Stay Alive ⚔

Love Comes in Different Forms

Continuation to: Armor Down and Just the Two of Us in ⚔ AU

 

 

The armour was laid on the red heavy brocade covers, the royal seal masterfully crafted on the shiny silver colored steel. It was brand new, not even once worn to battle. The back plate had never hit the mud and blood mixed under heavy boots. The heavy bracelets had never stopped a sword coming at the young kind cocooned in the shiny metal. HongBin had never in a battle field and now he had to lead an army to protect his kingdom, all his father had built.

 

The dark oakwood door creaked open and he turned his head to see the chamber maids and blacksmith coming in to help him put on the steel prison that was considered his protection. The moment he would put it on he would not have a way back, a chance to return unless he’s victorious, or his rumak would drag his lifeless body through the wasteland left by the intruders, wasteland he called home once.

 

“I will help the king with his armour,” the only voice HongBin wanted to hear rang around the cold and high ceiling of his chamber. A knight in full battle gear, his helmet under his arm, walked behind the delegation that had just came in. HongBin’s knight. They all bowed and stepped out, not even questioning the tall blond man and close the heavy door behind them with a boom.

 

The man made his way across the room, his boots clicking on the tile floor. He placed his helmet on the bed, the ruffled gold looking like a mismatched embroidering on the blood red. How much actual blood had poured over the helmet that couldn’t hide marks of arrows and swords that had scratched at it’s exterior?

 

The blond knight took the leg harnesses and kneeled infront of the young king. He put the complicated piece of protection together over the royal purple pants, locking HongBin in the feared prison with no escape. His own had stains of mud and blood permanently engraved in them. His chest armor had long markings of sword accross them, up to the broad shoulders the cape was gracing. He had seen battles HongBin couldn’t imagine.

 

He knew every scar on the knights body, he knew the pain and despair he couldn’t avoid seeing even though he was signed as a royal guard. Desperate times called for desperate measures, like a king leading his troops.

 

“TaekWoon,” HongBin spoke quietly when his legs were locked in the shiny metal. They weigh a ton and he knew he couldn’t move from the place he was at with not force.

 

“General,” the man who just stood up corrected and reached for the both plates of steel that would cover HongBin’s torso. Yes, that was his rank and HongBin had to refer to him like that. But not now. He couldn’t allow reality to hit him just yet.

 

“I can’t do this. I won’t be able to do a thing when a battle will break out,” HongBin whispered, his hands shaking as the two plates were pulled together by strings at his sides. The man before him remained silent. He reached for the arm harnesses, silently putting them on.

“I will lead my people to sure death! I will be the king who killed his army,” the young ruler exclaimed and the knight finally looked at him. His gaze was soft and warm and all HongBin wanted to do was to get lost in the embrace he had enjoyed and engraved few nights ago. Two rough, warm hands cupped his cheeks, being the prison he didn’t want to leave.

 

“Don’t waver. Don’t fear. Don’t doubt. The sword is as natural, as in its place in your hand as it is mine,” TaekWoon spoke softly, his thumbs running over HongBin’s cheeks gently. “Even though quite sinfully my hands already for long prefer to hold you, instead of the hilt,” he added with a small smile and instantly HongBin rose his heavy arms to rest his hands on TaekWoon’s, keeping them in place.

 

“Find a reason to fight. A reason to greet the soil with your face when you fall,” the blond knight looked straight in HongBin’s eyes through the light bangs falling in his eyes. “Be the king, the ruler your people need. Fight for the little children that mount Thunder in hords of 5 or more when ever you allow, fight for the peasant who greets you just passing by with the simplest, yet best he has,” proud of a knight rang in his voice and HongBin couldn’t deny the rush, the strength, the inspiration running through his veins - escaping TaekWoon’s hilt roughened hands and horror seen eyes.

 

“Above all, fight for  a shameful knight, who loves his king since the first day the little heir smiled at him and quite blasphemously fights not for the country, but for that king alone,” he continued and HongBin’s heart tightened in his chest. TaekWoon was stingy with words, yet never when it came to voicing his love for the scarred ruler. And now, on a verge of war, HongBin heard a confession only a knight could make, meaning more than anything else.

 

“Fight for a future you want so much - for nothing more in these four walls but simply HongBin in the arms of his TaekWoon and I will fight for the same,” TaekWoon didn’t break his eyes contact despite his eyes getting glossy and HongBin held tighter onto his hands.

 

“Most importantly, fight to stay alive, or world will experience new wrath of vengeance brought upon by a grieving, rogue knight,” the knight pushed past his trembling lips he tried to contain. He was afraid, just as afraid as HongBin despite all he had seen and experienced. He feared a loss that would drive him mad.

 

“Then you too must stay alive. Fight for your king and for his naive vision of future. Stay alive for him,” HongBin finally spoke. TaekWoon lifted his hands of the king’s cheeks, taking the soft hands that were lying on his in his hands and kissing them softly.

 

“No other option was even possible,” the knight replied with a soft smile and for HongBin’s surprise leaned in to kiss him. For the first time he was the one to kiss first, and not just once, not just a small peck. He claimed HongBin’s lips in a deep, desperate kiss, his love and devotion pouring into it as it did then the sheets of the night hid them.

“Let’s win a war, my king,”TaekWoon breathed out, resting his forehead against HongBin’s and the latter nodded.No matter what, he would win the war for the future he held so close to his heart of a dreamer.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CHECK OUT: VIXX fic list; A Piece of Heaven; Twitter; Tumblr; Instagram; hongbinstaekwoon’s LeoBin drabbles