Chapter 3

Stick Wit U
Please log in to read the full chapter

“You called for me sir?”

“Ah Joohyun!” The old man motioned the young lady to take a seat by his desk. “I have something very important to tell you.”

“Yes sir?” Joohyun’s beautiful eyes round up in anticipation.

The old man just chuckled at the adorable sight. “It seems you haven’t changed Joohyun-ah. Your eyes still does that thing when you’re curious or excited.”

“Oops, I’m sorry Mr. Han.” Joohyun bowed her head in embarrassment.

“Nah! It’s cute.” The old man laughed. “I wonder why you’re not dating anyone right now. No one asked you out? They must be blind.”

Joohyun just bit her lip.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to pry on your personal life. But if you do have someone right now, please introduce me to him. It would be lovely to meet the person who makes you happy.” He gave her a fatherly smiled.

“Yes sir.” Joohyun smiled back.

She was grateful for Mr. Han all these years ever since she started as a dance major in this university. Mr. Han was already the dean in the Arts department when she was a freshman. Being constant on the dean’s list, Mr. Han treated Joohyun as one of his daughter. He saw a lot of potentials in the young lady ever since she first stepped into his office. After graduating, it was Mr. Han who offered Joohyun a teaching spot in the university. However, since there was no vacancy in the Dance department, he asked her to be one of the gym class teachers instead. She was given the job to handle the volleyball and badminton classes for the freshmen.

Joohyun accepted his offer, thinking it would be the first step to her dream as a dance teacher. There were no promises though. Mr. Han didn’t say anything about giving her a spot in the Dance Department in the future.

Well, not until this day.

“Joohyun, do you remember Mrs. Xing?”

She nodded. Joohyun remembered the lanky Chinese teacher. She was her contemporary dance instructor when she was in her third year.

“Mrs. Xing just filed a maternity leave last week. She’ll be flying back to China with her family. She wanted her baby to be born in her motherland.”

Joohyun’s eyes couldn’t get any larger from the news.

“That means….” Mr. Han trailed off, slightly teasing the young lady.

“Mr. Han, are you implying that….”

“Yes, Joohyun.” He decided not to torture the poor girl anymore and just give it straight to her. “We need a replacement for Mrs. Xing this year. The board gave me the right to choose who I think fits the category, and that’s you.”

Joohyun was speechless.

There were no promises when she started teaching in the university, but she hoped everyday she could really teach dance (of any kind) and not get stuck in the gym for the rest of her teaching career.

And right now, it was slowly coming true.

“Although, just a gentle reminder Joohyun-ah.” Mr. Han brought her back to reality. “This is only temporary. Just for this semester.”

Joohyun nodded hastily which made Mr. Han laughed at the adorable scene before him.

“I’ll have my secretary email you your new schedule. Don’t worry about your gym classes. Coach Shim was happy to take your place. His hands aren’t that busy this semester anyway.”

“Thank you so much sir.”

“You’ll start next week, Monday. Got it?” The dean stood up and extended his hand to her.

Joohyun gladly shook his hand while trying not to tear up in front of the old man who she considered as a second father.

---

Seulgi stopped strumming her guitar when someone entered the studio. She looked up to see Krystal who crossed her arms after leaning against the door.

“My turn to practice.” Krystal said coldly.

Seulgi tilted her head to the empty space beside her.

“No, I’m not practicing with you Seul.”

Seulgi put down her guitar as she pocketed her black and gold guitar pick.

“I miss practicing with you Soojung.” Seulgi stated absentmindedly.

“No! Don’t!”

“Why?! What the hell did I do to you?” Seulgi stood up, anger trying to build up from her system. She didn’t understand why Krystal was always mad at her. Where was the shy yet fragile Jung Soojung she met ten years ago?

She looked at Krystal’s eyes, trying to find the answer she was looking ever since they grew apart.

“I’m not in the mood for an argument right now. Please leave me alone so I can practice. The comeback is just around the corner and I need to focus in practicing.”

Seulgi chuckled then walked up to her. “The ever so perfectionist Jung Soojung.”

Before she could get near Krystal, the girl had already walked past her and took a seat on the leather couch. Seulgi turned around and saw Krystal taking a blue binder from her bag and laid it on the small coffee table. It contained all the music sheets of their new songs.

Seulgi just observed her while the other girl picked up a pen and was trying to fix her attention to the bass chords in one page of the binder.

“It’s rude to stare, you know.” Krystal never liked being watched.

“I know.” Seulgi shrugged, then suddenly a smirk formed on her lips. “But I never once had manners.”

Krystal stopped writing and turned to look at the smirking Seulgi. “I’m not sure if you just complimented or insulted yourself.” She went back to writing again. “You are so dumb, I swear to God! You should shut up most of the time.”

There was a moment of silence and Krystal thought Seulgi already left.

But just when she thought she could work peacefully, she caught what Seulgi said in a whisper before she left.

“I miss you Soojung. I miss US.”

With the door closing, Krystal planted her face on her palms. She missed Seulgi too. She missed Seulgi so much and it hurts. The pain never left her heart. She still longed to be Seulgi’s friend, but she couldn’t. She wished things were the same when they were inseparable back in their trainee days, but those were only wishful thinking. The ship had already been capsized years ago. There was no chance of pulling it back and have it sail again.

“Dammit Kang Seulgi!” She whispered to the now empty room as she wiped a lone tear.

---

The sales lady who patiently stood by the idol for an hour already was starting to feel tired. Her legs were abou

Please log in to read the full chapter