Chapter 11

Living Famous

Chapter 11 is here!

 

=================================================================================================

Red Velvet’s busy schedule had hindered the girls from hanging out with their friends. Wendy, the only member who was dating someone, found it hard to balance both work and leisure with her boyfriend, trainee Johnny Seo.

 

“Coming!” Wendy rushed to the door and opened it.

 

Johnny’s face welcomed her.

 

“Johnny! W-what are you doing here?” Wendy cried.

“Is it bad to visit my girlfriend?” Johnny asked.

“No, it’s just that. You’re in the middle of your last rehearsals before your debut next week. I don’t wanna distract you.” Wendy said.

“You are not a distraction, Wen.” Johnny smiled.

“Come on in then.” Wendy said.

 

“So, where is Seulgi?” Johnny asked.

“She’s filming her drama with Seungyoon.” Wendy said.

“I see. So, what are you doing in here?” Johnny asked.

“Irene eonni and I have photo shoots. Joy is in school, so she won’t be joining us today.” Wendy said.

“I see.” Johnny nodded.

 

Thursday, the seven senior male rookies finally make their much awaited debut. Hansol led the group as the leader. The girls of Red Velvet were proud of their friends. Wendy was especially happy that her boyfriend officially debuted as an idol.

 

“I guess we will be even more busy.” Wendy said.

“Yeah, but I will still make time to visit my precious girlfriend.” Johnny smiled.

“I see. Well, I gotta go. I’ll see you around. I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to watch you live but I will catch your debut stage online.” Wendy said.

“That’s ok. I know that you guys are really busy with promotions too.” Johnny said.

 

Wendy hung up and faced Irene.

 

“Was that Johnny?” Irene asked.

“Ne, eonni. He called up to share his happiness with me.” Wendy said.

“That’s so sweet. You two may have a lot of differences but you still manage to hang on.” Irene smiled a bit.

“Thanks, eonni. Y-You’ll find your right match too.” Wendy smiled.

“I wish. I feel like guys are scared of me.” Irene sulked.

“Jinwoo oppa and Mino oppa aren’t. In fact, they like you. Mino oppa seems to have his eyes on you.” Wendy said.

“Tch! Jinwoo and Mino are just good friends. They do not qualify.” Irene smiled.

 

Buzz!

 

Wendy glanced on her phone and checked the message.

 

From: Namtae

Hey there, Ms. Son! How’s it going?

 

Namtae? W-why is he suddenly contacting me?

 

To: Namtae

Hey to you too, Namtae! I’m good. Why did you suddenly message me?

 

From: Namtae

Well, I was bored and I thought of you. It’s been a while since we last met up. So, I just wanted to check up on you.

 

To: Namtae

Ok. I’m a little bit packed with schedules lately with Japanese promotions coming up but I’m good. Someone just made my day.

 

From: Namtae

Someone, eh? Is it me?

 

To: Namtae

You are so full of yourself. Aniyo. It’s Johnny. His group finally debuted yesterday. I am so happy for him. Hearing his voice just made my day.

 

From: Namtae

I see. Haha. Pardon me for being cocky…hehe. So, are you in Japan?

 

To: Namtae

Aniyo, but we will be flying out in two days. We are just waiting for Seulgi and we are good to go.

 

From: Namtae

I see. We are waiting for Seungyoon too before we fly to Beijing for a WWIC fan meeting.

 

To: Namtae

Nice. Good luck with your fan meeting. 

 

From: Namtae

Hey. If you have time tomorrow, maybe we can meet up and hang.

 

To: Namtae

Hmm, let me look at my schedule and see if I can fit this meet-up in. :)

 

From: Namtae

Ok. Just ring me up if you are free.

 

To: Namtae

Ok.

 

“Who’s that?” Irene asked.

“Huh? Oh! Namtae. He said hi.” Wendy said.

“Just ‘hi’?” Irene asked curiously.

“Well, he invited me for a meet-up tomorrow.” Wendy replied.

“And you said yes?” Irene asked.

“Aniyo. I said that I would check my schedule. We have a couple of things lined up for tomorrow, right?” Wendy asked.

“Eobseo. Tomorrow is our rest day before we fly for Japan.” Irene said.

“Ok. Well, I’ll meet up with him then. It’s been a while since I had last met up with that idiot.” Wendy smiled.

“Cover up or people will misunderstand.” Irene ordered.

“Yes, eonni. I know the protocol.” Wendy said.

 

The next day, Wendy stepped out of the dorm and took a cab to her meet-up place with Taehyun.

 

“Glad you can make it.” Taehyun smiled.

“Well, it’s been a while since we last spoke to each other physically, Namtae.” Wendy said.

 

The two friends spent the next two hours hanging around. They walked a few centimeters away from each other, to avoid suspicion. 

 

“Thanks for today, Namtae. It’s nice to hang with a friend before things get busier again.” Wendy said.

“Anything for my lovely female friend.” Taehyun smiled cheekily.

 

The next day, news articles about their alleged date filed the Internet.

 

[BREAKING] WINNER’s Nam Taehyun and Red Velvet’s Wendy dating?

 

WINNER’s maknae, Nam Taehyun and Red Velvet’s main vocalist Wendy has been spotted out around Sinsa-dong area yesterday. Dispatch released a couple of photos of the two idols coming out of a coffee shop together. It seemed like there was just the two of them. There was no physical contact but they seemed happy. Was it really a date? Your thoughts.

 

Comments:

 

@Bluegoddess: Wendy eonni is one lucky girl! Go for it!

 

@Mrs.Nam: WHAT?? I cry. That girl doesn’t deserve our Namtae!

 

@Wenhyunshipper: They looked so cute together! I wish this is true! SM, you better confirm this!

 

@YGstanforever: As if! Taehyun will never date that loser velvet! Maybe he was just pitying her. Haha.

 

@Ourcutederp: NO!!! Seuldy all the way!

 

Wendy palmed herself on the face as soon as she saw the article.

 

“This is the single most hilarious news article about me ever! Seriously, Namtae and me? Dating? HAHA! I laugh!” Wendy cried.

“Wan, this is serious! You just got yourself in big trouble. Sajangnim is gonna summon you to the office.” Irene said.

“I know that. This news article is just stupid!” Wendy cried.

 

“I got a dating scandal with Wendy! Can I get a booyah?” Taehyun cried.

“You’re still happy when the chance of getting reprimanded by sajangnim is high? Dude, are you ok?” Seunghoon cried.

 

Meanwhile, Johnny was pissed.

 

“I am gonna strangle this dude alive if he doesn’t stop flirting with my girl!” Johnny cried.

“Easy there, man. Taehyun-sshi is a sunbae and you should respect him. Besides, you know how Wendy is right? She’s really friendly. She gets along with a lot of people. I’m pretty sure there is a logical explanation behind this scandal. The management will address this soon. Just calm down.” Leader Hansol said.

 

[UPDATE] SM Entertainment denies Wendy-Taehyun dating scandal.

 

SM Entertainment, home to Red Velvet, spoke up regarding the issue of Wendy and WINNER’s Taehyun alleged date. We quote, “Wendy and Taehyun are not dating. They are just good friends who happened to have met up during their free time. The two friends just enjoyed a few hours out for coffee and strolled around Sinsa-dong district like anyone would. Please stop spreading this rumors further.”

 

What do you think? Comments.

 

@BluePrincess: SM, please stop lying and confirm it! Obviously, they are dating.

 

@MrsNam: Namtae will never date that plastic doll. He already has Incle and only Incle!

 

@YGstanforever: Thank you for clearing out the rumors, SM.

 

@Thederp: I’m not gonna believe this until there is a good evidence that they are not dating

 

[UPDATE] YG Entertainment breaks its silence regarding the issue.

 

WINNER’s agency, YG Entertainment, denies that Taehyun is dating Red Velvet’s Wendy. We quote, “Taehyun and Wendy are just friends. They had gotten closer after working together in ‘Rookie Adventures’. They are just two friends who are very comfortable with each other. They were just enjoying their free time, having coffee and strolled around Sinsa-dong district.”

 

Johnny was not pleased with the denial. He was not moved that Taehyun had no intention of hitting on his girl. Wendy was not answering his calls, making him even more furious. When the girls flew back to Seoul, the rookie male idol immediately met up with her.

 

“What’s up?” Wendy asked.

“Why aren’t you answering my calls?” Johnny asked.

“Manager oppa confiscated my phone after the scandal.” Wendy said.

“Why did you even meet up with him? He is up to no good, Wan.” Johnny said.

“Why would Taehyun be up to something bad? He’s a friend. He wouldn’t do anything bad.” Wendy argued.

“He is flirting with you, Wendy. Why can’t you see that?” Johnny cried.

“Flirting? Johnny, you are overreacting. Nam Taehyun is not flirting with me. Ok. He can be a flirt sometimes, but let me tell you, he does not like me.” Wendy cried.

“You are so blind! Just stay away from him!” Johnny cried.

“Here we go again! Johnny, you are being a green-eyed monster again. Will you control yourself?” Wendy cried.

“Control myself? I am myself! You are the one who has fallen into that idiot’s trap. Wake up, Wendy! I am your boyfriend! So, stop hanging out with him!” Johnny erupted.

“So, you are calling me stupid? Wow, it’s nice that this comment came from my own boyfriend. I’m touched.” Wendy remarked sarcastically.

“I didn’t mean it that way.” Johnny said.

“Well, you just did. I think meeting up with you today wasn’t such a good idea after all. You may leave.” Wendy said.

“Wendy, please.” Johnny begged.

“I’ll talk to you soon. Good day.” Wendy shut the door on her boyfriend.

 

He is jealous again! Aish! 

 

“Anything wrong?” Seulgi asked.

“Johnny is being unreasonable again. I’m tired of this push and pull relationship.” Wendy sulked.

“Why don’t you break it off?” Seulgi suggested.

“I like Johnny too much to break up with him.” Wendy said.

“Well, are you happy with him?” Seulgi asked.

“Yes, but when he becomes jealous, he is a whole different person.” Wendy explained.

“Can you still endure it?” Seulgi asked.

“My patience is almost hitting the limit bar, Seul. If he does not stop being such an idiot, I may just snap.” Wendy said.

“Maybe he’s right. You hanging with Taehyun is making things complicated. Wan, you should make a choice.” Seulgi said.

“I am not gonna do that. I can’t hurt someone so innocent.” Wendy said.

“Wan, do you like Taehyun?” Seulgi asked.

“I don’t know.” Wendy sulked.

“Figure it out first, Wan.” Seulgi said.

 

Wendy spent the next month thinking about her relationship with Taehyun.

 

Who is Taehyun to me? 

 

Everyday, the male idol sent encouraging messages to female idol, complicating her feelings even more.

 

Wendy, wake up! This isn’t you! You do not have feelings for him. You have a boyfriend! You do not like Nam Taehyun!

 

Flash back of the kiss clouded her mind. The way Taehyun kissed her just send tingles around her body.

 

GAH! This isn’t right! You have Johnny! You should not be fantasizing about him! No!

 

“Wendy! Wendy! Wendy! Hey!” Johnny cried.

“Huh, what?” Wendy snapped out of her thoughts.

“Are you ok?” Johnny asked.

“Y-Yeah. So, you were saying?” Wendy faced him.

 

Johnny began babbling about something but seemed like Wendy’s mind flew off somewhere again.

 

His lips were soft like cotton candy when he kissed me that day. Wait, what?? Erase! Erase! Erase! 

 

Flashback of them doing the Pepero kiss game enveloped her mind. Their close proximity just give her the chills. She remembered the fragment of cookie that snapped after the game. It was measured in an astoundingly 3cm long. That just meant that they almost kissed then.

 

Wendy Son, snap out of it! 

 

“WENDY!” Johnny cried.

“What?” Wendy snapped.

“Your phone is buzzing.” Johnny said.

 

Wendy glanced at her phone and checked the message.

 

From: Namtae

How are you? Sorry about the scandal though. 

 

“Who’s that?” Johnny asked.

“N-Namtae.” Wendy nervously replied.

“Seriously? When will that dude stop?” Johnny cried.

“He was just asking me if I was okay. Ever since the scandal, we haven’t spoken to each other.” Wendy said.

“Let’s face it! He’s hitting on you. Wendy, just stop defending him.” Johnny cried.

“I am not. You’re being the unreasonable one.” Wendy cried.

“I am unreasonable. Tell me, you like him, don’t you?” Johnny cried.

“What? No! How dare you accuse me of cheating?” Wendy cried.

“Well, you are always defending him. What do you think does that imply, huh?” Johnny cried.

“You know what! I’m leaving.” Wendy stomped away.

 

To: Namtae

I’m ok. How are you? Did Mr. Yang strangle you?

 

From: Namtae

HAHA! Aniyo, but he was mad.

 

To: Namtae

Haha. 

 

From: Namtae

We should pick a really strategic time for us to meet-up, huh? Somewhere nobody can spot us to avoid scandals.

 

To: Namtae

Uh. I should really pick good places. Johnny is driving me insane with his jealousy spree.

 

From: Namtae

Your boyfriend is jealous of me?

 

To: Namtae

Uh. I had told him numerous times that you and I are just friends but he wouldn’t believe me. We’ve been fighting so much lately.

 

From: Namtae

Haha. He is the jealous boyfriend like you said before. I hope you guys sort things out.

 

To: Namtae

Yeah. I hope so.

 

From: Namtae

If he hurts you, just call my number and I’ll be there to avenge you.

 

Wendy froze.

 

To: Namtae

Haha. You don’t have to do that. He is not violent. He’s just really immature.

 

From: Namtae

I see. If he breaks your heart, just come to me. I’m right here for you. Chingu.

 

To: Namtae

Y-yeah…thanks.

 

The female was not looking at where she was heading and collided with someone.

 

“Oh! Joeseonghabnida.” Wendy bowed.

“Oh! Wendy noona!” A guy cried.

“Oh! Annyeong Jaehyun-ah!” Wendy smiled.

“Noona, where are you going? You look pissed.” Jaehyun said.

“Oh! Y-yeah. I just had an argument with Johnny.” Wendy forced a smile.

“Tto?” Jaehyun asked.

“Uh, but we’ll get through it.” Wendy smiled.

“I hope so. Fighting!” Jaehyun cheered.

“Ne. Jaehyun-ah, I’ll go ahead.” Wendy said and walked away from the younger idol.

 

“Ah, na michingeo aniya!” Wendy cried.

“Yah! Neo gwaenchana?” Seulgi cried.

“Ne. Just had an argument with Johnny.” Wendy said.

“Tto? Yah! This push and pull thing is crazy.” Seulgi said.

“I know. Eotteohke?” Wendy asked.

“Follow your heart, Wan. What does it say?” Seulgi asked.

“Molla.” Wendy freaked out.

 

While everyone was out, Wendy stayed in the dorm. She said that she wanted to take a rest.

 

Aish! Who’s it gonna be? Johnny or Taehyun? Make up your mind, Son Seungwan! UGH!!! 

 

A week after, Wendy decided to make-up with her boyfriend. She walked to his group’s lounge, but stop on her tracks, on her way there. Two flirty people displayed intimate actions in front of her. Wendy’s eyes widened when she saw the guy. She froze as a result of her witnessing the disturbing scene.

 

“Ige mwoya?” Wendy said as tears slowly formed in her eyes.

 

The dude turned around and froze.

 

“Heol! You accused me of liking another guy, but here you are making out with some other girl when we have not broken up yet. To think I almost made up with you! I’m so stupid.” Wendy said as tears slowly rolled down her eyes.

“Wendy-ah…” Johnny mumbled.

“I guess it’s over, Johnny. H-Have a nice day…” Wendy said as she turned around and wiped the tears off her face.

 

She ran away from the scene.

 

“Wendy!” Johnny cried.

 

The male idol was going to chase after her but the other girl blocked him.

 

“Oppa! I thought you love me. Why are you still chasing after her?” The girl whined.

“I don’t like you, idiot. I was just playing with you to get my mind off something. Now, Wendy misunderstood. Aish!” Johnny said as he shook the girl’s arm off and chased after Wendy.

“Ah, oppa! Come back!” The girl chased after him too.

 

Wendy grabbed her purse and rushed out of the building. By the time Johnny reached the girls’ lounge, she was gone. Wendy didn’t exactly know where she was going but there was one person in her mind.

 

Namtae…

 

The female hailed a cab and sped away. Wendy cried her heart out throughout the trip. As soon as she reached her destination, she stepped out of the taxi, paid for her fare and walked into the building. She took a lift to a certain floor and walked over to someone’s unit. She rang the doorbell twice and a guy’s face welcomed her.

 

“Wendy…are you crying?” The guy said.

“Namtae…” Wendy whimpered.

 

Wendy didn’t say anything and simply threw herself at the boy before her. 

 

“W-waegurae? Eodi apa?” Taehyun asked.

 

Wendy unwrapped herself from the guy, gazed at him and lunged in for a kiss. Shocked, Taehyun stayed frozen on the ground, smiling. Soon, the male idol wrapped his arm around the girl, pulled her closer and deepened the kiss. After all emotions had faded, Wendy broke away from the kiss.

 

“W-what’s this about?” Taehyun nervously asked.

 

Wendy kept crying. She was currently very delicate now and one wrong move from the dude and she would snap.

 

“I, uh…I…Johnny…” Wendy wept.

“What did Johnny do?” Taehyun asked.

“I, uh, I caught him kissing some trainee.” Wendy buried her face on the idol’s chest.

“There. There.” Taehyun patted her back.

 

Wendy glanced up and faced the dude, who was still smiling at her sincerely.

 

“W-why’d you kiss me?” Taehyun asked.

“Because, I know that you’re a better guy.” Wendy smiled.

“T-thanks? Er, c-come on in.” Taehyun said as he led the female into the dorm.

 

Wendy sat on the couch and gazed at Taehyun.

 

“So, I am the rebound guy?” Taehyun asked.

“No, you’re not.” Wendy said.

“What does this make me?” Taehyun asked.

“You’re not a rebound because I have liked you for a while now.” Wendy said.

“You did?” Taehyun smiled.

“Uh. I’ve been weighing my feelings for you and Johnny for the past month. Honestly, it confused me but I know that somehow, someone is higher and that’s you, Taehyun. I don’t know why but you make my heart race.” Wendy admitted.

“I never had a girl confess to me before I do.” Taehyun smirked.

“What do you mean?” Wendy asked.

“Wendy Son, please be my girl.” Taehyun said.

 

Wendy smiled brightly and hugged the male idol.

 

“So, we can’t tell anyone, right?” Taehyun asked.

“Uh, not even our group mates.” Wendy said.

“Ok. My lips are sealed.” Taehyun smiled.

“Say, why are you alone?” Wendy asked.

“Well…you see…I kinda stayed because of a cold. You just kissed a guy who’s sick.” Taehyun said.

“Oh! W-well, I’m gonna get sick in a few days.” Wendy said.

“Mianhae. If you had given me the heads up, I would’ve stopped you from kissing me.” Taehyun said.

“Gwaenchana. I should’ve thought about my actions first.” Wendy said.

 

A few days later, Wendy fell sick.

 

“I guess the virus kicked in…” Wendy said in between coughs.

“W-what did you say?” Seulgi asked.

“N-nothing…” Wendy said.

 

“Are you sure you’re gonna be okay? Don’t you need us?” Irene asked.

“I’m gonna be fine. It’s just a flu.” Wendy said and coughed.

“How did you even catch it?” Seulgi asked.

“Molla!” Wendy lied.

 

When the girls left, Wendy received a message from Taehyun. The female idol reached for her phone and checked the message.

 

From: Namtae

How are you feeling?

 

To: Namtae

The virus finally kicked in and now I’m in bed while the girls carried out the activities.

 

From: Namtae

Get well, okay? I don’t wanna see my girlfriend unwell.

 

To: Namtae

Yes, doctor. I will make sure that I get well.

 

The pair continued to date in secret.

 

When everything went well with the Canadian beauty and her new boyfriend, the diva Taehyun, Seulgi and Seungyoon were awfully quiet since the wrap-up party. Two months back, the cast and crew of the drama, Whistle held a wrap-up party after a successful run. The production team had set up the party in a huge and popular club in Sinsa-dong area. In attendance were the cast themselves. Dressing up was a requirement, so Seulgi had to look amazing.

 

She walked into the club in black and white cropped dress that fell just an inch above her knee. As soon as she stepped into the venue, Soohyuk and maknae Jingu’s eyes fell on her.

 

“If Seungyoon weren’t in this drama, I would’ve flirted with Seulgi-sshi already. She is hot!” Soohyuk cried.

“Couldn’t agree more, hyung…”Jingu said as he gazed at the female idol.

 

“Yah! You two!” Actor Lee Junki cried.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo!” The two boys greeted their senior.

 

“You two are ogling Seulgi-sshi like she’s the last piece of pizza.” The Hallyu actor said.

“She’s really looking fine tonight, sunbaenim.” Soohyuk said.

“Well, I don’t think Seungyoon will permit you to date her. He is a very protective friend.” Junki said.

“Where is he then?” Jingu said.

 

Junki pointed to the fashionably late Seungyoon who immediately wrapped his arm around Seulgi’s shoulder upon spotting her.

 

“I told you. You have to make a lot of efforts to woo Seulgi. Just look at that. He’s totally over her.” Junki said.

 

The party kicked off after everyone arrived. There were some drinking and dancing. Soohyuk, who really wanted to flirt with the female idol tried his luck by casually walking up to her but before he could reach her, Seungyoon had snatched her away. Soohyuk cursed quietly as he turned around to flirt with other people, most likely Yoonhye, who seemed to be engrossed in a good conversation with Gayoung.

 

“Yoon, people are gonna be suspicious. Quit holding my hand.” Seulgi mumbled.

“Well, I noticed Soohyuk hyung was on his way to flirt with you so I snatched you before he could get to you.” Seungyoon said.

“You sound like a jealous boyfriend.” Seulgi said.

“I am not. I’m just protecting you. Who knows? There are media people here and they would misunderstand things. Now, why don’t we just eat?” Seungyoon said.

 

The cast members walked into the private lounge. Seungyoon stuck by Seulgi the whole time, sending Soohyuk silent signals that he ain’t gonna get through him anytime. 

 

The meal was good and the cast had fun. While chatting went on, Seungyoon couldn’t help but flirt with his female friend. He saw Seulgi’s exposed hand and quickly placed his on it. The female idol froze and glanced at Seungyoon. The latter just gave her a smile and intertwined his fingers with hers under the table. Throughout the time at the dinner table, Seungyoon held onto Seulgi’s hand. Nobody knew they had something together and well, they wanted to keep it a secret for a while, so holding hands under the table was the only way for them to be intimate.

 

At the end of the party, Seungyoon walked Seulgi into the parking level.

 

“See you around, Seul and good night.” Seungyoon said.

 

Both girls spent the next couple of weeks sneaking around and hiding their respective relationships from the public. Meanwhile, two boys were dancing their asses off inside a practice room. They were sweating as hell but neither one of them wanted to stop. Their friends were worried about them.

 

“Are they betting on something?” Thai cutie, Ten asked.

“I don’t know but we gotta stop them.” Leader, Hansol said and shut the tunes down.

“Hey!” The sweaty guy in a cap protested.

“Are you guys killing yourselves? Stop this.” Hansol cried.

“I am not stopping until Wendy takes me back.” The capped dude said.

“Taeyong?” Hansol asked.

“I was just dancing when he challenged me. I couldn’t say no, so we’ve been dancing for the past two hours.” Taeyong said.

“Well, Johnny, you are an idiot and you deserved this and Taeyong, get some rest. We don’t need you passing out during a schedule.” Hansol ordered.

 

“Do you think we could visit the girls some time?” Taeyong asked Johnny.

“Wendy wouldn’t even return my calls. What makes you think we could visit ‘em?” Johnny said.

“Well, we can always try.” Taeyong insisted.

“Why? So, you can flirt with Seulgi?” Johnny asked.

“Yeah! Now that Jackson is out of the picture, I have a better chance of wooing her. I had always been the first, right?” Taeyong said.

“Do whatever you want, man.” Johnny said.

 

Unfortunately, the boys were too busy to even make time for their personal lives. For the next couple of months, Taeyong assumed that Seulgi was not dating anyone. Unfortunately for him, she had Seungyoon already.

 

=================================================================================================

A/N: For SM Rookies fans out there, I don't mean to bash Johnny. I just wanted to show how he is unsuitable for Wendy. Also, the way Wendy just pounced on Taehyun after breaking up with Johnny might've made her look like a , but no. I just want to show that she finally realized that Taehyun is the one for her. As for Seungyoon and Seulgi, well they are not technically dating but they like each other. So, don't be confused.

 

I'm assuming that Hansol is the leader of SR15B since SM usually appoint the eldest member of a group to be leaders. If in case it's different, I will change it.

 

Thanks for reading! Comments. Chapter 12 is up!