Chapter 3

The Right One

 

3 years and we're going back.

(Jinki's POV)

 


 

Being here overseas has been a hassle for both my family and me. But studying the major I want in the best school that offers it has been the best experience of my life.

Did I forget introducing myself? Forgive me for my manners. My name is Lee Jinki.

Being away for 3 years made me experience a lot of things I never will if I didn't took this offer. All those efforts in balancing school works and a part time job has been paying off as I became one of the top students in my batch.

I am thankful that after 3 years of being in a foreign land, I am now going back to Seoul to stay for good.

"We'll miss you here, Jinki. Didn't you know that Yonghwa has been sulky when your application back to Seoul was approved?" Joon laughed before patting Jinki in the back. "Take care of yourself, huh? Tell my regards to that Dino, okay?"

"Yeah," I laughed before going on my way. "Chat me up when you're going to Seoul. Bye!"

Hmm. I wonder how it looks like in Seoul right now. 3 years is a lot of time for a change. I'll seriously miss this place. I walked down the path I am walking to everyday on my way to school, imprinting everything on my mind.

3 years spent in this place is the best years of my life. I'll probably have a hard time replacing it on top of my list. Meeting new friends and the new environment that this place provided was beyond anything I have ever imagined. I thought I'll have a hard time adjusting to this place but thanks to the people I first met (aka Joon and Yonghwa), I had it the easy way.

3 years of being here also means being a roommate/bestfriend to Kim Jonghyun. We were polar opposites and the only thing we have in common is our love for music. He is also studying the same major as I am. We met on the foreign orientation 3 years ago.

My first impression of him is not that good, to be honest. He looks smug. And the fact that he has this bad boy aura all over him adds to my not-so-good impression of him.

Trust me when I say I almost asked for a room re-arrangement when I saw him the moment I opened my dorm. My heart beat fast and I was screaming on the inside. But when he greets me and smiles, it hits me that I may have a lot of misconceptions about him.

The thoughts I had about Kim Jonghyun was proven wrong as the days went by. Before I knew it, I became his bestfriend.

"Hey Jinks! Can you believe it? We're going home in just a few days!" Jonghyun said as I entered our dorm room. He sighed before he continued, "I miss my family."

I laughed as I took the seat beside him. "You obviously do. But remember that we still have to finish our last year in Seoul University. So instead of being too much excited, why don't you think of our move seriously?"

Jonghyun pouts as he lightly hits me on my arms. "Way to kill the mood, Lee Jinki."

"Anything for you, Kim Jonghyun." I said in a teasing tone before the mood slips into a comfortable silence.

After a few moments, Jonghyun looked around our home for the last 3 years, taking in everything in sight. "Seriously dude, I'm going to miss this place a lot."

I nodded, agreeing with him on that note. "No need to get sentimental with me, Dino. In case you forgot, we're going home. We're going back to our families. Lucky for you, they live in Seoul." I sighed before continuing. "…unlike mine who lives at exactly 50.6 km away from the capital."

He smiled before patting me on my back. "You know you always got me, Dubu. I told you that you're going to live with us until your new apartment will be ready. I already told my parents and they agreed. I'm always here to help."

"Thanks, Jjong. I called the leasing agent and he told me it'll be ready in two weeks by the time we arrive in Seoul." I smiled before standing up. "It really means a lot, you know."

Jonghyun is the best friend you can ever ask for.

"Yeah, I know. That means you owe me one."

And he's probably the weirdest one in the world too.

 

It must be the excitement of going home that made me jumpy as we left our home for the last 3 years. As Jonghyun said a few days before, we'll seriously miss this place. It holds a couple of memories that'll be with me for always.

After checking in our luggage, we still have to wait for a few minutes before the boarding time. This dream is just too good to be real. But I know this is the reality when Jonghyun pulls me towards the boarding gates and out of my trance.

This is it.

We're going back.

Three years being here also means it's already been three years since I knew her.

And now, I'm going to meet her for real.

 


 

2015. 07.02

Short update. I'm busy because being a college student (engineering student) is very demanding. Thank you for the love guys :)