Chapter 12

Stick Wit U
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seulgi is a month old

Tiffany is 6 years old

“Miyoungie, please be careful or you’ll wake her up.” Mrs. Hwang entered the nursery room only to find her eldest daughter touching the newly born baby adoringly.

“She so pwetty mommy.” Tiffany said in broken Korean. It was the first time she saw her sister after flying from California. The excited five-year-old dropped her pink Hello Kitty bag the moment she stepped into the Hwang household and rushed to find the baby.

“Just like you Miyoungie.” Her mother sat down on the bed, just behind her eldest who was busy staring at their new family member. “Don’t you miss Mommy? You ignored everyone the moment you arrived, even your daddy is sulking outside.” The older woman chuckled.

Turning around to face her mother, Tiffany wrapped her small arms around her neck and whispered her apology. “Am just excited to see her Mommy.”

“I know baby.” She kissed Tiffany’s head. “You’re a big sister now.”

With a proud smile, Tiffany let her mother’s neck go. “Am gowin to be the best big sister ever!” She exclaimed in English a little too excitedly, making the baby sleeping on the bed move. “Oops! Sowee.”

“It’s okay. She’s deep asleep since she’s full but you have to tone down your voice when you’re here.” She said, patting Tiffany’s head.

“Can I pway with her when she wakes up?”

“Of course!” Mrs. Hwang saw Tiffany yawn. “You’re probably tired from your flight. Want to sleep beside her?”

Eyes brightly lit and a smile so wide at the offer, Mrs. Hwang took it as a yes. After setting a little barrier made of pillows so that the baby will not roll off to the wall and a bolster in between the sisters so Tiffany wouldn’t crush the baby while sleeping, Mrs. Hwang kissed each of her daughters on their foreheads and left.

She heard voices from the kitchen and found her husband and her mother-in-law by the counter.

“Good afternoon Omoni.” She bowed down to her mother-in-law.

Sipping her juice which was handed to her by her son, the older Hwang only nodded in acknowledgement.

Mrs. Hwang didn’t miss the disgust in her eyes but didn’t say a word. “I’ll cook your favorite Korean dish Omoni. Miyoung’s sleeping in the nursery room. You should rest too. I’ll have Simon oppa call you when dinner’s ready.”

“Why are you letting my granddaughter sleep with that filthy thing?” The older Hwang accused.

“Mom!” Mr. Hwang looked at his mother incredulously.

Tears were already forming in Mrs. Hwang’s eyes but she held it in and looked at her mother-in-law straight in the eyes. “She is not anything but my daughter and I love her.”

Slamming the glass she was holding, the older Hwang gritted her teeth as she replied. “She is NOT a Hwang!”

Mr. Hwang could only hug his wife while watching her mother walk out of the kitchen.

---

Seulgi is 3

Tiffany is 9

“Unnie, where you gowin?”

Summer was already over and it was time for the older sister to fly back to California for a new school year with her grandmother.

“I’m going to school in a faraway land Seulgi-ah.” She was busy packing her stuff on her pink luggage while her younger sister was sitting on the bed they shared for the past three months.

“Ddeulgi wants to go to faraway land too.” The little one pouted and Tiffany had to stop moving around as she chuckled at the adorable bundle wrapped on a little Pikachu onesie.

Sitting down beside her sister, Tiffany brushed the little fringes from her Seulgi’s small face. “When Ddeulgi grows up, unnie and Ddeulgi will go to faraway land together.”

It made Seulgi stop pouting as she showed her big sister her toothless girn. “Pwomise?”

“Promise.”

---

Seulgi is 7

Tiffany is 13

“Umma!” Seulgi called for her mother who was baking in their kitchen. “Ummaaaa!!!!”

“Yes? Coming!” Mrs. Hwang, clad in an apron, came running with a spatula in one hand. “What’s wrong Seulgi?”

“Look at me Umma!”

Holding on to the remote controller, Seulgi jumped from the couch to the carpeted floor and danced around. Mrs. Hwang was surprised at first but found herself amused at her daughter wriggling her and what appeared to be lipsyncing. She laughed when she saw Seulgi tripped but made no complaints as she quickly stood up and danced again. The girl was following the dance steps from a music video she was watching on tv. After it ended, a clap was heard from the landing of their staircase. Both Seulgi and Mrs. Hwang turned and saw Mr. Hwang walking towards them.

“I see some talents in you Seulgi-ah.” He patted her sweaty forehead gently before standing straight. “My name is Simon Hwang. I am the President and CEO of Hwang Entertainment. I think we need a kid like you. Your talent is raw and I think you’ll become famous one day, under our agency of course. Here’s my calling card. You may give it to your mother.” Mr. Hwang said in a serious tone.

Seulgi snatched the card first before hitting Mr. Hwang on the shoulder. “You’re such a dork appa.”

“Dear, no business talk in this household.” Mrs. Hwang reminded her husband.

“I’m sorry. I was just kidding.” He kissed his wife apologetically. “But the door’s always open for our little Ddeulgi if she wants to tak

Please log in to read the full chapter