself a night owl, Kyungsoo was starting to see the positives of the morning time.

The cooking process went rather smoothly, and soon 4 meals worth of eggs and toast were ready to be eaten. Kai had been a great helper in the kitchen, and a silent one too. Kyungsoo realized that he had been doing most of his jobs unconsciously, and was probably still deep in his dreams. It wasn’t until the plates were all on the table that Kai noticed the amount.

“Four plates?” He questioned.

“Baekhyun and Chanyeol are going to be eating too. They’re probably in Baekhyun’s room, I’ll go get them. You never know what you might see in there and I’ve probably seen it all so it’s best I go.” Kyungsoo laughed. Kai made a over exaggerated grossed out face just to make Kyungsoo laugh before watching the shorter man walk away to get the lovers.

“BAEKHYUN! CHANYEOL! WAKE UP BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE THROAT!” Kyungsoo yelled, having slammed their door wide open. Kai jumped at the change in pace, and then laughed at his own surprise.

“NO!” An obviously cranky Baekhyun’s voice called back.

“I made pancakes, and Kai is still here, come be a good friend for once oh my god.” Kyungsoo groaned, stepping into the room. Kai watched all of this with fascination. It was obvious this kind of thing happened often, and he felt a little left out watching all the ritual happen without any involvement on his part.

THUD

“WHAT THE HELL?!”

Kai’s eyes went wide, suddenly very concerned. The voice was not recognizable to him, so he wasn’t sure if it had been any of the three boys. He thought maybe he should go check, but he also knew he wasn’t really needed so he stayed put.

“Put some pants on Baek, and for god’s sake Chanyeol please wear underwear when you sleep.” Kyungsoo huffed, walking out of the room. He froze when he saw a concerned looking Kai at the table. His heart sank and he could have sworn he had just ruined this possible relationship. Correction: Baekhyun and Chanyeol had just ruined his and Kai’s possible relationship. Kyungsoo laughed nervously, unsure of exactly what to say to make this situation any better.

“Well that’s an eventful way to start the morning. I’m definitely not tired after that.” Kai admitted, smiling to let Kyungsoo know he wasn’t scared off by the weird friends.

“Waking up Baekhyun is always a treat.” Kyungsoo said with gallons of sarcasm.

“I can hear you, you jerk. You didn’t have to pull me off the bed I was going to get up.” Baekhyun pouted, walking into the room wearing long basketball shorts and a shirt that was obviously Chanyeol’s. Kyungsoo waved him off.

“I can’t wait for you to meet my friends, Soo. I think they’ll love you.” Kai said, opening up his phone to check his messages. Baekhyun gave Kyungsoo a questioning look.

“He calls you Soo?”

“Yes. He does. Now please eat your eggs and don’t make a fuss.”

“You’re not my mom” Baekhyun huffed but followed the orders anyway. Chanyeol slinked his way in sleepily, slipping into the chair next to Baekhyun. While Kai was like a sleepwalker when first waking up, Chanyeol was more like walking death.

“Oh hey, my roommate needs me to grab some groceries before I head back to the apartment so I should probably get going.” Kai says, shoving down his whole plate of eggs and toast. Kyungsoo felt his stomach flip when he said he had to leave. This emotional response reminded Kyungsoo of his thoughts earlier, his worries about Kai and exactly what he was, and what he was doing. Kyungsoo clutched his fork tightly, trying not to overthink the worries in his head.

“Earth to Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun whispered, waving his hand in front of Kyungsoo’s face. Looking around, Kyungsoo realized Kai had already gotten up to leave and he hadn’t noticed. He jumped up and headed towards the door quickly, running directly into the chest of Kai.

“Ouch.” Kyungsoo said blandly, rubbing his nose. His cheeks flared red.

“I’m so sorry.” He had planned to say bye and maybe some cute on Kai’s way out, and now he’d ruined the whole thing.

“Don’t be sorry! It was adorable.” Kai said, and then leaned down to kiss Kyungsoo’s cheek lightly. Kyungsoo’s cheeks went even redder, and Kai took an awkward step back.

“Um, check your messages later because I’m going to make plans with you, er if you want to make plans that is, but they’d be for tomorrow, if you aren’t busy-“

“That sounds great, I’d love to.” Kyungsoo interrupted quickly. They both felt awkward, and then made eye contact. The moment their eyes met they laughed loudly.

“I’ll see you soon, babe.” Kai winked on his way out the door, back to his usual smooth self. Kyungsoo looked at the closed door for a bit, unsure of how to take what had just happened.

“Chanyeol, I’m going to throw up that was awful.” Baekhyun made several gagging sounds, and Chanyeol gave his hearty deep-voiced laugh.

“Shut up, it’s not like I like seeing you guys together all the time or hearing you have through our very thin walls.” Kyungsoo quipped, back to his regular self.  Chanyeol paled at this comment, and Baekhyun laughed nervously.

“I-Well you never said you could hear that.” Baekhyun commented nervously, eyes shifting suspiciously.

“Now I have dirt on you guys.” Kyungsoo gave his best maniacal laugh as he went into his bedroom. “Oh, and I know for a fact that the voice I hear going ‘more more, ugh, faster yes’ is way too deep to be Baekhyun.” He winked before closing the door. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Notes:

I am so sorry this took me 40 million years to update, I should another update much faster than this one came out, and watch out bc the ending is soon~! But I have a new story in the works so be on the lookout ^^ (I hope you like wolf!au)