fin

Sudden Confession from Mr. Monkey slash Kim Jongin?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'M GOING TO SCHOOL NOW~" She hollered as she took a toast from the plate before stuffing it into .

"STUDY WELL, NINI~!" Her mom replied from the kitchen.

"Stop calling me Nini, mom! I'm not four years old anymore!" She whined while tying her shoelace.

"Aw, but you're still my baby Nini~" Her mom said and giggled afterwards. Her mom decided to make a sudden visit last night. She stayed in her apartment for the night because it was raining heavily and her mom couldn't find any cab to go home. Hani live alone in her apartment since it was near her school.

She was never the type who wears makeup. She came to school bare-faced, only with a thin lip balm to prevent a pair of dry lips. She was not the type who care about her image and all but that was what people find her attractive.

"Ugh. Why do I always have to walk to school?" She mumbled angrily while stomping her feet on the road. Well, she did that every time she heads to school, actually.

"Because you need to learn how to move your ugly instead of taking a car to the school, idiot."  A familiar voice suddenly said. She groaned inwardly.

"Gosh... What do you want, Kai?" 

"I want to..... annoy you! Gah!" He suddenly shouted as he purposely sticking out his feet making her stumbled a bit.

"Be thankful that I like you. Because if not, maybe you've lost your balls right now." She mumbled silently. Kai was too busy flirting with anyone he saw to notice what she was talking about.

They were not friend. They were like enemies because of their fight. When the other boys was trying to flirt with Hani, Kai would be there to ruin it. He always playing tricks on Hani that always manage to makes her feeling  pissed. 

They walked to the school, since their houses was not that far from the school. It became routine of Kai to walk with her to school, JUST to annoy her. Hani was only being her true self whenever Kai was around. Kai was the only one who knows everything about Hani. The way she will talk whenever he's around, the way her lips tugged upward every time she found chocolate bars from her admires in her locker, the way she frowns whenever she was thinking hard and her sarcastic remarks. 

And may I remind you once again, they were not even close. But even so, Kai will always notice those little gestures from her. 

 

 

 

Grabbing another new chocolate bar in her locker, she turned around ready to walk to the class as she slammed her locker shut. She turned around only to be greet with a sight of Kai with his hand on a random girl's waist. She huffed angrily as she stomped her feet, walking to the class. She walked pass him and glared at the girl. Kai was leaning with his back against a locker. The bad boy was whispering something into the girl's ear that she couldn't hear what he was whispering about, but judging from how the girl was giggling and blushing, it was clearly some .

She curled her palms into fists, forgetting the chocolate that she was holding. She threw the chocolate carelessly as she clutched the strap of her bag. She went to her class earlier that usual since she was not in the mood to wait for her best friend, Luhan. She let her head fell on the desk, burying her face in between her arms, her hair was covering her face. 

'How can I like that stupid boy?!'

'I've been rejecting every confession just because I was waiting for him to ask me for a date!'

'I'm such a stupid for ever liking him!'

'That stupid little piece of .....'

'I hate him....'

'Aish, so annoyin–'

"Boo!" A voice that startled her as she quickly looked up to glare at the culprit. Luhan was grinning innocently as he took a seat beside her, his usual seat.

"You're late. So don't you dare to boo-ing me." She mumbled as she rolled her eyes before burying her face on the desk, again.

"Someone's not in the mood~"

"Shut up." She mumbled flatly. Luhan chuckled before taking out something from his bag. He placed it in front of her and blew it. Hani's eyes shot open as she looked to the side and grinned happily. Luhan just bought her favorite mac and cheese.

"Thank you, best~" Hani sang as she grabbed him by the neck before placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Aish, I thought you're going to kiss me on the lips." Luhan said jokingly, earning a smack on the back of his head.

Unfortunately for her, Kai was there to watch everything. He saw how she kissed Luhan's cheek, and the happy look from Luhan's face. How he wish he was the one who was kissed by Hani. The only girl that he ever loved. He didn't have the courage to confess his feelings like any other guys did. So he , hoping that he'll get her attention.

Hani took a spoonful of mac and cheese and ate it happily. She smiled at Luhan as the best friend watcher her eating. But her smile vanished the moment he saw Kai, standing there, staring at her. She fidgeted on her seat at his stare. Luhan seemed not to notice Kai's presence, yet. She closed the food container as she pushed it to the side. 

"What?" She asked, annoyed.

"What?" He asked, smirking as he saw her glare that he thought was cute. He loves her reaction whenever she was furious. She would be pouting unconsciously, making his heart fluttering in a way that he, himself couldn't explain.

"You annoying little creature...." Hani muttered under her breath.  Actually she didn't mind to spend her time bickering with him as she thought that was the only way to catch his attention.

"Alright class, take your seat." Mrs. Kang suddenly said making her eyes widen. She didn't even notice that most of her classmates was already there.

And the class passed in blurry...

 

 

 

"Lunch?" Luhan asked as he was done stuffing his things in his bag. Hani glanced at him and nodded. Luhan knew about her crush towards Kai and it hurt him to see Hani's reaction whenever they saw how the bad boy will flirt with those cheap girls. He loves Hani. In a romantic way, of course. But no way in the hell he'll tell her about his feelings because he couldn't bear putting their friendship for almost five years in an awkward situation. 

So, instead of letting her know about his feelings, Luhan took care of Hani like a precious diamond. Heck, even their classmates noticed about his feelings towards Hani from the way he smiles at her. Luhan knew it too well, his love for her was just one-sided love...

"Luhan, I'm going to the restroom. Wait for me at the rooftop, okay? I'll be fast." Hani said as she slung her bag on her right shoulder. Rooftop became their own hangout place and no one dare to go there. 

Luhan nodded and ruffled her hair before walking of of the class. As he passed the hallway, the giggles and whispers can be heard. Afterall, he was one of the handsome guys in their school. He smiled lightly at those girls earning some squeals. 

A girl suddenly blocked his way. He blinked questioningly and the girl suddenly pulled out a light blue box from her bag. She looked down, waiting for Luhan to take the box but Luhan seemed to not get her intention, yet.

"Uh... What is this?" He asked as he took the box from the girl. The girl smiled shyly making some girls scoffed in annoyance.

"M-my name is Yoon Sunmi, a sophomore from class 2B  and I'm here to confess that... I l-like you, sunbaenim." She said shyly earning some snorts from the others.

"I'm sorry, Sunmi-ssi. But I like someone else. There's a better guy out there that will love you." He politely rejected her confession. The girl bowed and smiled sadly before walking away.

That was another reason of why he girls likes Luhan. He was never rude to all his admires. He would politely reject them, and trying his best not to hurt their feelings.

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Hani was on her way to the rooftop when suddenly she saw Kai in front of the door that will lead to the rooftop. He was making out with another random girl. His hands was on the wall, pinning the girl while each other faces, well, literally. Hani gulped down the pain that started to build in her chest and continued walking as if not seeing anything. 

She tightened her grip on her bag's strap when she noticed Kai's eyes landed on her. Hani looked back at her with her expressionless face before walking pass him. As soon the door closed, she crouched down and covered her lips with her knuckles to prevent herself from letting out those awful sobs. She cried silently as the scene of Kai, kissing another girl replayed in her mind.

As Hani walked passed him, Kai scoffed, dusting his clothes and was about to walk away but the girl grabbed his arm. She smirked naughtily before leaning to his ear and whispered something, making Kai snorted in disgust.

"Lets continue this in my place?" 

"Not in the mood. I'm outta here. Ciao," He said coldly as he pushed the girl away.

The girl stood there dumbfounded, but then huffed angrily before stomping her feet to the cafeteria.

 

 

 

"Hey, what's wrong? Your eyes..." Luhan asked worriedly as soon as he saw Hani approached her, sniffling. Hani suddenly attacked him with a hug as her face was now in the crook of his neck making the best friend froze. But then, he started to pat her back in a comforting manner as he noticed that she was crying. She tightened the hug, as if to let her know that he will always be there for her.

"K-kai...." She mumbled while clutching on the hem of his uniform. Luhan took a deep breath to calm his shaky breath at the mention of the bad boy's name. He nodded and kissed her hair.

"Shhh.. I'll be there for you...." He said and pulled away from the hug to look at her face. He cupped her face and placed a warm kiss on her forehead before hugging her again.

"It hurts... Why does it have to be this way.." She said as more tears climbed down on her cheeks. Luhan sighed and glared at the space. He pulled away from the hug and dragged her to sit on the wooden bench before opening the food containers.

"Gomapseumnida~" She sang. Hani's eyes lit up as she clasped her hands together. Luhan chuckled before flicking her forehead lightly.

"Bipolar. You seriously need to control the way you eat." He said, making her pout.

"You know..." Hani sighed all of sudden as she put her food aside. Luhan raised a brow in confusion.

"My life is a constant battle between my love of food and not wanting to get fat...." She said making the best friend couldn't help but to rolled his eyes.

"Now tell me again  why you're still my best friend....." He mumbled jokingly.

"Because you love me~ I love you too, best~" She giggled. Luhan smiled hearing what she just said although he knew it too well that she never meant it that way.

"Yeah, right. I love you so much it hurts." He said, trying to sound as casual as he could.

"I know~ Haha." 

 

 

 

Days passed in blurry and Hani still didn't see Kai after their encounter last Monday. She tried her best to avoid meeting him. Heck, she even went to school an hour earlier than usual just to avoid him and the fact she was a heavy sleeper wasn't helping at all. 

She walked around the school lazily with her headphone in her ears. Just then, a boy approached her, holding a box of chocolate in his hand. Hani stared at him blankly and tilted her head to the side.

"Uh... yes?" She asked questioningly. The boy bowed and smiled shyly before handing her the chocolate box which she gladly accepted it.

"I'm Kim Seokjin. I'm here to... uh.. how do I say this without sounding awkward... haha.. well, would you like to go on a date with me? Tomorrow?" He asked, trying not to sounded awkward which makes it awkward it even more.

"I'm afraid I can't accept it. I'm not free tomorrow. Seokj–"

"Jin. Call me Jin. And that's okay. There's always next time, right?" He asked although his smile faltered a bit.

"Yeah, I'm sor–"

"Now what is this... Hm, another cheap chocolates?" An annoying creature suddenly decided to interrupt their conversation.

"Go away." She said flatly. Kai snatched the chocolate box and gave it back to the boy. Hani frowned at his action and was about to protest when he beat her.

"She don't like you. Now shoo." Kai said in an arrogant tone. The boy still didn't move an inch making Kai annoyed.

"Go. Before I make you..." He warned dangerously as he glared making the poor boy gulped before walking away.

"Why did you do that?!" 

"What else... To annoy you, of course." He replied with a smirk on his face.

"There you are. Lets go to the class, baobei~" A familiar voice interuupted them. Hani turned to the side and smiled. 

"You're here. Lets go." Hani said with a grin, totally ignoring the bad boy's glare. Luhan chuckled happily before hugging her by the shoulder, walking side to side.

"Oh and Kai?" Luhan suddenly said. Kai turned to face him and folded his arms.

"What?" He asked lazily.

"You better tell her your feelings before I snatch her away from you~" Luhan sang before walking with Hani.

"What the actual ..... He knows that?!" Kai muttered under his breath. 

 

 

 

"So you and that monkey likes the same girl? Tell me. Who's that lucky girl?" Hani asked as she wiggled her eyebrows at him. Luhan chuckled at her childish action but decided to keep it as a secret.

"I don't wanna tell you~" 

"Oh come on, best... I'm your best friend, right?" Hani asked, using her famous puppy eyes which always succeed of making Luhan give in. Luhan close his eyes tightly not wanting to see her puppy eyes.

"It's a secret, best." Luhan mumbled, still with his eyes shutted close. Hani sighed and pouted as she folded her arms. 

Luhan peeked one eyes open and chuckled after seeing her being sulky. 

Hani was a simple girl. She didn't wear makeup and dress up too much. She wears legging, shorts and sweater. Dress? She has plenty of dresses but she chose to wear it on a special day. She let her hair fall, not caring if she looks like she just woke up from sleep or what. That was why most of the boys likes her and the girls envy her. Because she was beauty in her own way. 

Luhan hugged the sulky girl by her side and grinned. "Ice-cream after school?" He whispered in her ears. Hani turned to look at him and grinned as she pecked his cheek. "Ice-cream after school." She nodded.

 

 

 

They were walking side by side, heading to their favorite ice-cream parlor. Hani linked her arms with him. With happy smiles painted on each other faces. They always got mistaken as a couple but they never tried to deny and just shrugged it off. 

They sat at their usual place before Luhan excused himself to order their ice-cream. He didn't need to ask what flavor Hani wanted to eat since he knew it.

"Nami, Mint flavored and Cookie dough flavored ice-cream, please." He ordered as he took out his wallet. Nami made his order and took his money with a grin which Luhan returned it back. Nami knew the both of them as the two always went to there after their classes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter