Chapter 1

The Right One

 

A day in the life of Kim Gwiboon.

(Gwiboon's POV)

 


 

I sighed as stress and problems began to pile up in my mind. As a respectable student with a reputation to uphold, I should be perfect in everyone's eyes.

I know I am being too much of a perfectionist to even bother with smallest details but I couldn't help it since I want everything to be good. It is my work. I don't want people to belittle me. I know it doesn't help but there are expectations needed to be met and high grades to maintain.

I probably have gray hair already because of all the stress. The exams are just around the corner and finishing my design portfolio is taking its toll on me. All I do is design, design and design more all day. I even forget to eat on time because of designing. And forgetting things is so not me.

Traces of staying up a couple of nights must be very evident by now. I sighed once again, promising myself to finish everything by tonight and get my well-deserved rest. And I guess a tub of ice cream won't hurt my diet (not like I was on one).

God, thankfully there's one thing that keeps me sane every day.

Speaking of which, here he comes. "Gwi!" I smiled, arranging the small mess on my work table. "Designing again, I see."

I let out a small laugh, "You know me, Minho." Turning to him, I noticed he was still on his soccer uniform. "Just finished practice?"

"Yup. I practically ran all the way here just to see you." He placed a small kiss on my cheeks, making me blush. "I missed you." He said, taking me in his arms.

"We met each other earlier!" I playfully pinched him and pulled away to go back to whatever I was doing before. "And we ate together at lunch."

"Even if it's just hours since I last saw you, I missed you already."

"Too much sap, Minho." I put my hands on my hips and raised my eyebrow. "Aren't you going to go home?"

"But -"

"You must be very tired from practice. Go home." Kissing his pouting lips, I added, "And I promise I'll call you later."

"Okay, okay. You got me there." he laughed. "Just be careful on your way home, okay? I love you, Gwiboon."

I gave him one last kiss before saying, "I love you too, Minho."

And he went on his way. I inwardly thank him for visiting me since I'm kinda stuck at one part and for distracting me in a way I appreciate.

With my new found inspiration and feeling more energized than ever, I went back to finishing my portfolio. Minho visiting me gave me the energy a dose of caffeine never did. I once again smiled, working with the piece that gave me so many headaches.

I finished everything two hours later, much to my delight.

 

 


 

 

Choi Minho is my first boyfriend. And our story actually started with something silly and too cliché.

I was talking with my friend, Nicole, when I opened my locker. And I instantly noticed a small pink note at the center of the locker, just on top of my notes. Curiosity sparked in me as I proceed to grab the note, fiddling it in between my fingers.

For Gwiboon, it says.

"What's that Gwiboon? Is that....." she started, "..a love letter?"

I could hear the gears working on her mind. "I don't know." I shrugged.

I slowly opened the note, Nicole scooting over for a good view of whatever is written.

I was wondering if you had an extra heart, mine seems to be stolen.

- M

"Wow. Someone using pick-up lines at Kim Gwiboon?" Nicole started, letting out a small laugh. "Someone actually has the nerve!"

"Ssh!" I quickly silenced her, noticing the stares given by the others around me. I smiled before turning back to Nicole, who seems to be holding back her laugh. "What?"

"I'm just....hahahaha this is so funny."

"Oh get a life Nicole."

"What? Isn't this the joke of the century? Someone actually had the guts to use pick-up lines on you, Kim Gwiboon, the perfect queen of the fashion department."

"Stop it, Nic. He'll probably stop after a few days."

"Okay." she said, "But I still find this funny, you know."

I actually laughed at that.

 

Turns out, I was wrong. He didn't stop. The notes keep on coming every day, sometimes with a rose or chocolate. By now, I knew the one sending them was the film department's Choi Minho. He's also a famous guy, your typical heartthrob, a striker at the university soccer team.

I'm not a photographer, but I can picture you and me together.

Have a good day, Gwiboon.

With love,
Choi Minho

And that's it. That's the final straw before I stomp my way to the film department, a building away from where I was. All the students gave me weird stares but I wasn't having any of it. I was too focused on making him talk to even care about how I look right now.

As I arrived, I saw Choi Minho walking with his friends. He seemed to notice me as I made my way towards him.

"Hi Gwiboon!" he greeted with a wave and a smile.

"What do you want?" I asked, getting straight to my point. "What's with these notes and everything?"

He tensed at the mention of the notes. "Uhmm.." he awkwardly scratched his nape, probably thinking of an excuse. "Isn't it obvious? I like you, Gwiboon."

I knew this will be his answer. It was pretty obvious with the notes and the gifts, you know. "If you like me then go and ask me in person rather than sending me a bunch of notes with silly pick-up lines and flowers. I want more effort than this."

"Uhhh okay."

"And I like white roses more than the red ones. Keep that in mind."

I left him with his friends, smirking to myself. I actually like Minho too. I mean, who doesn't? But if he wants us to be more than this, he needs to do a real effort and ask me out in person rather than doing silly things like giving notes and stuff. Does he even think cliché stuffs would work on me? I am Kim Gwiboon. I deserve the best. Cliché stuffs would only work to hopeless romantics and I am not one of them.

True to his word, I found myself with his companion the next day and the days after that, with a few white roses here and there. I slowly warmed up to him and eventually, we began to date.



 


 

 

And now here we are. It's silly how things between the two of us started this way. Everything with Minho is just perfect. We became the famous campus couple, the social butterfly Kim Gwiboon and the soccer ace Choi Minho. The match made in heaven couple as they all says.

It's not the kind of love story everyone wants because of all the unwanted attention we always get. But thinking about our feelings for each other, I wouldn't want it in any other way. As long as we love each other, I know everything would be perfect.

Now the idea of ice cream, fluffy bed and phone call with Minho runs on my mind and I never thought I could be home this fast before.

But I was too naïve to think that everything we have could last forever.

 


 

Author Notes:

2015.05.21

First chapter is up! I updated because it's SHINee's comeback on Mnet MCountdown today. I hope you all like this :) Again, updates are not regular. I am busy nowadays with College stuffs. Until next chapter!