Case 007

Case 007

☭ -

The rain pattered down like heavy tears, hitting the ground with loud splats.

Aarrow-10x10.pngstrike of lightning flashes, thunder echoing around the room.

It wasn’t exactly packed, only aarrow-10x10.png few items here and there.

There was no need for fancy furniture, actually, having that the ownerarrow-10x10.png doesn’t even get to stay there for long periods.

It was then, the phone rings, sound piercing throughout the room.

A figure takes his approach towards the phone, hair still soaked from his previous shower.

He picks up the phone, a deep exhale leaving his lips.

“Hello?”

“No time for bull, I just need one, that’s all.”

“I’m listening.”

“There’s one person that I’ve been grudging on for months now. He… He’s the reason my parents are dead, that I’m all alone now. That bastard… He deserves this.”

“I don’t give a , just get to the point, who is it?”

“His name is Luhan. I’ll send you the details later.”

“Wait, when-“

And the line cuts off, leaving the male in a daze, and he heaves yet another sigh.

“Well, back to workarrow-10x10.png.”

And with that, he grabs the required equipment, leaving the place after.

Wasting time is a definitely no on his list, and so, workarrow-10x10.png begins right about now.

People don’t kill themselves.

Efficiency IS important to Oh Sehun after all.

☭ -

The sun seeps through the crack between the curtains, illuminating the room with a bright glow.

It reveals a body, hiding under the covers, tangled brown locks peeking out from the top.

The person groans, shooting straight up in aarrow-10x10.png sitting position, eyes squinting straight at the clock in front of him.

He rubs his eyes, soon breaking into aarrow-10x10.png grin.

He shoots his gaze back on the clock, cackling menacingly.

“I BEAT YOU TODAY MR.RINGALING. YOU WON’T GET ME.”

With that, he prances out of bed, shuffling towards the bathroom.

After aarrow-10x10.png good hour, Luhan heads down to the kitchen to prepare his breakfast, a bright smile kept plastered on his lips.

The house was quiet, not a single sound to be heard, other than the clanking of spatula to pan.

The time taken to prepare the meal wasn’t exactly long, with Luhan placing the finished set on the dining table with a thud. 

He grins, giving himself a pat on the shoulder for a jobarrow-10x10.png well done.

It was then the doorbell rings, and Luhan perks up almost immediately.

Visitors? How rare.

It wasn’t that Luhan didn’t have friends, it was just that his friends didn’t bother ringing the doorbell if all they did was barge in and yell,

“LUHAN I’M HUNGRY.”

Or

“LUHAN I NEED YOUR HELP.”

OR

“LUHAN MIND IF I BORROW AN UNDERWEAR? I’M OUT.”

Maybe that last one’s only Jongdae, maybe.

Another rings sounds around the house, and Luhan dashes for the door.

“Coming Coming.”

☭ -

Sehun gazes at the house presented before him, an annoyed cluck following after.

His exact instructions were detailed, clearly stating,

“He’s looking for aarrow-10x10.png housemate at the moment, and so you are to stay with him, update me on his life. Besides, it makes things easier too. I’ll pay you loads, just do your jobarrow-10x10.png.”

Honestly, it sounded creepy.

The client’s practically asking for him to stalk the guy, and it gave Sehun the shivers.

He didn’t quite like dragging the time needed before he officially pulls the trigger to kill his victim, but if its requirements from his client, he would have to follow.

He rings the doorbell, suitcase kept In hand.

To be quite frank, it probably contains about 2/3 weaponry and information on his victim.

He’d better keep it hidden well, especially the mark on his nape.

He should have chosen aarrow-10x10.png different place to get marked, what aarrow-10x10.png stupid idea to have it on his neck.

After aarrow-10x10.png good moment of thinking, Sehun pushes the doorbell, awaiting aarrow-10x10.png response.

After minutes (Seconds actually, Sehun IS impatient after all), Sehun pushes the doorbell once again, frowning.

Then came aarrow-10x10.png small voice from the insidearrow-10x10.png, and Sehun sighs.

Here goes nothing.

The rattling of the locks could be heard before the door swings open, revealing a petite male, standing by the door and blinking.

☭ -

Wow.

Luhan was bewildered, though he wasn’t quite sure whether it was because of the fact that a stranger was standing right before him or the fact that the stranger was hot.

Like hot.

“How may I… help you?” He mutters, voice almost inaudible.

“I’m here to apply as your new housemate, if you don’t mind, that is.”

“Oh no no, not at all.”

Damn, why wouldn’t he want to have a guy like THIS in his house?

Luhan steps aside, allowing the stranger space to enter.

“You’re Luhan, I presume?”

Luhan feels his heart jump at the sound of his name leaving those foreign lips, it was rather weird.

“Well, yes. What’s your name?”

“Oh Sehun. Any instruction? Rules? That I have to follow?”

“Well, just pay half the bills, and just, take good care of the place.” Luhan chirps, beaming.

Sehun simply nods, heading up the stairs.

“Which one’s my room?” He asks, eyes scanning down the hallway.

“Well, the one further down, to the right.”

“Alright, I’ll be working. Oh and one thing.”

Sehun pushes the door open, turning to stare at Luhan with a piercing gaze, giving the other a sense of uneasiness.

“NEVER enter my room, no matter for what reason, don’t you dare lay a hand on my door.” Sehun orders, shutting his door after.

Luhan gapes, frowning.

So much for first impression

☭ -

It’s been at least a week since the first day they’ve met, though it seems as though nothing’s actually changed to Luhan.

He hardly sees Sehun, because the younger’s either coped up in his room or maybe even outside, doing god knows what.

Luhan worries for the male sometimes, I mean, he seemed so innocent.

Each day, Luhan wakes up to the screeching of his alarm clock, and he heads down to see breakfast already made and ready on the table.

Sehun could cook, he’d have a say to that.

After a long day in work, Luhan comes home, but by then, Sehun’ll be in his room, probably working.

The only time they actually shared at least 10 minutes in a room together would be during dinner, though, the air always seems tense.

To Luhan, at least.

He steals glance at the other, slowly taking in his every feature.

Sehun always looks so relaxed, doing things as if Luhan weren’t there.

“Would you stop staring?”

That was the first proper sentence he said after their first meeting.

And it was at that moment, Luhan swore to hate on the male for eternity.

☭ -

 

“I SWEAR GUYS HE’S A . A I TELL YOU.”

“Corrections, he HAS a . Isn’t that all that matter?” Jongdae snorts, slinging an arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders.

“No, Luhan clearly has problems socialising with walls, because he’s so used to putting up with your crap. And get you clothed hand off my property.” Chanyeol hisses, pushing Jongdae off the coach.

Jongdae lets out a snort, moving his hands back to himself.

“Why do you have to be so mean?” He groans, raising his hand up to his eye-level, sighing.

“I regret it, really. Putting it there.”

“You’d better. It’s the dumbest thing you’ve done. Now it’ll hunt you for life.” Baekhyun states, sighing.

Jongdae shrugs, grinning.

“Well I don’t care.”

“Though it’s a really stupid place to have it, really.” Chanyeol sighs, shaking his head

“I swear to god Chanyeol, speak one more ing time and I’ll amputate your bean sized .”

“No worries Jongdae, one day, it’ll sprout to be a huge carnivorous plant that’ll eat you alive.”

“Don’t touch me with something you’ve used for other things.”

It was the weekend, and Sehun was out all afternoon.

Luhan was about, ABOUT, to knock out unconscious from the boredom when the trio came barging in like nobody’s business.

Baekhyun shook his head, ignoring the two before shifting his gaze back on Luhan.

“Look, Luhan, just ignore that . I mean, you have US, isn’t that all you need?” Baekhyun says, grinning as he nuzzled against his boyfriend, earning a bright grin from the tall male.”

“Shut up Baek, all you’ll ever need is Chanyeol.”

“That’s actually true.” Chanyeol points out, Baekhyun nodding in agreement next to him.

“What about me?” Jongdae cackles, wriggling his eyebrows suggestively.

“No Jongdae, just no.” Luhan irks, tossing a cushion towards the other.

☭ -

 

Sehun was stunned beyond belief.

“Luhan looks NOTHING like a killer, NOTHING.” He exclaims, frowning as he stares at the glass he had in hand.

“Now now Sehun, no need to assume so quickly.” Jongin coos, arms wrapped around his boyfriend’s waist.

“Yeah, who knows, he might secretly be a e.” Kyungsoo adds, leaning back into Jongin’s hold.

“That guy looks like he’s ready to poop out rainbows, and he’ll probably bleed glitter when that bullet goes through his heart.” Sehun snorts, plopping down next to Minseok, who shakes his head.

“That’s what you thought of me as well, but look who I am now.” Minseok reasons, gesturing a wrapped up hand towards himself.

“Sehun, people will see us as an ordinary bunch but really, we’re assassins, we KILL for a living.” Jongin explains, nuzzling Kyungsoo’s neck.

“Never judge someone from their looks, you’ll have to get to know them better.” Kyungsoo says, shivering slightly.

“That tickles Jongin.”

Sehun heaves a deep sigh, rubbing his temples.

“I’ll just want to get this done once and for all.”

☭ -

Here they were once again, eating silently.

Luhan couldn’t help but steal glances towards the other.

Hey, his looks were addicting alright.

“Your stare is making me feel uneasy.”

Luhan flinches, blinking.

“O-Oh, sorry.”

“If you have something to say, say it.”

“No, it’s nothing really.” Luhan mumbles, stuffing himself with the food.

Sehun chokes a brow, shooting up from his seat once he was done.

“Well, thank you for the meal.” He says, turning to place the dish in the sink.

Just as he was about to dump it in, the spoon slips down and onto the floor, and Sehun frowns.

He kneels down, picking it up swiftly.

It was at that moment when Luhan catches sight of something on Sehun’s nape, and he blinks.

It seems to be a symbol, with a few letters printed along with it

Sehun gets up just before Luhan could make out the words, and that was enough to get Luhan frowning.

That’s a weird place to put that…

☭ -

Luhan lays in the bathtub, staring up at the ceiling with a sigh.

He couldn’t stop thinking about the mark.

Why did Sehun have it?

It fills Luhan’s head, and Luhan tries to avoid the clear answer.

And just then, the lights went out.

☭ -

Sehun stands by the door, seeming to not be noticed by the male in the tub.

He had broken in (clearly) and he’s decided to get his work done.

He held the gun in his gloved hand, eyeing the other’s back.

He shifts his gaze up at the light, and he frowns.

If he were to make a sudden movement to get to a proper stance, his shadow could be seen, and he’d rather not be noticed.

To have fear shown on a victim’s face would be something hard to handle.

If he were to shoot them and have an instant death, he could assume it as a suicide.

Well, easy solution.

He’s done it plenty of times before, switch off the lights, shoot the victim, place the gun by the tub, and leave.

He always got away with it.

Though, he didn’t exactly stay with the victim like how he did for Luhan, but him doing so made things easier.

Just imagine.

“I came home to find him in this state. It’s saddening, wahhh, sob sob. Do something officer, wail sobsob.”

Perfect.

Sehun reaches for the switch, flicking the switch off before officially being engulfed by darkness.

Sehun was used to working in the dark, I mean, he’s practically an expert in this.

He gets in his stance, raising his gun.

He could make out the rough outline of Luhan silhouette, and he grins.

Just perfect.

He positions his finger on the trigger, about to push back when he stops.

Was that… sobbing he hears?

He frowns, tilting his head.

This was creepy.

Was there a ghost?

Damn.

“No…”

Sehun snorts… silently.

It was just Luhan.

Wait…

LUHAN’S CRYING?

A MAN’S CRYING? BUT WHY?

“WHY ME!?!??! I HATE THE DARK!!!” Luhan wails, and the sound of splashing could be heard.

Sehun feels his eye twitching.

He couldn’t work… with his victim in such a state.

“I… don’t want to move. I’m scared…”

Sehun a brow.

Damn it Luhan are you a woman?

“Sehun…”

Sehun’s eyes grew wide.

Did he just call for me?

“Sehun, you god damned bastard, if there’s a blackout, do something about it you .” Luhan hisses, and Sehun gapes.

You son of a-

“If not, at least come over here and help me out, you idiot…” Luhan mutters, sighing.

Sehun drops his hand back to his side, rubbing his temples with gritted teeth.

This actually has the cheek to make such wishes.

He grins.

How cute.

With that, he stores the gun somewhere hidden, pushing that door open.

All he had to do now was to pretend that he’d just entered the bathroom.

Yes, that’s about right.

The light from the outside illuminates the bathroom, and Luhan whips his head around.

“S-Sehun!!!”

“I heard you crying, what happe-“

“SEHUN THE BULB EXPLODED AND NOW IT’S DARK I CAN’T SEE PLEASE STAY WITH ME UNTIL I’M DONE.”

….

“What?”

☭ -

In the end, Sehun had to spend a good 10 minutes standing by the door, staring into the dark blankly.

He has to constantly withstand hearing the non-stop questions poured onto him, like,

“Sehun are you there?”

“Sehun you’d better be there.”

“Sehun where’s the towel?”

“You’d… better not look.”

“I swear if you do… I’ll stab you with the toothbrush.”

Sehun had to hold in the urge to snort and snicker, rolling his eyes.

Cute indeed.

☭ -

“I swear Jongin, he’s nothing like a killer.”

“Really Sehun?” Jongin yawns, taking a sip from his drink.

“Really, I mean, he ing cried in the dark.”

“Well, I don’t see a problem. I’d cry if I saw Kyungsoo with another man. See, men do cry Sehun.”

“You’re not a man, Jongin.”

“Shut the up Sehun, I’m trying to help you here.”

“Trying, you say.”

“Hey, that’s a lot of effort.”

Sehun scowls, stirring his coffee leisurely.

“Oh, you know that guy I look up to? XiNah, is it?”

“Yeah, what about him?” Sehun murmurs, clearly not interested in the topic.

“Well, I heard he was a real good assassin. He manages to attack even in lighted areas. I mean, he does it without getting caught.” Jongin says, frowning.

“He’s really sneaky.”

“You haven’t even met him.” Sehun pointed, leaning back in his seat.

“Yeah, I wish I could, but he’s been gone for ages, if only he’d show himself. I heard he’s on a break.”

“So you still have your chance to meet your idol huh.”

“I guess.” Jongin grins, wriggling his eyebrows.

Sehun scoffs, shaking his head.

“Wait till I tell Kyungsoo.”

☭ -

Sehun releases a deep sigh, eyeing his phone unamused.

“Keep an eye on him, give me every detail, every happening.”

Was what the message read.

The client didn’t state anything.

His name, nothing.

All Sehun knew about him was the fact that he was a man with a screw left loose somewhere.

He was crazy, mental about wanting Luhan dead.

Sehun didn’t see what there was to hate about the boy.

He was innocent and sweet, kind at heart and gentle.

How could he have killed anyone?

Each time Sehun sees him, he softens just by a mere gesture, like his smile.

Luhan never failed to make Sehun feel at home, even with just his presence alone.

Sehun felt like a creep.

It wasn’t hard to notice Luhan’s desperate attempts to get to spend time with Sehun.

I mean, each time Luhan gets home, he’ll burst through the doors (Sehun hears him) panting.

Then he’ll say,

“Damn I’m too late. is in his room again.”

Sehun would grit his teeth, eyebrow twitching with a tiny bit of rage burning within him.

That . It’s not my fault I have to stay hidden in this room. Why not I kill you now?

Though, there were the weekends so far, when Luhan would be home, off from work.

Sehun doesn’t know how, but Luhan always ends up missing Sehun’s return and only appears when Sehun’s already nestled in his room.

And when Sehun heads down for dinner, he’ll yell,

“SINCE WHEN DID YOU GET HOME?! WHY DIDN’T I CATCH YOU?!”

Sehun would just scoff, shaking his head.

“You’re just too slow, that’s why.”

Though Sehun had to admit, it was cute.

Really cute.

The fact that Luhan was trying so hard, and for the fact that he was actually listening to what Sehun said on their first meeting.

“NEVER enter my room, no matter for what reason, don’t you dare lay a hand on my door.”

Sehun lets out a chuckle, twirling the pen he had in his hold.

It was then his phone rings, and Sehun frowns, staring at the ID.

It was a number he has never seen before.

Maybe it was his client, using a different phone.

Maybe.

He picks it up, choosing to stay silent.

There was silence on the other end as well.

“…”

“Hello?” Came a voice, but Sehun swore he has never heard it before.

“Who are you?”

“…”

“Hello-“

“FOR S SAKE IF YOU HAD BEEN ON THE LINE THE WHOLE TIME AT LEAST SAY SOMETHING YOU ER.”

Sehun blinks, taken about by the outburst before frowning.

“Who the are you exactly?”

“I’m Jongdae, Luhan’s with me, and apparently he’s unconscious. So I need you to come pick him up. You’re his housemate right? Sehun.”

Unconscious?

Sehun recalls the other leaving, and has never heard of his return.

And it was already nearing midnight.

Sehun was still awake because he…

Was worried?

No, I couldn’t be.

They had just met.

“What happened to him?” He asks, getting up from his seat before leaving his room.

“Well, we were at the club, and this idiot decided to take more shots than he could take, and collapsed after running around the streets aimlessly. he’s a runner when he’s drunk. Do you know how much weight I probably lost from this? I can be a female model. Whatever just come quickly, we’re at the park close to street xxx. I don’t want to stay with this crazed lunatic for any longer. I’ve had enough running for a day.”

Sehun lets out a hum in response, trudging out of the house once he’s hung up.

He makes his way towards the destination, eyes scanning around for Luhan and that Jongdae guy.

He didn’t need to know how Jongdae looked like, all he needed to find was the familiar silhouette of his housemate.

He soon spots two figures in a distance, and he rushes over with a sigh.

What a troublesome housemate.

Jongdae looks up upon sensing another presence, hissing.

“Took you long enough.”

Sehun parts his lips, about to argue when Jongdae raises his hand, tossing Luhan’s limp body towards the other.

“Save your words for another time, I’m exhausted beyond my limits. I’m leaving.”

Sehun snorts, lifting Luhan up bridal-style, sighing.

“Thank you.” He mutters, turning to head off.

He hears a chuckle come from the male behind him, but chooses to ignore it.

☭ -

Sehun plops the older down on the bed, rubbing his temples.

The journey back home was a tough one, although the distance was short.

Luhan had been kicking around and flailing the whole way, mumbling about how he wanted to eat cupcakes.

Sehun could only keep silent, heaving deep exhales here and there.

He eyes the male on the bed, eyebrows still kept pinched together.

He turns, leaving the room before once again returning with a bowl of warm water along with a small towel.

He didn’t know much about how he should care for a drunk person, but he did hear about this method somewhere.

He takes his place by the edge of the bed, soaking the towel in the water before wrinkling the excess out.

He folds it nicely, placing it on Luhan’s forehead after.

He releases a sigh, turning to the bowl.

He couldn’t possibly kill Luhan right now, huh?

Or could he?

He gets up to his feet, heading out the door before stepping into his room.

He takes a look around, spotting his gun lying on the table top.

He heads for it, snatching it from its place and strolling back to Luhan’s room.

He couldn’t help but feel that something wasn’t right when he noticed the gun lying on his desk, he just couldn’t understand why.

He stops once he was standing next to the bed, staring down at the petite boy with piercing eyes.

If he killed him then, he could proceed on with his life.

He would get another victim, and increase the profit he earns.

He would be forget about everything they’ve been through together, but…

Would he be able to forget the guilt he feels after?

That, he has never thought of.

He would never feel guilt for anyone, let alone Luhan.

Luhan was just another one of his prey, he was nothing.

Nothing, at all.

“I didn’t mean it…”

Sehun eyes widened the moment he hears Luhan speak, and his body tenses.

Was he waking up?

“It was my fault… I deserve it…”

Sehun kneels down, placing the gun down on the floor.

Maybe if he placed it there for a while-

“Sehun?”

Sehun shoots his head up, feeling a shiver run down his spine when he locks gazes with Luhan.

This was weird.

From the flushed state of the other, Sehun knew he was still drunk.

just how many shots did this kid take?

“Sehun… It was my fault they died.”

Sehun felt his heart thump, and he gulps.

He really… did it?

“I feel so bad… They died before my very eyes… Sehun… It’s my fault…”

He… killed them?

“I should have… done something.”

“I deserve death, punishment… I deserve them all…”

Sehun frowns, millions of thoughts filling his mind.

Though, the next words, indeed caught him off guard.

“I deserve to die, Sehun.”

☭ -

Sehun wakes up the next day, a deep sigh leaving his lips.

The idiots whom he actually calls his ‘friends’ were busy that morning, they called him the night before in a conference call, claiming that they had things to do.

He wasn’t interest to know with what exactly, but they pissed him so bad.

“What the hell am I supposed to do then? You ers.”

“Go play with your housemate, that’s what, -face. It’s only till’ noon.”

Those ers…

Sehun heads off, preparing himself for the long morning ahead.

☭ -

Luhan opens his eyes, frowning almost immediately.

His head was throbbing, and his body felt weak.

It feels as if I’ve been exercising for the whole day yesterday…

If only he knew.

He pushes himself out of bed, heading for the bathroom to wash up.

He makes his way down to the kitchen, surprise to see the dining table empty.

Sehun didn’t cook today? Damn his cooking is great.

It wasn’t that Luhan couldn’t cook, he just loved how flawless Sehun’s food seemed to taste.

And that was the only thing that made him feel like he was close to the younger male.

He starts preparing his meal, humming softly.

Once done, he places the plate on the table, along with the cutleries, heading for the sink after.

He places the pan in, sighing.

He must have gotten drunk last night, to have such a hangover.

He knew himself well, he said weird things when he’s drunk.

Especially… the incident.

He feels his heart drop just thinking about it.

That tragic accident…

If only… he could turn back time.

He would change it…

“What’s this? Nothing for me? To think I prepared breakfast for you all this while.”

Luhan whips his head around, brushing his finger against the steaming pan whilst doing so.

He winces, immediately running his finger under the running water.

“That’s probably the house ghost punishing you for not making a share for your generous housemate.” Sehun sighs, making his way towards the dining table.

“WHO SAYS SOMETHING LIKE THAT ABOUT THEMSELVES YOU BASTARD?!”

“You’re raising the water bills if you keep using the tap like that you know?”

“I DON’T NEED YOU TELLING ME.”

Sehun chuckles, taking a seat in front of (Luhan’s) meal.

“Thank you for the food.”

…..

“I’LL KILL YOU SEHUN….”

☭ -

Sehun blinks, eyeing the store in front of him.

“Is this your way of punishing me? By dragging me to a bubble tea store?”

Luhan hisses, standing in line.

“Be grateful I didn’t end up smacking you with the pan I had in my grasp.”

“What’s so good about this anyway?”

Luhan gasps, mouth falling open as he shook the life out of Sehun.

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?!”

“Keep it down, you’re gaining attention.”

“I DON’T CARE, YOU’RE DRINKING SOMETHING.”

“No, really it’s ok-“

“SHUT UP, I’LL MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND WHY IT’S GOOD.”

Sehun decides not to speak any further, allowing Luhan to do as he pleased.

He didn’t quite understand how their relationship got into this, but to him, it’s quite dangerous.

Even so, he couldn’t find the heart to hurt the latter.

After hearing the words from the night before, Sehun couldn’t help but be disturbed.

He wanted to ask, to confirm his curiosities but he holds himself back.

He shouldn’t, he couldn’t.

It would only make them closer than ever before, he knew it.

His thoughts were interrupted when a bubble tea was shoved against his chest, and he fumbles to catch it before it fell.

“What-“

“Its chocolate flavoured, I didn’t know what else I could get, but no one could possibly hate chocolate right?” Luhan explains simply, blinking and he drank a sip from his own.

Sehun frowns, pointing towards Luhan’s cup.

“Why is yours purple? It’s disturbing.”

Luhan snorts, growling.

“Your face is disturbing. This is Taro, my favourite.” Luhan answers, smiling ever so slightly.

Sehun feels a wave of ease wash over him, and he chuckles.

“You must like bubble tea huh?”

Luhan nods, grinning as they slowly made their way back to the house.

“You know, you should smile more often.”

Sehun frowns, turning towards the older.

“What is that supposed to mean?”

Luhan presses his lips in a thin line, raising a finger to press against the centre of Sehun’s forehead.

“You frown too much, you idiot. You’ll get wrinkles.”

Sehun snorts, bringing the drink up to his lips.

“Doesn’t matter.”

He takes a sip, and for the first time, he loved how the sweetness seems to be almost perfect, amusing his taste buds.

“How is it?” Luhan asks, squinting his eyes.

“It’s good. I’ll take this treat as a repayment for yesterday. You were a hassle to bring home when you’re taken over by alcohol.”

Luhan chokes, blinking rapidly.

“YOU BROUGHT ME HOME?!’

Sehun chews on the pearls, humming in content.

“Yeah, what do you expect?”

Luhan feels the blood rushing to his cheeks, and he diverts his gaze away.

“I-I didn’t say anything weird… Did I?”

Sehun couldn’t help but remember the night’s incident, eyes shifting to stare at the path ahead.

“Nothing, Luhan.”

He sighs.

“Nothing at all.”

☭ -

Luhan slumps down on the coach, letting out a whine.

He was alone once again.

Sehun went out hours ago, claiming to be meeting a friend.

Luhan was bored out of his mind, and he didn’t know what he could do.

It was then a sudden thought hits him, and he recalls the mark he’s seen on Sehun’s nape.

Uneasiness fills the every inch of his body, and he sighs.

He sits up, turning to gaze at a certain door.

He gets up, heading straight for Sehun’s room.

He stops once he’s in front of the door, pursing his lips.

He pushes the door open, swallowing thickly.

What if he actually has a motion sensor? Or a camera? He’ll kill me if he finds out.

Though, it wasn’t like it was the first time…

He scans the room, noticing how normal it had seemed.

It was definitely neater than he had expected, with a well-arranged bed along with a neat pile of books by the side.

He makes his way over to the table, biting down on his lip.

He shouldn’t, but…

He pulls the drawers open, and his eyes grew wide.

This discovery… it couldn’t be.

A piece of paper, kept hidden under a folder.

On the folder, it read, 

"CASE 007"

Luhan pulls the paper out slowly, and his breath hitches at the sight.

Loads of information printed on the front, and it was all about him.

Right on the top left hand corner, was his picture, and he feels fear grab him in the throat.

Name: Luhan

Age: 25

Gender: Male

Address: xxx City, xxx street, No.xxxx

Occupation: Currently a worker in a café

Status: Single

Family status: None

The list went on, everything Luhan could possibly know.

He was being researched on… But why?

He didn’t bother researching on what Sehun was working as, being coped up all the time.

He understood the younger.

To see his profile kept under the folder named “Victim Profile”, he didn’t know what to feel.

Scared, angry, betrayed.

What should he be feeling exactly?

He should have known… He should have.

He shouldn’t feel anything… He should have known.

“What are you doing here?”

☭ -

Sehun heaves a sigh, pushing the house door open.

He enters, shutting the door behind him.

Those ing idiots, what the hell do they have to do that’s so important anyway? I don’t recall any of them having a case at the moment.

He heads up the stairs sighing.

He stops the moment he spots something unusual in a distance.

His room door, open.

He frowns, striding over.

He comes to a halt in the doorway, eyes fixed on a certain male in the room, hand clutching on a piece of paper.

“What are you doing here?” He asks, the air tensing up almost immediately.

“What am I doing here… huh?” Luhan murmurs, voice so soft Sehun could hardly catch the words.

“I told you not to-“

“So what? I won’t find this?”

Sehun pauses, lips running dry.

“Why didn’t you kill me earlier, Sehun? Is there a reason?”

Sehun approaches the other, needing to speak up but he couldn’t find the right words to say.

“Luhan, I-“

“You were sent to kill me, weren’t you?” Luhan spoke, voice strangely calm.

Sehun shifts his gaze down on the paper Luhan had in hand, his lips.

He couldn’t back down, he couldn’t.

This was his victim for god’s sake, he could easily kill him if he wanted.

“Well, I don’t suppose you’ll have a problem with that? You were telling me how much you deserved to die just last night. So that makes my job all the more easier, doesn’t it?” He says, scoffing.

There was silence in the air, Sehun chose not to show it, but he was feeling strangely nervous.

“Maybe that’s true. I do deserve to die.” Came a reply that Sehun didn’t quite like at all.

“But I won’t die in your hands, Sehun. Just having that thought disgusts me.”

Sehun feels his breath come to a complete stop, eyes wide.

Had he heard right?

Luhan places the paper down, turning to face Sehun with an unreadable expression.

Just seeing that… gave Sehun the shudders.

The dark aura that revolves around the other, it wasn’t right.

Sehun couldn’t bring himself to move, but whether to explain himself to Luhan or to kill him, he didn’t know.

“Leave this place Sehun, I don’t want to see a single item of yours when I get back.” He says, brushing past Sehun and heading straight for the door.

“Tell your client that it’s fine, I’ll do your job for you. I’ll kill myself soon enough.”

“Just not right now.”

And with that, he disappears from Sehun’s sight.

☭ -

It has been days seen the incident.

Sehun never came back, and not a single thing was left behind.

The house felt empty again, and Luhan hated it.

Why do I feel this way? That came just so he could kill me.

I’m stupid… thinking only for the good… I should have known.

 Luhan heaves a sigh, rolling to his side on the coach.

Maybe I should get bubble tea… Yeah.

With that, he shoots up, exiting the house and towards the store.

Once he’s bought his drink, he makes his way around the streets, humming.

It been a while since he’s been out of the house and wondering on his own free will, how good did it feel.

It was then he feels a tap on his shoulder, and he turns.

His eyes widened at the sight of a person he had least expected to see.

He didn’t know whether to feel relieved or afraid.

It was a mess, he felt his world crash at the sight.

“Hey, long time no see.”

☭ -

Here they were, sitting in the café Luhan worked in.

The air was tense, awkwardness filling in.

Luhan mentally curses himself for giving in to the offer of ‘catching-up’ with the other.

He still hasn’t gotten over the accident, especially after hearing the last words the other told him.

“So how were you, Luhan?” The males asks, smiling.

“I’ve been fine.”

“You still seem upset, what’s wrong?”

“Say… Joonwook.”

Joonwook hums, indicating his acknowledgement.

“Aren’t you… angry with me?”

The older of the two lets out a chuckle, giving Luhan a light ruffle on the hair.

“The past’s the past, Luhan, no worries.”

Luhan feels his heart ease at the words, but he couldn’t help but feel…

Uneasy, somewhere inside.

Besides, he was probably the reason why this man’s parents died.

☭ -

The day was well spent with Joonwook, they caught up a lot, and even laughed together at times.

Luhan felt… relieved, again.

There were just like how they were before the accident took place.

He felt so happy.

“Hey Luhan, mind if we meet a friend of mine? I’d want you to meet him. Though, he likes hanging out at weird places, you don’t mind right?” Joonwook asks, offering a warm smile.

Luhan shook his head, chuckling.

“Why would I? Whoever’s your friends is mine.”

They then proceeded down the street, Luhan following close.

The sun had set, and the moon took its place up in the sky.

The night was silent, with the sounds of dogs barking and a few cars passing in the main street close by.

Joonwook took a right turn into an alley, and Luhan halted immediately.

Memories flashed back into his mind.

The older took steps back, blinking.

“I told you he loves hanging out at weird places, don’t be afraid, come on.”

Luhan hesitates, but follows otherwise.

Something wasn’t right… something wasn’t right…

His thoughts were confirmed when he was pushed back against the wall, darkness hiding the menacing grin forming on the culprit’s face.

“Gotcha, .”

☭ -

Luhan lets out a hack, unable to sound out a word as the pressure on his neck increased.

“You didn’t actually believe that I’ll forgive you, did you?”

Luhan grits his teeth, struggling to get out of the deadly grip of the other.

“I lost my parents, and I blame you for it. You took my happiness away, you caused me my misery. So let’s just end you now, shall we?”

Luhan took in a breath, choking slightly.

“W-Why do this, Joonwook?” He croaks, letting out breathy pants.

“We both know the reason well enough, you’re a pained who deserves this. So let’s just end it quick, shall we?”

“Sad how I have to do this myself, after that ing assassin decided to back out.”

Luhan feels himself go dizzy, his brain slowly losing the sufficient amount of oxygen it needs.

Assassin, he says?

Unconsciousness was slowly kicking in, and Luhan feels the muzzle of a gun press against his hip.

“W-Where did you get that?” He questions, frowning.

Joonwook lets out a hysterical laugh, pressing the tip deeper into Luhan’s hips.

“How brave of you, to think of such a thing before you die.”

Luhan could feel it, his eyes were slowly blanking out.

“How about I shoot you on the hip, and leave you here to bleed to death. Your hips are nice Luhan, pity one side would end up losing the blood it needs.”

Luhan could feel the grip tightening and he gasps.

“Goodbye, dear friend.”

And with that, a gunshot was fired.

The sound echoes around the walls of the alley, drifting into the night.

Luhan feels a stinging pain at his hip, and he falls to the ground.

He hears the sound of footsteps fading away, followed by a soft thud.

Could Joonwook be leaving? Or was it just him losing his hearing?

It didn’t take long before he blanks out, a trail of blood trickling down his side.

☭ -

The male groans, light hitting him square in the face.

Something wasn’t right… Something wasn’t right…

He flutters his eyes open, scanning the place.

Luhan widens his eyes, shooting up, only to lay back down with a groan.

His hip hurts like hell, and he reaches a hand down, feeling the rough material of bandages around his abdomen.

He blinks when he hears a door open, and a figure enters, showing a soft smile.

“You’re awake.”

Luhan blinks, frowning.

“Where am I?”

“You’re in my place, don’t worry. I won’t hurt you.” The male says, heading towards Luhan with a tray.

“I brought you breakfast.”

Luhan turns to the window, gazing out.

The area outside was unfamiliar, he definitely was at a place he hasn’t been to before.

“My name’s Minseok. I’m a friend of Sehun’s.”

Sehun?

Luhan perks up, whipping his head to face the other.

It was then the night’s events came rushing back to him, and he coughs.

“Why… Am I alive?”

Minseok stares at him for a good second before bursting into laughter, only stopping after a good minute.

“I saved you, of course.”

“You did?” Luhan asks, disbelief visible in his eyes.

“Well, yeah. I mean, I was supposed to.”

“Why?”

Minseok grins, ruffling Luhan’s hair.

“Sehun told me to.”

Luhan couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

“If you’re wondering why that idiot didn’t save you himself, he said something about you hating him and like that. He’s an idiot I know.”

Minseok places the tray down on the night stand, humming.

“Minseok?” Came a voice from downstairs.

It was familiar.

Minseok grins, turning to head for the door.

“Someone’s here to see you, Luhan, you two talk well.”

“W-Wait.” Luhan blurts, and Minseok stops, facing Luhan with a blink.

“Yes?”

“Thank you.”

Minseok chuckles, winking.

“Save the thanks for someone else.”

☭ -

The air was tense, just like how it was the first they had dinner together.

“How’s your wound?” Sehun asks, face remaining stoic.

Luhan clears his throat, staring at the door ahead.

“It’s fine, better than before.”

“You’re lucky it’s not a serious wound. The bullet missed and brushed past you, only giving you a graze. Though, it was bleeding pretty badly. So much gauze was wasted just stopping it. You'll have to pay for that.”

So much for being a caring housemate, this bastard.

“What happened to Joonwook?”

“Minseok shot him. He’s in the hospital now. Minseok’s planning on making it a suicide case, he made it quite believable, actually.”

“But wouldn’t he remember?”

“Don’t worry, we know someone who can handle that problem.”

Luhan shivers, not quite liking the tone hidden behind that one sentence.

Silence fills the air.

“Why did you save me?”

A sigh was heard, and Luhan’s eye twitches.

Sighing again, this bastard.

“Because, I honestly didn’t see the reason as to why you should die. After all the time I’ve spent with you, I knew something was off. Someone like you, isn’t someone to kill without a reason. There must be a reason you got involved, you’re different from the other victims I had. I… I felt the need to protect you, Luhan.”

Luhan hums, pushing his knees up against his chest.

“Sorry to prob, but, what happened exactly, in the past, to get him to hate you this much?” Sehun asks, eyes fixated on the other.

“Well… I guess it doesn’t hurt to say…” Luhan mutters, gazing at the covers.

“It happened months back.”

FLASHBACK

Luhan took a stroll down the street, humming.

The night was still, not a single life around

He didn’t have work to do that day, and he was relieved.

He had fun for the whole day by himself, but even so, he felt contented.

He needed a break… from all the work.

He walks past an alley, where he hears a whimper.

It sounded so human… like a woman’s.

Luhan halts, turning to face the darkness.

It didn’t take long before his eyes adjusts to the darkness, and his eyes widened at the sight.

There stood three people he knew all too well.

Three people? That’s right.

Joonwook’s parents, kept captive in the hold of his colleague.

He feels body freeze, eyes locking with Joonwook’s mother.

Fear was visible in her eyes, tears flowing down her cheek.

“Luhan…” She mouths.

Luhan parts his lips, finding the last bit of his voice…

“Jongsuk… No don’t kill-“

A gunshot rang through the air, followed by a scream.

A second one followed, and Luhan gasps.

What used to be three people standing, alive breathing, now had a single living person, staring down at the dead bodies of people Luhan remembered to see each time he visited his best friend’s home.

Jongsuk turns, clearly shocked when he sees Luhan.

“Luhan, you look pale, what’s wrong?”

Luhan gapes, staring at the motionless bodies of Joonwook’s parents, heart aching at the sight.

“Luhan?”

“Jongsuk… Why?”

“What do you mean why? They’re my victims for this case. The rich family, the Kim family. The client’s probably a jealous enemy of theirs.”

“But they’re so famous, you’ll get hunted down.”

“That’s why… I leave their son to live. He’ll carry on the family’s name. And… I’m running into hiding.”

“IF YOU KNEW IT WOULD BE THIS TROUBLESOME, WHY DO IT?!”

“I’M BEING PAID A HUGE AMOUNT LUHAN, YOU WOULDN’T UNDERSTAND MY FINANCIAL CRISIS. I’M FREE TO KILL AS I PLEASE.”

Luhan was in a loss for words, only able to stare at the lifeless forms of the two people who had loved him like a son.

“Luhan?”

Luhan whips his head around, eyes widening at the sight of Joonwook.

“J-Joonwook. I can explain.”

“Luhan you-”

His eyes widened at the sight of his parent’s bodies, along with another man, gun in his hand.

Jongsuk lets out an annoyed cluck of his tongue, dashing off and disappearing into the darkness.

Luhan was left behind, tears welling up in his eyes.

“Joonwook, believe me, it wasn’t me-“

Joonwook shot him a glare, breathing heavily.

“You only watched them… as they got murdered?”

“Joonwook I tried, but I couldn’t mov-“

“You… You didn’t save them, because the killer was just like you are.”

“Joonwook-“

“It’s your fault.”

“Joonwook no please listen-“

“Don’t worry Luhan, I won’t mention you to the police.”

Luhan was shocked, tear rolling down his cheek as he watched Joonwook grab hold of a wooden plank laying nearby.

“Because I’ll get rid of you myself.”

With that, he was knocked out unconscious, the last thing he hears being the sounds of sirens.

END OF FLASHBACK

“And when I woke up, I was in the hospital, head bandaged. I was depressed, I couldn’t take the guilt, and went to tell the police what I did back then, how I was involved during that incident, but they didn’t take my words, saying to have closed the case. They caught Jongsuk, hung him, and said Jongsuk claimed to not have any assistance offered to him. He even told them that he was the one who knocked me unconscious with the plank.  I guess Joonwook told him to say so, or he’ll mention about me. Jongsuk… was a good friend, Sehun. He didn’t want me to get involved, but it cost him his life.”

Sehun sat by the side, listening.

It was then it struck him.

“Jongsuk… he said Joonwook’s parents were his victims. What does that mean?”

“He was an assassin.”

Sehun frowns, and then another thought hit him.

“Joonwook said your two were… the same. What does-“

“You’re slow Sehun.”

Sehun eyes grew wide, and he felt the world around him stop.

Luhan? Assassin? No…

“Is this a joke?” Sehun breathes out, frown deepening.

“Of course not, how did you think I’d know who you were Sehun.”

“You- WHAT?!”

“Yes, you idiot. I knew you were an assassin the moment I saw the mark on your neck. Say that’s a stupid place to put your mark.”

Sehun gapes, still in a state of shock.

“Then, why didn’t you kick me out?”

“Well, I didn’t think you were there to kill me, I didn’t want to believe it. Even after finding your gun and placing it back on your desk, I didn’t want to think about the worst.”

Sehun… didn’t believe a single thing he hears.

No.

“No. Someone like you, can’t be an assassin. I didn’t see a mark on your when you were bathing.”

“Mine’s on my thigh, that’s why. I don’t suppose you saw that much of me…. Did you?”

Sehun still couldn’t believe him.

“But, you’re working in a café, and I didn’t find anything about you being an assassin when I searched you up.”

“Sehun… After all this time of being an assassin, I’m sure you’re aware that our profiles are kept low. And I’m on a break now. Ever since the incident, I decided to quit, along with my bunch, but our boss didn’t let us, he said he’ll give us a break, and once our decision’s final and our minds were cleared, we’ll find him again.”

“By boss do you mean Yifan?”

“Kris, yes.”

Sehun heaves a sigh, rubbing his temples.

There was so much to process.

Damn.

“Really though Sehun, that’s a stupid place to put your mark. You idiot.”

☭ -

Days passed since the day Luhan confessed about his identity.

He even left his job in the café, having decided his choice.

Yifan eyes the four standing before him, frowning.

“That was a long break.”

Jongdae snorts, crossing his arms.

“Hello to you too, boss.”

Yifan shoots him a look, growling.

Jongin stood by the side, clearly amused.

“Guess we were right about the kid. He wasn’t someone we had expect.”

“So what are your answers?” Yifan asks, leaning against the door of his office.

“Well, we’ve decided to come back, I mean, we’ve been bored out of our minds. And now that that crazed man’s (Joonwook) promised not to mention a word and had been sent away to a hospital in America to get properly treated, I don’t see why not?”

“He- Wait. WHAT?! HOW?!” Luhan screeches, flailing, and Minseok grins.

“We’ll have to thank Zitao for the first part, and Joonmyun for the Second.”

Luhan was in a daze, blinking.

“So I guess, that’s settled.” Yifan says, clasping his hands and waving his hands.

“Off to your respective places, I’ve already placed your equipment.”

“You knew we’d come back all this while.” Luhan hisses, eye twitching.

“Of course. I know everything.” Yifan cackles, with Baekhyun and Chanyeol gagging by the side.

Yifan pushes the door to his office open, pausing before turning his head.

“Oh and.”

He grins, saluting.

“Welcome back.”

☭ -

Luhan heaves a sigh, sitting in his booth.

It’s been a while.

He lifts his gun, smiling.

Their headquarters were located in a building far from town, somewhere secluded.

It was well hidden from the crowd, and it was a good thing they haven’t been caught.

Luhan leans his head back, shutting his eyes with a sigh.

He looks up, opening his eyes, only to screech when his face meets another.

He falls off his chair, groaning.

“SEHUN YOU BASTARD.”

“Hey, it’s not my fault you shut your eyes in the first place.”

Luhan hisses, staring daggers at the younger.

“Hey, can I ask one thing?” Sehun hums, leaning against Luhan’s desk.

“What is it?” Luhan snaps, rubbing his bum.

“Why does Jongdae wear that black hand thing? Isn’t that what fighters usually use to wrap their hands with before they go for fights?”

Luhan sits back down on his seat, sighing.

“Well, just like you, that idiot decided to put his mark on his *opisthenar. So he hides it by wrapping his hand.”

(*Opisthenar: The back of the hand)

Sehun blinks, rubbing his nape, right where his mark was.

“Hm, interesting. He’s just like Minseok.”

Luhan turns to said male, noticing how he too, had a hand wrapped in black cloth.

“That’s true.” Luhan blinks.

“What a coincidence.”

Sehun chuckles, shrugging.

“Maybe it isn’t.”

Luhan frowns, placing his gun back in its case.

“Don’t confuse me, idiot.”

“Is there anything else NICE you can call me other ‘bastard’ and ‘idiot’?”

“Nope, none.”

Sehun shoots Luhan with a glare, sighing after.

“Whatever, let’s go.”

Sehun pulls a confused Luhan up from his seat, heading for the exit.

“W-Wait- Where to you- Hey, hey, YOU BASTARD THIS IS KIDNAPPING.”

“Shut up already.”

“Where are we going?!”

Sehun turns to Luhan, smiling.

“Let’s get some bubble tea, what do you say?”

Luhan didn’t see why he should reject such an offer.

He did love bubble tea after all.

How nice it felt, to have company to share his favourite drink with.

…..

“By the way, Luhan.”

“What is it?”

“I’m moving back in.”

“Don’t make decisions on your own, you idiot.”

☭ -

 

 

 

 

 

 

How was it? I'm sorry if its er... dissappointing. Kill me if you want to. weeps.