Drunk Confessions

Changing Lenses (Sequel) - INDEFINITE HIATUS-

Oh and you’re fired. Get out. The words kept echoing in your ears as you drove back home. Your hands gripping the steering wheel tightly as you ignored your ringing phone. You worked so hard to become a photographer and the first company that hired you just had to be taken over by Chanyeol’s wife. You knew you shouldn’t have mixed business with personal life. You knew you should have said you had another appointment when Chanyeol asked you to be the photographer for his wedding. So now, here you were, fired. It’s not like you ever did anything to make Chanyeol’s wife hate you. In all honestly, you gave up on him a long time ago, but your feelings had a hard time understanding that.

“Who the hell keeps calling me?!” You pull over to check your phone. Two names appear in texts and missed calls. Zitao and Chanyeol. Your phone rang again, this time it was Zitao.

“What do you want?” You answer the phone, not in the mood to talk to anyone.

“A-are you okay?” You hear him stutter, his voice quieter than usual.

“Why do you care? Shouldn’t you be talking to miss ? Aren’t you two actually close? Did you two plan this so I could be out of the picture?” You seethe, figuring out how he knew so much already.

“Listen, I can explain. Just tell me where you are.” Tao says pleadingly.

“Just answer me. Did you or did you not plan this with her?”

“I- Please, just tell me where you are.”

“Screw you, Zitao.” You spit out before hanging up.

You start your car, making a sharp u-turn and head to the bar you and Chanyeol used to go to when you were both in college.

“Just give me anything strong.” You tell the bartender as you take a seat.

“Your drink, miss.”

“Thank you.” You stand up to take a seat toward the back.

You take a seat where you and Chanyeol used to sit and quickly down your drink. “Another drink.” You call out to the bartender.

"These are on the house.” The man smiles at you as he places three more drinks at your table. 

You down two more drinks, wanting to forget about the events that occurred today.

Your phone starts ringing in your pocket again, hoping it wasn’t Tao, you look at the screen.

“Chanyeol? Why do you keep calling me?” You answer, slightly tipsy.

“I knew it was you.”

You quickly turn your head to see Chanyeol standing in front of you.

“What are you doing here?” You gaze at him and tilt your head.

Chanyeol giggles as he sits extremely close to you. “You’re so cute when you tilt your head like that.” He pokes at you.

You feel your cheeks begin to burn up from the closeness of Chanyeol. You try to distance yourself but Chanyeol stops you.

“Why are you always running away from me?” He pouts at you, gripping your wrist.

“You’re drunk.” You try to push him away again, smelling alcohol on him.

“You know I missed you so much.” Chanyeol hugs you, sliding you even closer to him.

“Chanyeol. Get off of me.” You say, your heart beating faster than it should. You were thankful that no one could see the two of you all the way in the back.

“I knew you’d be here. I always come here, it reminds me of the times we both went here.” Chanyeol giggles, not letting go of you.

“Chanyeol, you’re drunk. You need to get home.” You try to stay calm.

“You were always so oblivious. Always taking pictures. Too busy taking pictures.” He mumbled as he leaned his head on your shoulder.

“What?” You ask, not really able to hear him.

“I even filed a divorce with my wife because of you.” He looks up at you through his lashes.

What the hell does that have to do with me? You think through furrowed eyebrows.

You hear Chanyeol sigh as he lets go of you and looks you in the eyes. “Do I have to spell it out for you too?”

You look at him confused, not sure where this was going.

“Can’t you see I’ve always loved you? I thought you had feelings for me too but I was wrong so I tried to move on. I married someone else just to try to forget about you but even that didn’t work. The way you smiled when you took photos. The first time we met. I would go around campus in hopes you would notice me but you never did. So when I finally had the courage to go up to you I found that picture of me in your portfolio and I thought maybe I would have a chance. But you never once looked at me. You were too busy with your cameras.” Chanyeol said in one sobered breath.

You quickly downed another drink, unable to say anything.

“I tried so hard to get you to like me. I thought that I was over you after getting married and isolating you from my life but every time she talked about a family and getting old together all I could think of was you, all I could do was talk about how great my bestfriend was. But never once did you love me.” He sighs scruffling his hair.

“Chanyeol, you must be really drunk.” You blurted with all the thoughts running through your head. 

“I knew you it, you could never have feelings towards me. We’re too different.” Chanyeol says defeated as he starts to stand up.  

“But Chanyeol, you’re wrong. I’ve always loved you.” You whisper after so many years of trying to let your feelings go.

"What?" Chanyeol asks, his eyes ready to pop out of his sockets as he looks back at you.

 

 

TBC. 

 

 

 

Sorry for taking so long to update and for the crappy chapter x.x