Red Dragon

The Lotus and the Red Dragon

(Just a little background before I start: this is a new story that is still being developed, but it’s set in Feudal Japan with two rival mob/mafia type gangs: the Lotus and the Red Dragon’s. The two heads are very different from one another and have a long family grudge against each other. Besides that I’m still working on other important factors. Anyways I hope you enjoy this very rough, rough draft of one of the chapters ^.^;; )

 

    I watched him moving with a smooth, practiced grace in the silver moonlit dojo. It was a cold night, but his thin frame was bare from the waist up. Despite his lean stature, his body was sculpted with firm muscle that rippled beneath his skin as he moved. His dance in the moonlight (and my foolish ogling) was broken as he made a slow, ing move that had him grunting and dropping his katana to the ground. The hand that had been holding the silver weapon now pressed firmly to his side. A single crimson drop glistened in the moonlight before disappearing into the dark bamboo mats.

    “Master!”

    The voice so close to where I had been hiding startled me. One of the Lotus’ men was approaching the dojo quickly. For being such a large man, he’d managed to sneak up on me rather quickly so I could only slink further back into the shadows and pray the larger man’s eyesight wasn’t that good.

    Straightening gracefully, the delicate man took a slow step forward into a patch of bright moonlight. The sight was breathtaking and I found myself studying the luminescent features of the Lotus Flower himself. His pale skin was smooth and glistening like a thousand diamonds with sweat. He had a face like a doll with full lips and feminine features that would have looked wrong on another man. The long hair that was pulled up into a half ponytail and draped gracefully to his shoulders was a deep ebony that was a striking contrast to his pale complexion. What looked to be rigid muscle in shadows, was now revealed to be smooth slabs of marble: firm, strong, and toned.

    “Did I not ask to be left alone?” he questioned in a soft tone that held both power and gentleness at the same time.

    The underling stopped, offering a slight bow. “I’m sorry master, but young master Mika is here to see you.”

    “At this late hour? I see he hasn’t learned any manners still.” He sighed softly and gingerly picked up the fallen sword. “Very well. I will meet him in the tearoom, but first bring Changmin to my bed chambers.”

    The underling bowed before heading off.

    I watched as my rival stared out of the door after his lackey, his silhouette bathed in silver moonlight.

    “That one is blind to his surroundings, but I assure you the rest of my men are not so lacking. I suggest you leave before I have no choice but to have you killed.”

    Alarm hit me like a boulder as his soft voice broke the song of night and began to address someone. Surely it wasn’t me.

    After a long silence, he turned just enough to look in my direction from the side. “Should I call my men? Or would you rather I strike you down myself?”

    “You knew?” I asked in a soft voice, rising from the shadows slowly.

    “You think I’m that blind to my surroundings?” he questioned in his soft, melodic voice. He turned his dark gaze upon me with a calm expression. “I suggest you don’t underestimate me.”

    “Much like you’ve underestimated me and my men?” I questioned firmly.

    “You mistake us underestimating you for testing you. It is common practice to test one’s enemy to better know one’s enemy. Judging by your poor attempt at spying on me, you are either unfamiliar with this concept or completely inept at it.”

    I grit my teeth, my fist tightening in anger. “Big words for a wounded rival.” I cut back.

    The smile he gave, bemused and sarcastic as it was, was breathtaking. His cold, doll-like features were suddenly warmed with light from such a simple movement of muscles.

    “Don’t let appearances deceive you. I assure you even wounded, the Lotus won’t be cut down so easily.”

    His attention was momentarily pulled away as one of his men began to approach again.

    “I suggest you leave while you can. My men are not so keen on discussion before action.” he warned, shooting me a look of calm, collected control. “Until we meet again Yunho of the Red Dragon.”

    This delicate leader who was known to rarely appear in battle knew who I was despite the dark outfit and mask I had worn to hide my identity.

    “Wait. Tell me your name so I can know my enemy better and may address him specifically the next time we meet.” I called out as he began to step out of the light of the moon.

    His smile combined with those dark eyes left me breathless and my head reeling. “You will know my name when I have a reason for you to know and curse it. For now I have shown you the mercy you didn’t show my brother. Take your good fortune and leave.”

    Without another word, he left the dojo like a silent ghost, melting into the shadows.

    Sighing, I waited until all sounds of the Lotus Flower’s shuffling feet disappeared before slipping out the compound, fuming with anger. For being such a delicate flower, he sure had some fierce thorns. I was right in choosing my enemy. I will cut down that Lotus with my own bare hands.


~Red Dragon End~