Hold me close

Only with you can it end

Stepping into the balcony; the brisk evening air greets you as you gaze up into the night sky, glittered with diamond like stars.

‘So tell me about yourself’ Kai asks nonchalantly.

‘There isn’t really much to tell, I live, I breathe, I love life and I fear death as all humans do.’

‘To love is natural, but one does not fear death until they are at it’s door, are you unwell?’

‘It is not my own death I fear’ your heart aches as you recall memories of the past, the mood darkens as you become more serious. ‘But the death of the ones I love, loneliness is sly and cunning, without those to keep you warm, it creeps up on you, it’s heavy, it’s suffocating and it wont stop!’ your voice raises as you say the final words.

‘I see, but that is why you find more people to love and love you in return, to fill the void others create’ said Kai with a forced smile in attempt to reassure you.

‘You would not understand as you only ever take’ you say as you shut him down angrily.

Surprised by your sudden outburst, Kai was about to ask what was the source of the outburst when suddenly the sky lit up in a brilliant gold.

 

One after another fireworks bloomed in the night, lighting it up in an array of beautiful colors. So dazzling was it that you forgot the world, captivated by the display, but Kai’s attention was elsewhere, for while you were enchanted by the fireworks, he was enamored by you, the way the lights lit up your face and your relaxed and carefree expressions as you watched the fireworks. Kai could not help but slowly move in closer, his hand tiptoed across the balcony ledge as he slowly reached for yours, then, when his large warm hands firmly held yours, he gives your hand a tug and pulls you into his arms.

His other hand gently caressed your face as he leans in, his hot breath against yours and your chest against his as you feel the beating of his heart through it. The distance between your lips narrowed as he closed his eyes.