New Neighbor

Happier

Piles of paper balls overflowed the trash can next to Hyejeong's desk. She scribbled some words on the paper she had, later becoming frustrated with herself and crumpled up the paper. She leaned back in her office chair and covers her face with her hands, groaning loudly. She drops her hands to her lap and looks up at the ceiling. She thought about the fact that it's been several months since her best friend Jimin committed suicide. She hasn't talked to anyone since then except for her mother and her therapist, who were the only ones who actually know what happened to Jimin, other than the cops and ambulance that arrived that night. It's gotten harder for her to make new connections and it's become harder for her to find a new job since she quit her job at the diner. She spent most of her days writing short stories and the only times she would go out of the house is to go to the store to buy necessities for herself and in rare cases, going to the movies or the library. She sold her stories for money which was the only way she was actually paying for anything. She just became isolated with the world outside her.

A knock on the door and a ring from the doorbell is heard from the distance. Who the hell could be at my door?, she thought. She rolled her eyes and got up from her chair and trudged to the hallway. She made her way to the door and opened it slowly, only to see a girl in front of her a couple inches shorter than her, her hair in a side braid and denim shorts and a grey sweatshirt. The girl gave a small smile to Hyejeong and gave her some envelopes. "I think these are for you.", she said. "I was looking for who these belonged to and had to go through most of the neighborhood." The girl began walking off, looking back at Hyejeong and waving. Hyejeong suddenly shouted, "Wait!" to the girl and the girl stopped in her tracks. Hyejeong walked out the door and approached the girl, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion. "Were you... living here for a long time?", Hyejeong asked curiously. The girl shook her head and replied, "I've only been living here for a couple weeks. I'm still trying to get used to trying to get around." Hyejeong lets out a silent "oh" in response. 

"I'm Mina, and from the letters that I've received that were not mine, you must be Hyejeong.", Mina says, giving Hyejeong an eye smile. Hyejeong nods at her and silently says, "Nice to meet you, Mina." She begins to back away and waving awkwardly at Mina, turning around and heading home again. 

"I hope we see each other again!", Mina exclaims as she began to walk away as well. Hyejeong stops in front of her door and turns to watch Mina walking away. She feels her heart skipping a couple beat, but shakes her head anyway. She couldn't be liking this girl already, is she?

~

this is some really crappy writing i'm sorry, but here's the first chapter! hopefully i'll work on the second one soon since i have nothing else to do today (-: sorry for the awful writing tho pls forgive me