One question, one answer

Love suddenly popped out!

It was in the middle of the school year and the students are done with their exams so everyone is happy about it, except one female student. Her name is Lee Aiko and she is one of those not-so-smart students who failed to exams. The principal warned her that if she also fails the next exam that will be given to her the next week, she better get prepared to repeat the same grade.

 

“Aish! What will I do?!” Aiko exclaims while she and her bestfriend He Jin, were walking in the hallways “If I failed again, I will have to repeat the same grade again!”

 

“Why not get a tutor?” she suggested while Aiko ignored her and looked outside the window instead. She screamed and waved at the guy below who was playing basketball with his friends.

 

“YA KI BUM!” she screamed happily as she wave nonstop while her friend behind her can only shake her head and watch her “I FAILED MY EXAMS AGAIN!!”

 

“Then why are you happy? And why are you screaming? I’m right in front of you, you know...” he replied back as he threw her a can of juice. She happily accepts it and drinks it in one gulp.

 

“Ahhh… it was delicious!” she said happily as she wipes with the sleeves of her uniform “By the way He Jin, what you said earlier is a good idea”

 

“What idea?” Ki Bum asks

 

“I told her to get a tutor to help her study…”

 

“Oh, it’s a good idea, why don’t you get one Aiko?”

 

She shook her head and took Ki Bum’s juice and drank it “I don’t have any money, and besides, who would want to tutor someone without money?”

 

“Then I’ll ask someone from my class, maybe the class president?” Ki Bum volunteered and went back to his classroom while He Jin linked her arms with him. Aiko just stood there, touching the necklace around her neck and watched them go to their classroom together and ran away when they finally entered the classroom. She ran towards the rooftop but she stopped when she saw someone already there.

 

“What do you want? The rooftop is off limits…” the student said as Aiko went towards him and sat beside the male student she never saw before.

 

“Can I stay here just for a few minutes? I need to clear my mind…”

 

The male student noticed that she is about to cry so he allowed her to stay. After a few minutes, she stretched her arms and sighed. She looked at him and smiled.

 

“My name’s Aiko…what’s yours?”

 

“Woo Sung Hyun…”

 

“Okay Sung Hyun! Since you made me happy, I’ll allow you to date me!”

 

“Oh really?” he replied calmly, he’s not even interested looking at her and continued doing his homework. Aiko laughed and looked at what he’s doing.

 

“I was joking you pabo! Hey, I just noticed, aren’t you that Sung Hyun in the A class?” he nodded and continued doing his work “Then, can you be my tutor for a week? I really need a tutor to teach me or else I’ll be in big trouble”

 

“I can tutor you, but there you must give me something in exchange”

 

“What do you want? Sorry but I don’t have money…” she replied sarcastically while he pointed at the necklace around her neck. She looked at where he’s pointing but she got the wrong idea and covered her chest with her arms.

 

“Pabo, I was talking about your necklace…” the necklace Aiko was wearing was a necklace with a cross pendant, and it was really pretty. Aiko nodded and handed him the necklace.

 

“You can have it… I don’t think I’ll need it anymore anyway…” she said as she handed him the necklace. She smiled but Sung Hyun can sense that she was faking her smile but he still took the necklace.

 

“So, you’re officially my tutor right Sung Hyun-ssi?” he nodded again and looked at the necklace she just gave him “Well, I’m gonna give you a nickname so remember it! Don’t worry, it will only be a temporary nickname, after a week, I will stop calling you by your nickname and act like nothing ever happened okay?”

 

He nodded again and listened to her mumbling, saying all different types of nicknames. Aiko told him that after a week, she will act like nothing happened because it will be bad for his image. He is the smartest guy in school and he is also handsome, his girlfriend might get jealous.

 

“I got it! I will call you Kevin okay? And you can call me with any nickname you want!”

 

“Hmm… your name is Aiko right?” she nodded “I’ll call you Aigo instead”

 

“AIGO?! Why that nickname?!”

 

“Because K and G in Hangeul are the same… Plus, you bring me trouble”

 

“Aish… if that’s what you want…” she mumbled again “Oh and Kevin…can I ask a question? How do you cure love sickness?”

 

“Eh? Why that question?”

 

“Oh nothing… I just want to ask it to a smart person” she replied as she laughed. While chatting with him, the bell rang. Both of them stood up and went downstairs together, making the entire students look at them.

 

“Omo, Sung Hyun oppa is walking with another girl!”

 

“How come the cold Sung Hyun oppa who barely talks with another girl is walking with her?!”

 

Aiko and Sung Hyun ignored the students and went to their own classrooms. Aiko waved back at Sung Hyun before entering her classroom but he didn’t.

 

----

 

It was the last day to tutor Aiko and both of them are at the rooftop again. He was watching her solve the problems he gave her. He smiled a little when she hits her head when she got the answer wrong.

 

“Kevin… can I ask something?—“

 

“If you’re gonna ask how to cure love sickness again, I’m gonna smack your head. You’ve already been asking that everyday ever since you asked me to be your tutor” he said cutting her off

 

“No it’s not that” she laughs “I was gonna ask that necklace back again after you tutor me…”

“Didn’t you give this to me already? Moreover, why?” before she can answer, her phone rang so she answered it.

 

“Eh? Really Ki Bum? You got another chance from her?! Okay, better get my bestfriend back or I will punch you!” she said normally, but after she hung up, tears started to fall from her eyes. She didn’t wipe them and continued crying in front of Sung Hyun.

 

“Kevin… How do you cure love sickness?” she asked as she continued crying

 

“So is he the reason for everything?” Sung Hyun asked as he wipes the tears from her eyes “The reason why you want the answer to that question and why you want the necklace back?” she nodded.

 

“It was actually a long time ago, when we were children, he gave that to me when he told me he likes me and I’ve been taking care of it ever since…”

 

“Then why don’t you try confessing to him? You might not know what will happen… Let’s stop for now and return here tomorrow. Tell me what happened okay?” Sung Hyun said and he left the rooftop. When he was already outside, he punched the wall in front of him and stopped. “Why is my heart aching?”

 

-----

 

The week to tutor Aiko was done but both of them still met at the rooftop and this time, Aiko was smiling just like the first time Sung Hyun met her a week before.

 

“Kevin! Oh, I meant Sung Hyun… I finally told him about my feelings... But I told him that I moved on and she can date my bestfriend normally, without me getting hurt.”

 

“Oh, is that so?” he replied calmly and it made her laugh.

 

“That’s the reaction I was waiting for…” she said as she continued laughing.

 

Sung Hyun looked at her laughing and smiled too. Then he realized that he still had the necklace Aiko wanted. He reached into his pocket and took the necklace and also another box “Here you go…”

 

Aiko took the necklace and the box he gave her and opened it, it was another necklace, but it was much prettier “Eh, what is this Sung Hyun?”

 

He smiled and hugged her.

 

“How do you cure love sickness?”