Mercy

Twist of Destiny ~ The Sequel

The drops of IV fluid were slowly going down the vial. His eyes were fixed on it, slowly going down into his veins. It has been hours since he was left alone in his room, no T.V, no nothing for him to find anything better to do. His right hand was already sore from the constant tapping on the table, his legs hurt from the same position he had been since he woke up. He tried to move them, but his body felt weak, he was exhausted. He needed a rest, from everything that surrounded him, from everything that he did and will do, and everything he hadn’t done. He needed a rest.

“Kwon Jiyong?” A voice called him from the intercom. Jiyong lifted his face and looked at the wall, raising an eyebrow. “Mr. Kwon, are you there?” the female voice said.

“Where else am I supposed to be?” He hissed, rolling his eyes.

“Right,” the woman said. “I’m sorry, it’s that I have a person in the counter saying she wants to see you. May I allow her to go in?” Jiyong frowned.

“What’s her name?”

“Just a moment.” The woman said. Jiyong crossed his arms, his left hand left on top. “She says her name’s Mizuhara Kiko, should I allow her to go in?” Jiyong scoffed, nodding to no one.

“Yes, let her come in.”

“Alright, thank you.” The woman said, turning off the intercom. Jiyong shifted his position, slowly moving his body until he reached the edge of the bed. With his elbows, he pushed himself up into a sitting position, letting his legs hang lose as he held his body weight with his right hand.

The door opened, and he looked up, forcefully smiling at Kiko, who entered the room. “Hello Ji.” She said, setting down a little briefcase she was holding. “How are you?”

“I’m good,” He said, still struggling to sit straight. “What brings you here?”

“So welcoming.” She said, opening the briefcase. “I brought you the information of today’s movements, as you ordered.”

“Perfect.” He said. She handed him the papers, softly touching his hand. Jiyong looked at her with a frown.

“Something else you might need?” She said, but he shook his head, looking down at the papers.

“That’s all, thank you Kiko.” He said, dismissing her, but she didn’t left.

“Ji.” She said hesitantly. Jiyong lifted his head, annoyed.

“What is it?” He hissed, but she smiled at him.

“I’ll be leaving now. Do you want me to tell the nurses to forbid any visitors for today?” She said. Jiyong looked at her with a frown.

“Why?” He said. Kiko shrugged, slowly closing the briefcase.

“I don’t know, since we are under an attack, maybe you should consider isolation for now. Just as a precaution.” She said. Jiyong scoffed, looking down at the papers.

“Goodbye, Kiko.” He said. He heard her chuckling, but ignored her, waiting for the door to close. After she was gone, he looked up, frowning. The papers on his hands proved to him his suspicion. Yang Hyunseung was an allied to the Lees, and he had been protecting Lee Chaerin all the time she was there. But, he didn’t felt satisfied with that. He wanted more, he wanted proof, he wanted to be able to see that with his own eyes.

But he couldn’t. He wanted to make it so real, to be able to point an accusing finger at her, to torture Hyunseung in front of her until she regretted messing with his life. It was hate he was feeling now. Not even Kiko’s suspicious acts made him think of anything else. He wanted to torture her. And the wicked thing, he was smiling as he thought of it. “.” He hissed, throwing the paper aside. “ing .”

Gasping, panting and sweating, Chaerin reached the hospital. It was night, the place was empty, unreasonably empty. She walked inside, hugging the coat she grabbed in Jiyong’s apartment, feeling the warmth of it in that cold night. She had forgotten to eat, to drink, she had forgotten every necessity she could feel. Her heart was galloping hard, almost out of her chest as she walked through the hospital, until she reached the information counter. The woman in there looked at her from the top of her glasses, her face made into a frown. “Can I help you?”

Chaerin cleared , hugging herself as she got closer to the glass. “I need to know if there’s someone admitted in here.” She whispered. The woman raised an eyebrow.

“Do you have a name?” The woman said, and Chaerin took out a stash of money she grabbed in Jiyong’s apartment, passing it quietly through the gap of the glass and the counter. The lady looked at the money, then at her and extended her arm, holding the money and hiding it in her jacket.

“His name’s Kwon Jiyong. He must have been admitted here about a week ago.” Chaerin said, her voice low. The woman typed in her computer, nodding as the names kept appearing on screen.

“Yes, he’s here. The room’s 309, it’s the V.I.P section of the hospital, the security is tight, dear.” The woman said. Chaerin nodded, taking out another few dollars from her coat.

“Is there a way I can get in without being seen?” Chaerin said, handing her the money. The woman grabbed it, then nodded.

“The stairs in the back are the less used, since they are only for the personnel of the hospital. It’s not being watched, and it’s hard to get a clear shot from the cameras. You can go in through there.” Chaerin smiled and nodded, handing her another stash of money.

“I wasn’t here, alright?” Chaerin said, and the woman nodded, grabbing the money.

“I haven’t seen you.” Chaerin smiled, going towards the stairs the woman said. She looked around, and as the woman said, the area didn’t had many cameras, and the ones that were could be easily avoided. She entered the stairs, running up until she reached the third floor.

Chaerin stopped in front of the door, taking deep breaths, then opened it, walking in slowly. As the woman said, the place was empty, and no cameras where in the way of her. She looked around, walking in slowly. She saw the room 307, and her heart stopped beating. She kept walking, finally reaching the room 309. She stopped breathing as she saw the door slightly opened. Inside, she could hear voices, and her instincts made her get closer to the door, hiding behind the walls.

“I don’t think you get this, Jiyong. Your treatment it’s going to take longer than expected.” A man said. Chaerin held in her breath as she recognized the voice immediately. Taemin’s cousin, Choi Jonghoon, the nice doctor.

“Jonghoon, I can’t stay here longer than tomorrow. I have work to do. I have stuffs to do.” Jiyong said. Chaerin put a hand over , crying silently as she finally heard his voice. His sweet voice, almost like velvet, going through her ears, making her swoon in delight. He seemed alright, his voice hadn’t change, he was still alive.

“I’m sorry Jiyong, but that’s all I have to say to you. I won’t argue with you anymore. If you still want to leave, that’s up to you. But remember, no treatment, no hand for you.” Jonghoon said, and she heard him getting closer to the door. Her eyes widened.

“I need my hand.” Jiyong said. Jonghoon stopped, holding the door as he turned around. Chaerin moved quickly to the next room, closing softly the door as she waited for Jonghoon to leave. She couldn’t hear clearly anymore.

“I’ll be seeing you tomorrow. Rest for now.” Jonghoon said, closing the door to Jiyong’s room and leaving. Chaerin let out a sigh, getting out of her hiding spot and walking towards Jiyong’s room again.

Her hand stopped midway, hesitating in whether she should show herself to him or not. Every cell on her body urged her to do it, to open the door and enter the room. Every sane person would have done exactly that, but she wasn't sure anymore that was the right option. He could be completely different now, he was a complete different person as far as she knew, so there was a minimal possibility that he would see her, smile and run towards her, greeting her as lovable as he would in the past.

As she pondered about it, she heard some footsteps, and when she turned around, her eyes widened in shock. “What the hell are you doing here?” A man hissed. Chaerin took a step back from the door, now completely sure she shouldn't enter.

“Youngbae…” She said, looking at him. He was fuming, his hands balled into fists at his sides. His reaction was more than enough for her to know she wasn't welcomed in there anymore.

“What are you doing here?” He said again, walking slowly towards her. She gulped, still looking at his enraged face.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have come.” She said. Youngbae scoffed, standing in front of her.

“Yes, you shouldn’t have.” He said. Chaerin looked down, holding in the desire to cry and beg for forgiveness. After all, that's what she has been doing ever since she came back to her senses. Cry and beg for forgiveness.

“I’ll be leaving, I’m sorry.” She said, turning around, but Youngbae held her arm and turned her back towards him.

“Do you think I’m going to allow you to leave just like that?!” He hissed. His voice was starting to get loud, and she feared Jiyong could be listening to them inside. She tried to free herself from Youngbae’s grip, but he was stronger than her.

“Please, let me go.” She said, fighting with his grip. Youngbae started pushing her towards him, trying to cover her as he walked towards the elevator. “Please!” She said, her arm starting to feel numb from his grip.

“You have caused us enough damage, Lee Chaerin, it’s time you payed for all of this.” He said, and Chaerin cried harder, now unable to move her arm.

“Youngbae, just let me go, please.” She said. She heard a door opening, and her heart froze. She knew it was Jiyong’s door, because she felt Youngbae stiffening at her side.

“Youngbae, what’s this? What’s going on?” Jiyong said, his voice soft, weak. Chaerin put a hand over , holding in her breath as she slowly look up. Youngbae’s broad body was covering her pretty good, and the big coat on her made it the perfect hiding spot. She looked at him, and he looked back at her. The only thing she could do was shake her head no, begging him not to tell Jiyong who she was. “Youngbae?” Jiyong said again, slowly approaching them.

“It’s nothing, she’s just a fan who got too close.” Youngbae said, slowly letting go of her arm. She held in her breath.

“Get rid of her.” Jiyong hissed. Youngbae nodded, holding her arm again. She flinched as he almost carried her out. “Youngbae, wait.” Jiyong said. Youngbae stopped, and Chaerin closed her eyes, praying he wouldn’t notice it was her. “What the hell is she doing with my coat? Give it to me.”

“No!” She said, quickly putting a hand over . Youngbae closed his eyes, letting go of her. She fell to the floor, her back facing Jiyong as he stopped. She quickly tried to stand up, but Jiyong had already reached her, holding her arm softly. She cried, his hands felt too weak, too soft, too fragile.

“Turn around.” He said. His voice was still weak, but a tone of authority could be heard in it. She shook her head, looking down, her hair hiding her face. “I said, turn around.”

“Jiyong, just stop, she’s just a scared, crazy fan. Let her leave.”

“Where did you get this?” Jiyong said, pulling the coat softly. “Talk to me!”

“Jiyong!” Youngbae said, slowly pushing away Jiyong’s hand from her. Jiyong managed to pull the coat with him, and she turned around from the shock, trying to hold the coat. She hadn’t realized she turned to face him, and her eyes widened when she saw his face. She quickly looked down, his shocked face too much for her to bear.

Without any spoken word, he grabbed her chin, forcefully pulling it up for him to see. She couldn’t do anything but allow him, crying silently as she finally looked at him. He widened his eyes, shaking his head no as she let go of her chin, taking a step back. “Y-You…” He said. She was trembling, crying. “C-Chaerin?”

She couldn’t take it anymore, and she made a run for it. “DON’T LET HER LEAVE!” She heard Jiyong screaming, but she couldn’t stop. She reached the stairs, going down without stopping. She ran and ran until she exited the hospital, not even stopping to catch her breath, she kept running. She didn’t even bothered about her healing wound, she kept running, not being able to see properly, not even knowing where to go, she kept running, her tears falling nonstop from her eyes. She kept running.

About to cross the road, a car screeched in front of her, making her stop abruptly. She didn’t bothered in looking, she just closed her eyes, waiting for the hit. But as she did, a male voice shouted her name, and a door opened hastily. “What the are you doing here?!” The man said. She lifted her head, sobbing hard as Jonghyun walked towards her, his face angered, his chest heaving and a gun in hand. “You’re so ing careless!”

“CHAERIN!” Another man yelled, and when she turned around, she saw Youngbae running towards them. She shook her head no and went over to Jonghyun, who was glaring towards Youngbae, unlocking his gun.

“Take me out of here, Jonghyun. Please.” She said, hugging Jonghyun, trying to stop him from shooting. “Take me out of here.” Jonghyun put a hand over her shoulders, pushing her towards his car without saying a word. She looked at Youngbae one more time, he had stopped running, gun in hand, and looked at them with a frown over his face. She knew what was going to happen next, she knew what was going to be told.

Jonghyun closed the door and rushed towards the driver’s side. She noticed he stopped, and her heart skipped a beat as he lifted the gun. She quickly got out of the car, her heart galloping as she saw Jiyong walking slowly towards Youngbae. She bit her lips, tears falling from her eyes as she saw Jiyong’s weakened state. “Jonghyun, please.” She sobbed. “Please.”

“I have to, Chaerin.” Jonghyun said, pointing his gun towards Jiyong. Jiyong noticed, and he extended his arms, looking straight towards her. She shook her head, sobbing as Jonghyun walked towards him.

“I am already dead, so shoot!” Jiyong managed to say. Chaerin shook her head again, running towards Jonghyun. She held his arm, pulling the gun down.

“Please, don’t!” She screamed. Jonghyun grunted, lowering the gun. “Please, I’m begging you, please.” She sobbed, holding Jonghyun’s arm tight. “Don’t kill him, please.”

“DO IT!” Jiyong screamed. She looked at him, his face was wet with tears, his left hand was covered with a bandage, and she noticed he no longer moved the fingers as he used to when he was agitated. His skin looked paler, his eyes were dark, his cheekbones made shadows over his cheeks and his flesh was showing his bones. He had lost weight, he had lost color, he had lost his glamour. She sobbed again as he took one step forward. “I am dead already, just shoot.” He said, his voice breaking. She shook her head, pulling Jonghyun back, begging him.

“Let’s just go, please.” She sobbed. Jonghyun hissed, unloading the gun and putting it on his belt. Chaerin cried again, holding his chest as she pulled him back. “Not tonight, please.”

“Let’s go.” Jonghyun grunted, holding Chaerin’s arm and dragging her towards the car. She followed suit, taking one last glance towards Jiyong. He was losing his balance, so Youngbae held him, but he never stopped looking at her. His eyes were wet with tears, his mouth quivering, but he never stopped looking at her, and neither could she. Jonghyun pushed her inside the car, and she obliged, sobbing silently as he did. Before he could close the door, she held his hand tight. He stopped, looking at her with small, angered eyes.

“Thank you.” She said. He scoffed, slapping her hand away and closing the door. She kept looking at him as he got into the car, driving fast away from there without mustering a word, and neither did she. She kept silently thanking him for not killing him there, in front of her. She kept thanking him silently for showing mercy that one time, for her. She kept thanking him, because she knew she couldn’t bear watching Jiyong die. She kept thanking him, because that night, he had saved them all.

 


Gily's Notes: Oh my, I didn't expected this to be so... cheezy xD

Well, even if it seems like everything is falling into place, it's not. 

There's a war going on.

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥