1

Sneaky Sneaky

Will upload next chapter tomorrow :) 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

          Eunhyuk stopped at the mirror hanged on the wall to check on his necktie before head out of the dorm and saw his best friend, Kyuhyun waiting for him at the foyer.

“Hey, sorry. We all wake up late,” he apologized.

            That other guy just nodded and mumbled ‘it’s fine’ before they both left. Eunhyuk told him how he had accidently dropped his alarm clock down the bed and it broke down, resulting in everyone in the dorm waking up late. The annoyingly loud and disturbing sound of the alarm usually wakes them all up, including at least three dorms next to them. Eunhyuk expected Kyuhyun would saying something like ‘no wonder I didn’t hear that alarm from level three today’ or something, but instead, that guy just force out a smile and that’s it. He stayed quiet through the walk to the school.

            Eunhyuk knew something was off, but he pretended it was nothing and kept talking to avoid the awkward silence. However, when they reached their class, he ran out of idea to avoid Kyuhyun’s unusual behavior.

“Hey, you okay?” he finally asked.

            Kyuhyun looked like he was snapped out of his trance for a while.

“Y-yeah. Fine,” he swallowed. He checked his phone quietly inside his bag.

            Eunhyuk was about to ask something more when Kyuhyun got up and mumbled something about going to toilet. Eunhyuk just stared at his back, wondering what could have been wrong with him. Yesterday was Sunday and during weekends they usually did their own business without hanging out with each other. As far as he knew, Kyuhyun just stayed at his dorm on the weekend finishing homework. He must have fought with his roommates.

            Few of their classmates came in and they chatted while waiting for the assembly time.

 

“Is that Sungmin?” one of his classmates, Leeteuk spoke out.

            Eunhyuk was just in time to turn around to see his boyfriend’s disappearing form. He frowned and rushed outside.

“Minnie!” he called.

            Like being electrocuted, Sungmin was much surprised by his call and reluctantly turned around. A smile immediately formed on his lips upon seeing Eunhyuk, even though it was not his bright smile. Sungmin was from Science-stream class and he was from Technical class, but usually Sungmin will come by and hang around in his class while waiting for the class session to start. So it was weird for him to just pass by his class today; even his classmates realized that.

“Hey,” Sungmin greeted when Eunhyuk approached him.

            Eunhyuk pulled Sungmin nearing the wall, giving way to the students passing by. Some students smiled at them and the juniors bowed them good morning. All students in the school knew about their relationship, so there’s nothing to hide. He knew all those strict prefects were busy preparing for assembly, so no one will give them warning eyes.

“Why don’t you come in?” he invited Sungmin to his class.

“I…ah… I have to finish some note.... f-from yesterday,” Sungmin gave excuse.

“I see,” Eunhyuk answered. “Where are you from? Toilet?”

“Yeah. Why?”

“Nothing, I just didn’t see you coming here.”

“I saw you. You were talking. And I was in hurry.”

“Owh… Hm, okay then. Meet you at lunch.” He smiled.

            Sungmin smiled back and turned away. However after taking few steps, he turned to Eunhyuk back; his expression was hard to read.

“H-hyukkie…” he called.

“Yeah?”

            He was about to tell something when his eyes diverted to something behind Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk turned too. It was Kyuhyun. His best friend and his boyfriend usually didn’t get along very well. Kyuhyun is outspoken and Sungmin is courteous. Sungmin is the type that will command Kyuhyun to tuck in his school uniform, when that boy is the type that even sews his uniform to make it appear like it was already tucked-in instead of really tucking it in. Kyuhyun is a mischievous while Sungmin is a nerd (a cute nerd Eunhyuk would call him to cool him off). Kyuhyun also loved to pull prank or foolish jokes on Sungmin, and Sungmin will always shouted back to him in annoyance. They are like cats and dogs, thus Eunhyuk had never let these two near each other.

            Usually Kyuhyun will start teasing him upon seeing him, but this time Kyuhyun just spared a quick glances to Sungmin before proceeded to walk into the class.

“You know, I better get going,” Eunhyuk heard Sungmin excused himself and when he turned, Sungmin was already walking away.

            Eunhyuk stood there for a moment, but then returned to his class too. Kyuhyun was still in his dark mood and keeping his silence.

 

*          *          *          *          *

“I already warned you, students, so many times before. PDA is not allowed in this school, nor did the love relationships between students! Whoever caught dating will immediately made it to the disciplinary record and will be punished. This warning had already been said before, over and over again but yet, we still caught student went on dating or doing suspicious action…”

            Eunhyuk yawned. His legs begged to be stretched out and his was already aching from sitting too long —‘ without flesh’ as Kyuhyun always called him. The assembly was taking a longer time from usual, even though the teachers said just the same thing over and over again.

            Public Display Affection, who doesn’t know that rule? Sometimes his hormones kicked in and he just wanted to jump on Sungmin and do him right there and then, but he was not that stupid to make it as reality. This school didn’t even allow any kind of affection or romantic relationship between students, moreover a PDA. Strict prefects always can be seen patrolling on the corridors even on weekends, thus making simple date so challenging. Just simply cancel dating in empty classes, stairs or at the back of school building; it’s too risky. That’s why he and Sungmin always date outside when they were allowed to return to their hometown. Full of freedom and much privacy.

            Eunhyuk pulled himself out of his own thought, watching a prefect standing straight not far from him. He smiled. Siwon was one of those prefects who lurks around to catch dating couples. er Siwon. He was about to whisper it to Kyuhyun and realized that Kyuhyun was frozen next to him. He sat rigidly, his eyes straight to the front and his face showed little fear.

            The teacher made an announcement.

“…and I would want these students who were caught dating to come forward now. Kim Heechul and Gunhee…”

            The students started to buzz and get excited with the announcements. The student name Kim Heechul stood up and stretched before going to the front like it was his weekly routine (and it is).

 “Lol Heechul, just exactly two weeks ago were caught with Hangeng…”

“What’s new anyway…”

            Eunhyuk just laughed in agreement. The name-calling part was always the best part in assembly, as long as your name is not on it. They already knew who dates who in the school, it’s just exciting to know who was the one get caught by the teachers.

 

            The announcement then continued.

“Cho Kyuhyun…”

            Eunhyuk stopped smiling. Kyuhyun get caught?? Wait! Kyuhyun is dating?? Eunhyuk looked at him in surprised. As far as he knew, Kyuhyun didn’t date anyone, even though there are tons of girls and boys falling for him. Kyuhyun always said it’s troublesome to take care of a relationship. He always holds the pride in staying y, free and single.

            However, Kyuhyun didn’t object anything about his name being mentioned as couple who were caught showing PDA. His eyes were unmoving from looking to the front, even though was tainted with terror. His jaws were clenched and his hands balled up to a fist on his laps. Voices of wonders started to come around too. Eunhyuk, his best friend didn’t even know Kyuhyun was dating, moreover the whole school. Who could have—

“…and Lee Sungmin.”

 

 

What??

            It felt like silence had taken over the hall. Slowly, all students diverted their surprised widened eyes to where their places were. Even Siwon raised his thick brows watching them. Everyone was wondering whether they had heard it right. Kyuhyun and Sungmin? What?

 “Maybe they call the wrong names…isn’t it Eunhyuk sunbaenim?”

“Maybe they saw the wrong person…Kyuhyun always accompany them…”

“Is there other students name Kyuhyun and Sungmin? No?”

            Students started to whisper around again. Everyone, everyone knew about Eunhyuk and Sungmin’s relationship. Relationship that went for almost two years now; the longest couple they had in the school. The ideal cute couple. And everyone also knew who Kyuhyun to Eunhyuk is. They were friends even from kindergarten. Moreover, everyone also knew how incompatible Kyuhyun and Sungmin were. But now…

 

            Eunhyuk then turned to Kyuhyun, equally perplexed. Kyuhyun looked like he was sitting on thorns, and his eyes now were fixed on the floor.

“What is this?” Eunhyuk whispered. There must be a mistake…

 

“Yah, these two, hurry up! Cho Kyuhyun and Lee Sungmin. We don’t have all day to wait for you. If you two can be that bold making-out with each other yesterday, then be bold and come forward now!” the teacher urged.

            Kyuhyun shut his eyes closed hearing those words. Eunhyuk felt like he was being struck by lightning. His ears ringing.

            Kyuhyun swallowed and opened his eyes. He still looked terrified, but then he stood up, bravely looking to the front. His face was as white as the sheets.

            When he turned to look at Eunhyuk, Eunhyuk knew immediately what was going on. And truthfully, he doesn’t know what to feel. Numb, that what he mostly was at that time. Kyuhyun’s face was much apologetic, but Eunhyuk also saw a determination there. Like a hard-headed person Kyuhyun always was. He turned away and walked a little to —Eunhyuk’s felt himself died a little more— to the row of Sungmin’s class.

“Come on,” they heard him whispered.

            Then Eunhyuk saw him. Sungmin was trembling and his eyes fixed to the floor. And when he stood up, he looked like he could collapse anytime.

 

            And when Eunhyuk saw him trailing behind Kyuhyun and they walked to the front, Eunhyuk felt himself completely gone.

 

*          *          *          *          *

 

“The hell Cho Kyuhyun??”

            Eunhyuk just kept his silence when his friends talked about what had happened. They had returned to the classroom now when the assembly was over. Kyuhyun still haven’t return. Eunhyuk didn’t know how he managed to walk back to the class. Everywhere the students were talking about what happened. He heard them talked to him and asked him, but he didn’t remember replying to them. He still couldn’t fully process what had happened. His boyfriend cheated with him with his best friend. Yeah, that. But then what? Eunhyuk looked to the front.

“Be strong, man!”

“We’ll get to him back.”

“Bastard Cho Kyuhyun.”

            Who are these people again? They looked familiar… Ah, they were his friends. Sorry. Eunhyuk blinked. He heard few more words and just nodded unknowingly. His friends patted his back.

            Now that he was seated, his mind slowly started to function. His boyfriend cheated with him with his best friend! Eunhyuk closed his eyes. He took a deep breath and exhaled. His surrounding started to feel real now.

           

            The teacher came in not long after. She routinely asked who was still not there, and the class mentioned Kyuhyun. Automatically, the teacher looked at Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk felt himself burning and he didn’t dare to look at the teacher. He wondered if the teacher also knew about these conflict relationships or just simply looking at him because he was Kyuhyun’s best friend.

            Someone mumbled that Kyuhyun was still seeing the discipline teacher and the teacher just nodded and started the lesson. Eunhyuk felt himself just floating around.

 

            Kyuhyun came in about 10 minutes later. He avoided any eye-contact with the classmates; they were watching him with judging eyes. Kyuhyun apologized to the teacher for being late and the teacher just asked him to sit down. And that was the most awkward moment Eunhyuk had ever felt in his life. Kyuhyun hesitated there. He was seated beside Eunhyuk and always was, but now he looked like he wanted to be anywhere beside there. Eunhyuk just focused on his textbook without even lifting his head up.

            However, when the teacher started to teach again, Kyuhyun slowly strutted to his place without any words. He searched for his books and pulled the chair out ever so softly like it could kill him if he made any noise. And it seemed like an eternity when he finally sat down. He swallowed and looked to the teacher at the front, completely frozen again. Eunhyuk passed his hand on his hair in frustration, and sighed a little too loud.

The whole class could feel the fire that sparks up between these two.

 

*                *          *          *          *

            When it’s lunch time, his classmate asked him to join them and he just complied without saying anything to Kyuhyun. Usually they eat together with Kyuhyun too. Kyuhyun just stayed in the class, busy with his books. Eunhyuk didn’t see Kyuhyun at the cafeteria. He didn’t see Sungmin neither. Eunhyuk didn’t know what happened to Sungmin’s side.

            And everywhere he went, the students were talking about that. Well, the students have nothing else to do to entertain them in this boring school time. New couples were always become a hot topic but this time, it wasn’t just a new couple. It’s a new level of drama.

            Eunhyuk felt like the whole class, if not the whole school, were ditching Kyuhyun. Everyone made like Kyuhyun didn’t exist and only talked to him. It seemed like they were all siding to him and Kyuhyun was the bad guy here. Well, it might appear selfish, but that does made Eunhyuk felt little bit better and was a bit at ease.

 

            However, when the school was over, Eunhyuk surprised himself when he grew tired of hearing those.

“…still, how can he do that to his friend?”

“Yeah, after all this time, he—”

“Stop it!” Eunhyuk interrupted them. They were on the way to return to the hostel. Again, Kyuhyun was left behind.

            They looked at Eunhyuk and stopped talking.

“Stop,” Eunhyuk repeated.

            He sighed, swung his bag over his shoulder tiredly and walked away, leaving them dumbfounded.

*          *          *          *          *

            And it still didn’t end there. Right when he stepped into the dorm, he was rained with questions again.

“Did you know about it?”

“How can they date without you knowing?”

            He knew it wasn’t their fault of being curious, so he tried his best to withstand his heart.

            And after just few minutes of cleaning himself and all, he ran away from the dorm. He headed upstairs to the rooftop. The rooftop was used for the students to smoke or drinks, but since that day was just Monday night, students usually were busy with finishing home works. So Eunhyuk found himself alone and he needed it.

            Looking up to the starry night, he took a really deep breath. For the first time, he felt like he can truly breathe right now. He closed his eyes and cleared his minds. He tried to recall what was actually happening.

So yeah, his boyfriend cheated with him with his best friend.

            He was surprised, yes. He was hell confused, yes. Because well, who didn’t?

First. Sungmin and Kyuhyun supposed to hate each other. They did hate each other! For two years Eunhyuk was dating him, there’s only two days where Eunhyuk didn’t hear them bickering. One, on his birthday, and second… well, on his second birthday. He requested them not to bicker with each other and surprisingly they complied with it. So how the hell these two fall in love with each other?

Second. Sungmin and Kyuhyun both love him very much. He knew it. He had been Kyuhyun’s best friend ever since they were small. Although that guy sometimes did bad joke or stupid prank on him, he knew Kyuhyun would jump in front of a car to save him. And Sungmin? He was his vitamin all this time, cheering him up and takes care of him. It was genuine. Never once he felt that boy’s love for him was fake. So how did them both ended up betraying him?

Third. He always knew what Sungmin and Kyuhyun were doing. He was with Kyuhyun 24/7 at school. And he texted with Sungmin almost 24/7 too. He swears (for the nth time today when other people asked him) that he had no slight ideas that these two were seeing each other behind him. So how did they manage to meet without raising his alarm?

            Sneaky, sneaky these two. Such good actors. No wonder they were always chosen for the main part in the school’s play…

Ah… Eunhyuk opened his eyes.

The school’s play. That was the common thing Kyuhyun and Sungmin had. It was just once a year; two months practices every year, but it was enough. They always told him what happened on practices or meeting, and Eunhyuk occasionally visited them too, but then he guessed these two hid lots of things behind those closed curtains.

            Eunhyuk sighed. He felt embarrassed, sad and isolated. Two persons he loved the most had betrayed him like that. For how long they had that secret with them, for how long they had meet secretly behind him, and for long they had made him a fool. And he felt like he was being looked down by other students in the school for not knowing what had happened between his most beloved persons.

 

But put aside all of that…

The situation was funny.

 

Eunhyuk chuckled and shook his head. If people see him smiling like this, they must have thought he had lost his mind over the shock. But Eunhyuk knew what he was thinking.

Karma is sure a !