Epilogue

상남자 Boy In Luv
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Epilogue: Lucky

 

Namjoon had always imagined coming home to a beautiful wife in an apron, cooking a delicious meal in the kitchen while his two children would come running up to him the moment he walks through the doors of his grand home. “Daddy, daddy!” they would say and he would yell “Honey, I’m back!” to which his wife would reply, “Welcome home, dear!” with a smile and he would be the happiest man on earth.

Those were the dreams of the seventeen year old Namjoon as he imagined his future. But as he grew older he found that life didn’t always play out exactly as one plans. And sometimes, things turn out very different than one’s imagination and often, for the best.

So when Namjoon walks into his cozy little apartment with aching shoulders and fatigue ready to take over any second, the warm smell of his favourite soup wakes him up and places a smile on his lips instantly. And shortly after, he hears small steps pacing towards him. Namjoon lets out an adoring laugh when he sees Minsoon running to his direction with his tongue sticking out and eyes twinkling with excitement. Namjoon picks up the tiny dog and gives him a kiss on top of his head and few cuddles before letting him down again. The man then makes his way towards the kitchen and his eyes land on the back of his husband as he grins even wider. He steps up to the broad back and places his head to rest on it while wrapping his arms around the slim waist. He hears a small giggle and his heart warm up at the sound of that beautiful voice.

“Tired?” Jin asks as he pats Namjoon’s hand around his waist.

“Hmm…” the other hums as he buries his face further into Jin’s back and closes his eyes.

“Wash up and wait in the living room. The food will be ready in a minute.” He attempts to loosen the other’s grip on him but Namjoon squeezes Jin even tighter, catching him off guard. “Namjoon, I’ll kill you!”

“Alright, alright…” he says weakly as he places a small kiss on the other’s back and finally lets go before heading to the living room and collapsing on the couch.

Jin exits the kitchen a few minutes later and places the food on the dining table, only to notice his husband passed out on the couch. He smiles at the sight of his husband and walks over to him. He crouches down next to the couch and whispers into the other’s ear because he knows that works wonders in waking up Namjoon. The said male moans at the ticklish sensation before he lazily sits back up on the couch, eyes still tightly shut.

“Eat something before you sleep, detective, or else you’ll end up eating only ramen tomorrow for breakfast, lunch and dinner during your stakeout, again!” Jin advises the lazy man on the couch before turning around.

Just as he is about to step away, Namjoon reaches out and grabs his husband’s wrist and pulls him towards and onto Namjoon’s lap. Jin lets out a small squeal in surprise and Namjoon softly chuckles.

“Oh my god, Namjoon!” He lets out an annoyed sigh but Namjoon continues to wrap himself around the other.

“Just for a bit… please?” Namjoon pleads and Jin can’t find himself to say no. He lets his stiff body relax under the other’s touch. Namjoon loosens his grip and lightly slides out from under Jin and instead chooses to collapse on top of his husband, both legs on either side of the other’s waist. His head buries into Jin’s neck, causing the other to flinch slightly as Namjoon places soft kisses on his neck.

“Th-the food−” Jin protests weakly under Namjoon’s wet lips against his warm neck. Namjoon continues to lay pecks along the lengths of Jin’s neck until his lips reaches the other’s jawline and Jin is a goner. He closes his eyes and lets out a small, restrictive moan and Namjoon smiles against his skin. Namjoon takes the moans as an indicator to let his hand become naughty as they make their way into Jin’s shirt, feeling the soft, warm skin with his chilly hands, causing the other to hiss slightly at the contact. But Jin doesn’t stop Namjoon, and nor does the vibrating cellphone in Jin’s pocket.

Jin reaches for the phone and looks at the number. “It-it’s important…” he says in a shaky voice but Namjoon isn’t listening. He is deaf and blinded by the hunger and his appetite for his husband grows even bigger by each second. So Namjoon continues to feast on Jin’s delicious skin as the other is left with no choice but to answer the phone as it seems important.

“H-hello?” Jin manages to keep his voice from sounding breathless, which he actually is. “Yes, o-of course! Yes. Okay, yes, I’ll be there right away!”

Namjoon stops as soon as he hears that excitement in Jin’s voice as he speaks on the phone. He takes his weight off of his husband he had been squishing previously and looks at Jin with heavy but curious eyes. “Where are you going?”

Jin smiles widely before planting a soft kiss on the other’s lips, this time catching Namjoon off guard. “It was the senior surgeon at our unit and he asked me if I was still interested in adopting! Oh my goodness, Namjoon, he said to apply now! Oh, Namjoon!”

Namjoon couldn’t believe what he was hearing because it all sounded too good to be true. He and Jin had been trying to adopt for the past 2 years but despite all their efforts, they got nothing. No agency or hospital was willing to give children to a couple like them, even though they were legally married. He often witnessed Jin crying in secret at night as he came back from work. Jin blamed himself for the fact that they couldn’t have children of their own. “If only I was a woman, instead…” he would often say as Namjoon embraced him. Those instances were often the result of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter