Final

Thank You

“I’ve made my decision.” Luhan says as he sits next to Minseok on the bed in their shared hotel room.

Minseok knows Luhan would talk about this sooner or later and he’s been preparing for this, he’s been thinking of how to react, how to patch his heart back in case it breaks though he’s confident his heart is strong enough to deal with this.

Minseok closes his eyes for a second and sighs, “And your decision is?” He says, trying to be as composed as he can. His eyes meet with the pretty deer-like eyes and Minseok tries with all his might not to waver, he is strong, he has to be strong.

“I’m leaving”. The younger responds and Minseok’s breath hitches, he can feel his heart shattered. All his preparations are useless now but he still tries to look as if he’s okay.

“I…I’m sorry.” Luhan whispers, weak and shaky.

“Don’t” Minseok shakes his head, his hand reaches to Luhan’s right arm and squeezes it, “Have you told everyone about this?”

“No. I wanted you to be the first one to know.”

Minseok bites his inner lower lip, he doesn’t know what to say, how to react, he can’t even look at Luhan.

“Thank you for being so good to me this past years Minseok, thank you for listening to my naggy self, thank you for being there whenever I need someone to talk to. Thank you for all the good memories. Whatever we have between us is really precious and I hope it’ll never change, you’re my person and I’m grateful for that. Thank you for everything and I’m sorry, I don’t want this to happen but..”

Minseok shuts Luhan’s mouth with his lips. He wants Luhan to stop talking because it hurts; it hurts to see him hurting.

Minseok pulls himself back before the kiss got deeper, he’s afraid he’ll make both of them hurt all the more, “Silly, you talked as if we’ll never gonna meet again.” Minseok ruffles Luhan’s hair, ”You know, you’re important to me Luhan and I just want you to be happy and healthy.” even if it means we have to be apart.

Luhan looks at Minseok with teary eyes and it breaks Minseok even more but he doesn’t let it shows, “I support your decision. Thank you for being my coffee buddy and teaching me Chinese sometimes. You’re terrible teacher but thanks anyway. You’re my person too and I’m sorry I wish I could have taken care of you better.”

Luhan hugs Minseok “I wish I could take you with me.”

I wish I could stop you Lu

“You’ve always been good to me Minseok. Promise me you’ll take care of yourself, visit your Mom whenever you can and don’t delete my contact from your short list” Luhan says and the elder smiles to that.

“Are you gonna leave now?”

“Do you want me to?”

“… Is it okay if I ask you to stay for a while?” Minseok’s surprised by his selfish question but he just wants to be with Luhan for a bit longer, even when every second of it rip his heart bit by bit.

“Of course.”

They lie on the bed so close to each other but none of them initiate to cuddle like they always do, tough their feet are on top of each other’s. Minseok looks at Luhan’s eyes, staring fondly at them while thinking how much he’s gonna miss the beautiful eyes. How much he’s gonna missthis. Minseok blinks when he feels Luhan’s finger touch his cheek down to his jaw, “My baozi,” I love you.

“I love you too.” Minseok whispers as if he can hear what Luhan’s mind says.

Minseok puts his hand on Luhan’s waist, he has the urge to pull him closer, hold the thin body thightly but Minseok doesn’t move. Luhan has closed his eyes and Minseok stares at the gorgeous face for a painful minute before he closes his eyes as well. He’s aware that when he wakes up, things will be different but he just wants to embrace all the things he can get right now before everything changes.



***

A comment would be very welcome :)