work without play

Deceiving Us

BDf7VpW.jpg

Having sat on his high-back black leather executive chair, infront of his now messed-up desk, he heaved a heavy sigh before reaching over to the phone. The call instantaneously got through.

Massaging his temples, he said to the receiver, "Get me a coffee."

"The usual?" a female voice responded, in attempts of being not too robotic-sounding with her voice since the day just started.

"Yes. And if it's convenient, get me some bread rolls as well, please. Thanks." Yixing said, leaning back against his chair, letting the blazing hot sun rays behind hit his face.

"Sure. Be right up." she responded, a click being heard as the female dropped the call.

A few moments later, a knock sounded on Yixing's office door, and a less than glamorous but more than average woman walked in. Pairing a white-on-black outfit today, she wore a white long sleeve, with a mid-thigh bandage skirt, matched with a body-fitting black blazer that hung open.

"Your coffee, Mr Zhang. With milk, and two sugars. Oh, and your bread rolls. I got you the wholegrain ones today, unless you would prefer the normal ones?" you systematically said, as you placed the coffee and bread down on the coffee table, seeing that Yixing was walking towards it.

"Ah, no, no. The bread is okay. Thanks, Min." Yixing answered, sounding happier now that his little perk-me-up arrived. "Oh, and can you clear my desk up a little as well?" Yixing asked, nodding towards his very messy desk as he bites into one of the bread rolls.

Looking at his desk, you nodded your head as you walked towards it, to organize the documents neatly. "Are all CEOs like this?" you asked curiously while stacking the documents periodically.

"Like this handsome and charming? I don't think so. I think it's just me." Yixing casually commented, his legs stretched out on the coffee table.

Mr Zhang at least knew how to lighten the atmosphere and things up. At last, another emotion from him!

"Haha, you're funny. I mean, like, this messy and unorganized." you replied sarcastically as you gestured towards the side of the organized documents and the side with the unorganized documents that were all over the place.

"Oh, that? Yeah, most probably." Yixing said, before taking a sip out of his coffee blend.

"By the way, Min," Yixing started, looking at you from head to toe before commenting, "You should really relax in here, you know. Don't be all stiff and all? You seem to grow shorter every day."

"I guess you can call me a workaholic instead? You're one to speak too. You work harder than me. Look at your dark circles. And, I'm not growing shorter. I just don't wear the same flats anymore." you replied wittily, packing the last set of documents on the table before arranging it neatly.

"There you go. All done. The documents are arranged all in periodical order. The top right of your desk has your latest documents. Oh, and today, you're scheduled for a meeting at 2:30pm with Mr Park of Park Technologies, and then a dinner with Ms Kim, daughter of Kim Junsu of Kim Works & Technology." you monotonously said after reading against a checklist of Mr Zhang's schedule for today.

"Ah, great. Technically only one meeting today. Thanks, secretary Min." Yixing said, getting up to wipe away any bread crumbs on his blazer before walking towards his desk.

Nodding your head, you walked over to collect the now-empty coffee cup and plate, heading towards the door before getting stopped by Yixing's remark.

"The coffee blend was good. And, I like your previous pair of pumps better. The one with the higher heel."

Mr Zhang was a weird man.


Looking at the time on your watch after cleaning the cups and plates, you made a mental note to yourself to remember to stock up on the new coffee blend. The one Yixing said it was good.

Settling down in your seat with a cup of green tea with shortbread cookies, you continued your day's work. The work routine everyday was almost the same: scheduling Mr Zhang's meeting schedules or dinner dates, preparing presentation slides for Mr Zhang's meetings, being a coffee-girl for MR Zhang... the list goes on. You're basically Mr Zhang's most trusty secretary.

So... technically, Mr  Zhang made you into a workaholic. You made yet another mental note to use that against him if he ever says you shrunk again.

Time passed pretty quickly before it hit the time for lunch. Getting up a little too quickly, you got a little light-headed and dizzy, your knees shaking a little, almost falling before someone gently but firmly grabbed hold of your arm.

"Woah woah, chill there little one. There's no rush for lunch." Yixing calmly said as he steadied your body, patting your hair back in place.

Patting your clothes in attempts to avoid eye contact and to remove creases, you said, "Thank you, gentleman. What would you like for lunch? I'm going to that new Italian place that just opened. Their carbonara seems inviting."

"Ah, really? I was actually planning to get a pesto one. But seeing how you couldn't even stand up properly, I guess, being a good boss, we should order take-out instead? Do you have that Italian restaurant's number?" Yixing said, smiling charmingly straight at you.

Still looking straight-faced and totally being unaffected from that godly, charming face of his, you replied while reaching out for your purse, "It's okay, I'm fine. Pesto it is? I'm goin--"

Yixing grabbed your arm, turning you to face him. "I said we are ordering take-out. What's their number?" he asked firmly.

Turning to finally look at his face, and having eye contact, you sighed before muttering a small "I'll look for it." before Yixing decided to let go of your arm.

Mr  Zhang is a stubborn man as well.


"You said the carbonara tasted good. You lied." Yixing said, putting down his fork, his face slightly disgruntled.

"As a matter of fact, I didn't. I only said it looked inviting." you rebutted, twirling the pasta with your plastic fork. "You could have went on with your pesto, too." you commented, trying your best to savor the tasteless carbonara dish.

"Mmm. Do you want something else? Pizza?" Yixing asked, looking at his phone for some good pizza delivery sites.

"No, Mr Zhang. It's-" glancing over at the wall clock of his office, you continued, "1.50pm. I- or rather, we, have to get ready for the meeting later. I'll prepare some finger food for you later in the meeting. I'll get rid of this." Standing up, you packed up the less-than-tasty Italian food to throw into the bin.

"Yeah, sure. Thanks, Min. You're the best." Yixing smiled, popping a piece of mint candy into his mouth.

This meeting was definitely going to last for a long time, you thought as you arranged the presentation materials in front of the meeting table. The stack of documents was quite high and each page was equally lengthy.

And at that moment, Mr Zhang walked right in, in time to see the amount of notes and documents placed in front of his seat on the table. "Oh, no. What did I even sign up for? I'm not even going to make it through half of this." Yixing said, before collapsing in his seat.

Chuckling, you said, "Mr Zhang, you do notice that you say that for like almost all of the meetings you have? And you actually make it through all of them?"

"Ah, yeah. That's because I'm charming. And I'm great with words, so I seal the deal quickly. Don't you think so?" he smugly asked when he sat up.

"Yes, yes. For that, I must agree. You have a way around people. Especially ladies. Oh and, your tie is slanted." you pointed, nodding at his slanted shiny black tie.

"Help me?" Yixing said, in attempts of trying to adjust his tie, but apparently, failed to do so.

Shaking your head, you walked towards him to adjust his tie for him as he literally looks down on you while you do it.

"You have pretty long lashes." Yixing commented as he looks from the top view. Somehow, he can't help but to smile at the sight of you tightening and adjusting his tie for him.

"So I've been told. I'm done, and the guests should be arriving soon. More coffee?" you said, moving further away from Yixing as you attempt to control your facial expressions.

"Yes please." and with that, you left the room once again, your face slightly reddening up.

You hope this meeting doesn't last long.


Mr Zhang was always so serious and focused. Either that, or he's playful and dorky. Oh, another emotion. I wonder if that's his limit.

"So, the thing is, the invention of this new technology from Japan-" Yixing nods at you, a sign to change the slides, "-is going to hit the Korean market soon enough. It's either a win-lose situation for you, Mr Park. I could join hands with Kim Works & Technology and make their invention known to the world quicker and faster, or you could collaborate with me and I'll make yours the more attractive one." Yixing said, his tone serious and firm with no loopholes as he gestured towards the slide.

"Oh, a reminder, Mr Zhang. You have a dinner date with Ms Kim today." you not-so-coincidentally reminded him in a loud enough tone that Mr Park and his team could hear.

"Ah, the daughter of Mr Kim from Kim Works & Technology? Alright. Thanks for the reminder." Yixing said, smirking at you, mentally giving you the thumbs-up sign for aiding him in sealing the deal quicker.

The whispers of Mr Park's team got louder before Mr Park finally decided to speak up.

"Alright. Bring me the contract. I'll sign it. We'll work together for the benefits of us." Mr Park said, heaving a heavy sigh as he closed his eyes in defeat.

"Thank you, Mr Park. I hope to work with you soon." Yixing said, as his closing comment as you walked over with the said contracts that you had written meticulously before.

"Yeah, me too. And you have a great secretary to work with as well." Mr Park replied, nodding grimly at you.

"I know. She's a precious treasure I'm glad I hired." Yixing said, smirking at you as he nodded his head, his fringe bouncing a little.


"So I guess, you can cancel that dinner date with that Kim. We don't need that anymore now, do we?" Yixing said, loosening his tie before plunging into the comfort of his leather sofa of his office.

"Ah, are you sure? I'm sure she's already prepared to meet you, though. She would be disappointed." you spoke as you removed your blazer as well.

"I could always ask Minseok to go. He's always free for dinner dates, that man. And he's good with the ladies too." Yixing said, typing something on his phone before almost immediately getting a notification. "There, he said yes." he said, a little proud of his doings.

Shaking your head again at the man, you looked at him saying, "You're incorrigible." before you yourself plunged yourself into the soft leather sofa that seemed to you in as well.

"Mmmm. Can't help it if I want to be a good boss for treating my secretary to a dinner for helping me clinch the deal, right? Japanese food? I'm kind of craving for the steamed egg thing now." Yixing grinned, rubbing his tummy.

"It's called chawanmushi, Mr Zhang. You need to know your food well. Are we going to the usual one? If yes, then we better get going. It's going to get crowded pretty soon." you said as you put your hair into a low ponytail.

"Ah, right. Let's go. And put your hair down, you can rest better in the car." Yixing casually added in as he grabbed his car keys, heading towards the door, a sign for you to follow him.


It wasn't a huge deal about having dinners together- you and Yixing often had dinners together, especially after a successful deal, or simply because he wanted to avoid his dinner date that was often daughters of a certain company's director.

The meal went through pretty quickly, with both of you often talking about work related stuff. And you had to admit, you didn't know anything else about Mr Zhang, other than during his work time.

"You know, I think we really live up to our 'workaholic' title. Do you ever let your hair down?" Yixing asked, taking a sip of his hot green tea that just got refilled by the waiter.

"Isn't my hair down right now?" you cheekily teased as you looked at Yixing with his mouth agape. "I'm sorry, was that too much?" you shyly picked at the green tea mug as you realised- you never really cracked a joke with Yixing around.

"No, no. I was just surprised. You should do that more often, you know. I could get used to it." Yixing nodded, smiling at you.

A few moments of silence passed before your phone rang- a notification.

"Remember, 11pm at Club Z! Dress pretty!" the messaged showed.

"Oh! I forgot I have something on later. I'll be making my move first. See you on Monday?" you hurriedly said, packing your stuffs into your bag in a rush. "I'll pay you my part on Monday too!"

"Ah, that's fast. I'll pay for the bill, Min. Thanks for the day, see you on Monday!" Yixing cheerily commented as he waved goodbye to you, watching your backview disappear into the busy streets.

"Where should I go tonight?" Yixing thought to himself as he scrolled through the amount of messages from his friends telling him to go to a certain club tonight. "Ah, Club Z it is, then." he nodded before collecting the bill from the cashier. "I hope tonight will be fun." he said, collecting his credit card back before heading out for Club Z for another night of fun.

 



a/n:

I was pretty stoked for this chapter. I guess I really liked and had fun writing this a lot!! And the picture above, it was what I saw on my tlist and I was just like "omg omg this is it THIS IS IT!!" 

I hope this is satisfying for CEO!Yixing or something. I tried my best to portray him as a serious-yet-fun man okkkk. :-((

Yixing is absent-minded (forgetting the time of the meeting), and as one-dimensional(he seems to be very superficial, lack of depth) as he gets. However despite that, he brings out the serious(sealing the deal) in him a lot during work; he is very commanding(note the tone when he wants coffee) at first but he slowly opens up, trying to lighten the atmosphere(cracking a joke) between the two of you.

I guess this shot is more like a structured-convo kinda style you could say? I want to leave the more fun and exciting (i hope) dialouges to the next shot. Also, I might try doing angst....... if I can!

if not, I'm actually on askfm  as well! ^^ 

i hope you enjoyed this chapter, and take a look at my other fics as well? Hahaha shameless promotion again.

Thanks for reading!! ^^

P/S: PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO TAG THIS AS??? I'm planning for this to be like a two-shot or so. YOU KNOW YOU KNOW!!! 

with love,

droolydae.