New Beginnings

Happier

"I never knew this flower festival had a butterfly garden as well!", Mina whispered, admiring the sight of a monarch butterfly resting on a leaf. Hyejeong and Mina had been in the flower festival for twenty minutes now and Mina has already become amused with everything. They picked up all the flowers they could find so far, from a sunflower to a gardenia. Hyejeong, however, was still not that at all amused; everything overwhelmed her. It was months since she went out with someone. Mina got up from observing the monarch butterfly and turned to Hyejeong, noticing that she was starting to feel a bit down. She smiled softly and said, "If you want to leave, we can." Hyejeong snapped from thought and shook her head, not wanting to worry Mina. "No, it's fine. I'm just... in thought right now.", she replied. Mina let out a silent "ah" and returned to watch more of the butterflies, with Hyejeong following. 

Two hours have passed and now Hyejeong sat on a bench, away from the flower festival. She waited for Mina to get something to eat. As she waited, her thoughts circulated to Jimin, thinking about how she would have enjoyed if she was with them. How Hyejeong would enjoy it if she was still there. Mina approached Hyejeong and sat next to her, placing the flowers she got on the floor and her food on her lap. "Do you want some macarons?", she offered as she looked at her with a grin, with Hyejeong shaking her head. Mina's grin faded slowly, looking down at the macarons she bought. She took a bite out of each macaron and after a few minutes, she mumbled, "If you really don't wanna be seen with me, please just tell me." 

"It's not that.", Hyejeong said, slowly becoming frustated. "Then?", Mina asked as she turned to Hyejeong.

"I just... have things going on, that's it."

"Well, I'd like to help you, but-"

"I don't need your help, Mina. We barely know each other, so why are you offering help?"

"Because even if I don't know my friends well enough, I still try my best to be there."

"I don't want you there for me, I want Jimin there for me!", Hyejeong cried, as she felt her eyes beginning to tear up. Mina tilted her head, ignoring the comment and wiped a tear falling down Hyejeong's cheek. "Who's Jimin?", she softly said, in an effort to soothe her. A quick moment of silence happened to let Hyejeong gather herself. "My best friend, who committed suicide a few months ago and it's... been hard.", she replied softly. Mina sat for a moment, not wanting to say anything, and so she placed her food on the ground and put her arms around Hyejeong, pulling her into a soothing hold. "If you want to cry, you can.", she whispered, resting her head on top of Hyejeong's. Hyejeong hesitated to cry for a moment, but afterwards, clutched onto Mina's embrace and sobbed hard after a long time. And it marks as a new beginning for them.

~

some more ty writing yay (~: