Found him

Only with you can it end

The chandelier glittered like stars that hung from the ceiling as the music lulled the guests into a frenzy of dance and laughter. Never had you seen so many people, the room seemed to sway with the music as you stood by the wall, eyes closed and gently swaying along.

 

‘I never really cared much for dancing.’ came a voice beside you, turning to see who had spoken; before realizing it was a young man. He stared charmingly with a smile that just reached his eyes. ‘But you look like you would love to, would you like to join me?’ he asked with his hand held out. Unsure how to reply, you nod shyly and took his hand as he lead you to the ballroom floor.

 

Your feet moved to the music and your bodies pressed close. Looking up, you realize he was strikingly handsome, his hair was dark and wispy, his eyes, a comforting warm brown.

‘Are you enjoying yourself?’ he asked.

‘You are quite the dancer.’

‘Well I never said I was bad at it’ he chuckled ‘My name is Kai, and what of yours?’

You stutter as you tell him your name as he dips you.

‘You know’ Kai pulls you close, his chest against yours and whispers in your ear ‘the fireworks start soon and I know of a secret place with a wonderful view, care to join me?’

Flustered and trying to regain your composure, ‘I would love to.’ You say while putting on what you think is a cute smile, which in reality probably was awkward. And as he leads you through the still dancing crowd, your heart begins to race and blood begin to rush for you had finally found the one.