Chapter 7 - Epilogue

Four Couples
▶ Epilogue ◀
 
 
Dear Joonmyeon,
 
                 How are you? I hope you’re doing well. I think I’m missing you too much.
Everything here is going well, and your family is doing fine too. Oh, and I just met Jongin yesterday. He’s gotten so mature for his age that I wonder if he’s really ten-years-old.
                 I know you’re curious about everyone else, so prepare for a long letter. ^^
 
I’m texting Seyeon right now, and it seems like she’s extremely happy attending Yonsei with Jongdae. And she should be. That couple has more right than any of us to be happy together, don’t you think?
 
 
“Seyeon! Guess what?!” Jongdae exclaimed, unable to contain his excitement.
 
“What?” Seyeon looked up from her computer, turning her attention fully to him.
 
“I’m going to sing at the college festival!”
 
“Really?! Oh my goodness, Jongdae! Congratulations!” Seyeon jumped up and hugged him from across the table. “Aren’t the auditions for that really hard to pass?”
 
He pulled away and nodded. “You don’t know how nervous I was. Everyone before me was so good.”
 
“I knew you would make it.” Seyeon said confidently and sat down. “What song are you going to sing?”
 
 
And you know her older brother? The one whose girlfriend is that nice unni from the bookstore? Turns out he won this huge dance competition, and now he’s basically a celebrity in our town. All of the girls at my college are fawning over him literally every day. But don’t worry, I’m not one of them. (;
 
 
Dayoung stared ㅡor more like glaredㅡ at Sehun talking with a group of girls near the cash register and stirred her straw in her ice tea, the ice making clinking sounds as she did. When he came back to their table with their ordered cookies, she crossed her arms and leaned back in her chair.
 
“You done with that?” he asked, his eyes glancing at her notebooks and papers scattered on the table as his hand reached for her drink.
 
She took the plastic cup away before he could and raised an eyebrow. “Sure seemed really friendly back there. Do you know them or something?”
 
He shrugged and sat back in his seat. “No. They said they saw me dance at the competition and wanted to congratulate me on winning.” Realizing something from Dayoung’s cold expression, he leaned forward to ask, “Why? Are you jealous or something?” He took a cookie from the plate and bit into it to hide his smile.
 
“N-no, of course not.” Flustered but not willing to show it, she held his stare and pursed her lips.
 
Smirking, Sehun swiped her ice tea from her hand while she was preoccupied and gulped down half of it in one sitting.
 
Dayoung pushed off the back of her chair and leaned forward to take back her cup. “Hey! Who said you could dri-“
 
She was cut off by Sehun pecking her lips. Her eyes blinked furiously as she stared at him smiling at her. “We’re in a public place, Sehun. What are you do-“
 
She was once again cut short by him pecking her lips a second time. When he pulled back, he replied, “So what if we’re in a public place? Is it a crime to kiss my girlfriend, who by the way is being way too cute for her own good?” Smirking, he sat back in his chair and continued eating his cookie.
 
A faint blush took over Dayoung’s cheeks, and she followed Sehun in sitting back in her chair. Clearing , she was eager to change the subject and said, “So where are we going today?”
 
“Depends on whether you’re done with that or not,” he responded, gesturing to her work on the table.
 
“Let’s go to that restaurant we went last time. I want to eat their *pajun again.” She swallowed in thoughts of going there again.
*pajun: Korean-style pancake/pizza.
 
Smiling in satisfaction at her reaction, Sehun nodded, his hands already moving to help organize her stuff. “Sure, we can do that.”
 
 
Hyejin and Minseok are also doing well. You don’t know how much Hyejin talks about Minseok every time we meet. She’s absolutely head over heels for him that I wonder why people always say Minseok is the one who likes her more. But he definitely can make a person into an octopus by saying the cheesiest things. Don’t be surprised if you find my hands and feet gone from being curled too much the next time I come see you.
 
 
“How about this one?” Minseok held out a flowy, pink blouse to Hyejin.
 
Scrunching her face, she pushed it away with her hand. “Don’t be picking out what you like, Kim Minseok. You know I don’t like that style nor do I look good in it.” She turned away to search through another rack.
 
He placed the blouse back where he had found it and followed after her. “But you look good in everything,” he said as he walked behind her, peeking at the clothes over her shoulder.
 
Blushing, Hyejin muttered something about going to another store and pushed through the doors to step out into the mall building. Minseok smiled, knowing she was just flustered with his blunt compliments, and followed after his shy girlfriend.
 
When it came time for lunch, they walked to the food court and stood in line at the place they selected. Their turn came after a few moments, and Hyejin pulled out her wallet to pay. As she opened it, Minseok swiped it from her hands and gave the cashier his own card. She gave him a look but consented.
 
They stood to the side to wait for their food, and Minseok looked toward her wallet still in his hand. Remembering a similar moment two years back, he smiled as he opened it to see if the same picture was still in the clear compartment. His eyes widened when he found it was replaced with another one.
 
One of him.
 
It was his school picture with him in his school uniform from their first year of high school. He smiled upon seeing it.
 
Hyejin turned toward him since he was being unusually quiet, and her eyes widened to see him looking in her wallet. She grabbed it from his hands and fumbled to shove it inside her bag.
 
“Hey, I was looking at that,” protested Minseok.
 
“Wh-who said you could!” Hyejin exclaimed, her cheeks turning pink.
 
“Alright, fine.” He held up his hands in surrender, but he couldn’t hide his smile.
 
Their food came out a moment later, and after they were settled at a table, Minseok picked up his chopsticks and asked, “Didn’t you have another picture in your wallet before?”
 
“So what?” she answered, keeping her eyes on her plate.
 
“No need to get so hostile,” he said, a smile hinting his face.
 
“I-I’m not. Just…” she filled up her spoon with her food and stuffed it into his mouth, “Just eat.”
 
She took her spoon out, and he obliged, dropping the subject for now. He could always interrogate her later. Minseok smiled to himself, and Hyejin could already guess what was in his head.
 
“Don’t even think about it, Kim Minseok.”
 
He chose not to answer her, but instead, stuffed his own spoonful of food into .
 
 
Everyone seems to be getting their happy endings now, but there are times when I miss high school. Especially when we walked to school together almost every day. Remember? You always said the cheesiest things. Did you influence Minseok or something? ^^
          
My class is in five minutes, but for some reason I feel like skipping. Weird of me, isn’t it? When you come back, there are so many places I want to take you and also so many things I want to do with you. I wish you were out already, I think I’m missing you too much and I said that already, didn’t I? :(
          
Don’t get sick, and always make sure to take special care of your ankle. I know it’s all healed, but I don’t want you to come back early due to it falling back into injury. Finish your two years confidently, okay?
 
I love you♡ Come back safely.
Love from your waiting girlfriend,
Yoorim
p.s.
I forgot that Jongin wanted me to tell you hi and that he misses you a lot. And also, Hyejin and Minseok want to go with me to visit you, so anticipate them coming next time :)
 
 
 
The End