Chapter One: "Hey, I'm not gay!"

Summertime Surprises

It was summertime! Suho, Baekhyun, Xiumin, Sehun, Tao and Kyungsoo were very excited just thinking about it. They were all going on a summer vacation to the beach! They had been planning the event for two months, packing, and sharing ideas on what they should do while they were there all summer.

 

Suho impatiently waited for Xiumin to come out of his house so they can get the show on the road, he honked his car horn, Tao popped up from his sleep, "I'm up!" He shouted, now wide awake and fully aware of his surroundings. "He honked the horn for Xiumin, genius ." Sehun snickered, for someone a year younger than Tao, Sehun sure was a rude child. Tao just sent and Icy glare toward him. Suho sighed deeply, honking the horn once more, Xiumin quickly bolted out of his house, carrying three big suitcases, he stuffed the bags in the trunk. Baekhyun rolled down his window to see Xiumin panting hard, "What took you so long?" Kyungsoo asked, Xiumin swiped the sweat off of his forehead, "I was packing my face moisturizers." He explained. "Face moisturizer?" Baekhyun scoffed, "Are you a girl or something?" He joked.

 

"Be quiet!" Xiumin grumbled, opening the passenger seat door and settling into the car. "Do we have everyone?" Suho asked, they all looked around, "Let's go!" Sehun said, pointing outside of the window. Suho started the car and they were on their way.

 

~

 

"Woah, look at the beach!" Kyungsoo said, his eyes widening with amazement. "Nice." Tao nodded, staring at the crashing waves, Suho and Xiumin were in the middle of semi hauling the suitcases. "Can we get some help?" Suho breathed out, Kyungsoo sheepishly smiled, grabbing one of the bags out of Xiumin's hand. The three others picked up the remaining bags, "Where do I put them?" Baekhyun asked, his arm wavering around, trying to carry the big bag. "Just put it to the side of the room, we'll figure out who it belongs to later." Suho instructed. Baekhyun nodded, sliding the suitcase over to the corner, he sighed in relief. No more heavy that he had to carry. He stepped back, eyes widening, the beach house was incredibly huge. It was painted a bright shade of blue, and the ceiling was white. The stairs had a fresh looking coat of paint, and he could see the halls from the doorway.

 

"How did you get this place?" Baekhyun marveled, "I know a guy, he let us borrow the beach house, we pay for it for half of the summer, and the others pay the other half!" Sehun nodded in awe, he froze for a moment, "Others?" Suho stopped going through his bag and looked up at Sehun, "I forgot to tell you guys, we will be sharing the house with a couple other people." He informed. "How much people?" Kyungsoo asked, staring at Suho, "Uh, six." "Six?" Baekhyun coughed, "That's too much people!" He exclaimed. "We have six people, that makes twelve." Xiumin spoke, "Twelve people in a house together, fun." Tao clasped his hands together, the sarcastic tone in his voice present, "Are they coming right now?" Kyungsoo asked, Suho shook his head, "No, they are coming tomorrow." Suho replied. "Good, that means we can choose our rooms before them." Sehun said, jogging up the stairs, carrying his stuff.The rest settled in the house, placing household items where they belong.

 

They sat in the living room, watching the television. "Hyung, I'm hungry!" Sehun whined, poking Xiumin. "It's funny how disrespectful you are normally, but when you want something you become a cute baby again." Xiumin laughed, "Well, I'm just really hungry!" He groaned, falling back onto the couch. "Me too, we should go get something." Tao spoke, getting off of the coach. He picked up some shoes, and Sehun put a hat on, "Tao, I'm too tired to go anywhere." Kyungsoo sighed, resting his head on Baekhyun's shoulder. "Well, me and Tao hyung will get some!" Sehun spoke to the room full of half awake boys.

 

"Okay, " Suho skeptically looked at the two boys, "Here is my card, please don't get lost, or talk to strangers." Suho told the two. They nodded, a bit eager to get out of the beach house and explore the outside. Suho handed Tao his card, while Sehun just placed back and forth, waiting to get the food. "Thanks, Suho!" Tao shouted, being dragged out of the beach house by Sehun.

 

"Sehun, what should we get?" Tao asked, "Samgyeopsal! No -- Wait, Why can't we buy everything? I mean, Suho has a black card." Sehun spoke, his lips at the thought of eating many meat filled dishes. "Because he gave us his card and we don't want to be rude." Tao answered, it seeming more like a question than a straightforward reply. Sehun pouted, walking around to the food stands at the boardwalk.

 

They found a place and decided to get many meats.

 

They paid for them and made their way back to the beach house, "Hyung!" Sehun squeaked, tapping Tao's shoulder, "What?" Tao asked, "I have to pee, like, really bad." He said, moving around rather uncomfortably. Tao looked around to see a bathroom near a food stand with loads of people around it. "There is a restroom over there, I'll wait for you." He said, pointing at the bathroom, Sehun nodded, bolting off to the restroom.

 

The swing the stall door open, he did his business, then washed his hands. He let out a relieved sigh, "That could have gone incredibly wrong." He exited the bathroom, looking around for Tao, he couldn't see the Chinese male anywhere. "Tao?" He called, looking back and forth to see if he left. The crowd of people seemed to get much bigger, "Crap! I've lost the most important thing in my life!" He shouted, "My food!" He felt his stomach growl.

 

The smell of grilled meat wasn't helping the situation, "I'm so damn hungry." He groaned. "Hello sir, I couldn't help but notice that you said you were hungry?" Sehun turned around to see an older woman holding a plate of food with small toothpicks sticking out of the top, she must be a stand owner.

 

"Well, yeah. My friend left with all of the food."

 

"Would you like to try a free sample of Ddeokbokki?" Sehun nodded eagerly, she grabbed the ddeokbokki on the toothpick, and lifted it toward Sehun. He took it, putting it into his mouth and sliding the toothpick off of the food. "Is it good?" She asked, he nodded vigorously, "I love it!" He smiled. "Wait, I'll be right back." She said, pointing a finger up at Sehun, he stood there since he had no intention of leaving an old woman with delicious food.

 

She came back with a medium size container, she handed it to Sehun. "What is this?" He asked, squinting at the clear container, it was dark outside and the only light was from the setting sun. "It's Ddeokbokki! I'm giving it to you for free!" She smiled at him, he looked shocked at the elder woman. "I couldn't possibly take this for free!" He said, "No, no, you take it! I consider this a gift!" She told him, "But, it doesn't feel right not paying for something so delicious." He explained. "Nobody would reply to me when I tried to give out the free samples, but you did. For your kindness, I will repay you with free Ddeokbokki!" Sehun quickly embraced the older woman, "Thank you so much!" He praised, "God bless you!" She smiled, patting his back, "No problem!"

 

"Oh Sehun! Where were you?" Sehun looked up from hugging the elderly woman, Tao was standing there, looking more angry than happy to have found Sehun. "Hey Tao, I was looking for you." Sehun spoke, letting go of the woman, "Well, we have to go." Tao told him, grabbing his hand, he dragged Sehun away from the woman. "Thank you once again!" He shouted, being dragged by Tao. "What were you doing with that weird old lady?" Tao asked, "She gave me Ddeokbokki!" Sehun exclaimed, pointing at the circular container. "Ddeokbokki? Can I have some?" Tao asked, not waiting for a reply to grab the container away from Sehun. Sehun smacked his hand, grabbing the container back, "When we get home!"

 

The two reached the beach house, Tao took out the key and handed it to Sehun. He unlocked the door, "We brought your food!" Sehun chirped. The four boys lazily sat up, "Let's eat!" Xiumin smiled tiredly, getting off of the couch. They all sat at the dinner table, Suho enjoying his meat, Kyungsoo trying to eat some of the Ddeokbokki, Sehun smacking Kyungsoo's hand away because he ate too many, Xiumin and Tao sharing some noodles, while Baekhyun stuffed his face with Bulgogi. Kyungsoo reached for the container once more, Sehun flicked his forehead, "You had seven! Let everyone get one before eat them all!" Kyungsoo nodded, backing off and letting the other boys get a couple pieces of the chewy food.

 

When they were done pecking at it, Kyungsoo looked at Sehun, can I have more now?" He asked. "Of course!" Sehun answered plopping one into his mouth, Kyungsoo grabbed savagely at the container, he started to frantically look around inside of the container. "What's wrong?" Suho asked, Kyungsoo showed him the container, it was empty, nothing but the spicy sauce left. "You ate the last one to rub it in my face." Kyungsoo groaned. "Maybe, maybe not." Sehun said, sticking his tongue out at Kyungsoo.

 

They picked up their dishes, washing them and putting them away to dry. "I guess that's it for the night." Baekhyun yawned, they all nodded, stretching. "Goodnight!" They told each other before going into their own room. The house felt hot throughout the night, Baekhyun kicked his blanket off, Suho sprawled himself out on his bed, Xiumin took off his shirt, Kyungsoo rolled around uncomfortably, Sehun moved into Tao's room, hoping it would be cold their, and Tao took off his pajama bottoms and turned his fan on. They felt awful, completely restless. Beads of sweat laying on Baekhyun's forehead, he went to the thermostat and turned it down. For some reason, the room still was hot. Baekhyun gave up, closing his eyes shut, hoping he would just fall asleep. Sehun fell asleep next to Tao, the room wasn't as hot as his, but still pretty warm, it was better than his oven of a room.

 

~

 

Sehun sat straight up in his room. Head pounding hard. "Ah," He massaged his temples, "My head hurts like a ." He groaned. Looking up, he remembered that he was in Tao's room. He looked beside him to see a tuft of black hair sticking out of the fluffy covers. "Tao!" Sehun whispered, shaking the body over the covers. Tao shifted, grabbing the covers and covering himself even more. "Tao! Tao!"

 

"Shut up." A muffled voice groaned.

 

Sehun hit him once more, "Tao, wake the up!" He said, pulling the covers off of Tao. What he saw was totally not Tao. Instead of the intimidating Chinese male, it was a straight faced girl. Her long black hair sprawled out on the pillows, shining beautifully. Her bangs covering her forehead, making her face seem smaller. Her lips looked softer than a cloud, and they were a candy pink color. Her eyelashes were long and dark, she was a true mysterious beauty. "What are you staring at?" She asked, eyes still closed. Sehun was flabbergasted, every word he thought of wouldn't exit his mouth. She lifted an eyelid, revealing her sharp dark brown eyes.

 

"Sehun?" She asked, eyebrows furrowed in confusion, she reached out and cupped her hand on his face. Sehun felt his face heating up, "Tao.." She looked lost, "You're.. a girl." Sehun blinked, that small sentence snapped Sehun back into reality. "Tao, don't be silly." Her expression went to 'are you kidding me?'.

 

"Sehun, I am not the silly type. You. Are. A. Girl." Tao responded, staring at him. Sehun realized Tao was actually right, Tao never usually joked for no reason. He scrambled off of the bed, rushing into the bathroom. "Oh no, I'm going to puke." Sehun gagged. Sehun's hair was a light pink, it was shoulder length, while Tao's hair stopped somewhere at the top of her back. Sehun's skin was milky, the slight tan Sehun had worked for was gone overnight, but to be completely honest, the tan wasn't really as golden as Tao's used to be. Sehun's shirt felt tighter than usual, her chest wasn't really big, but since she wore muscle shirts to sleep, it was tight. Her broad shoulders were now small and petite, the muscle on them left, now they were just skinny and small.

 

Tao entered the bathroom, examining herself as well. A small frown displayed on her face. "Sehun, what did you do?" She asked, Sehun gasped, "Who said that I did this?"

 

"Suho couldn't have, Suho is too... Suho. Baekhyun is too stupid, Kyungsoo isn't vengeful, Xiumin is the nicest person I know."

 

Sehun ran a had through her pink locks, "I agree with your defense, but I really wouldn't do anything to make us... girls." Tao sighed, fixing the bangs that laid over her forehead, "We should tell Suho about this." Tao spoke softly, exiting the bathroom with Sehun in tow.

 

They jogged down the stairs, going into the living room. Sehun was about to sit on the couch, but a figure of a person caught her eye. The person was holding up a newspaper, flipping through the pages for interesting material. There is only one person who read newspapers in the group of friends, Suho. "Is that you, Suho?" Sehun called, "Uh yeah, I'm just reading the newspaper, I need to keep up with the recent events."

 

"Well, me and Tao have something to tell you."

 

"By all means, proceed."

 

Sehun and Tao stood in front of Suho, Tao picked up the newspaper and put in flat on the couch seat next to Suho. Instead of seeing the usual confused puppy face, it was replaced with a small one. "...Tao?" Tao nodded, "I am a female, so is Sehun. If you haven't noticed, you are too." Suho was dumbfounded at the fact that Tao and Sehun stood in front of him, not as boys, but as girls.

 

He snapped out of his daze, "Wait, what?" Suho frantically patted places on his hair, it was longer. His body, mostly the pair of s that were on his chest. His feet, which weren't that much smaller, and his hands, they were as soft as a cloud. His legs that once had hair, are now silky smooth. He couldn't believe it, he was now a girl. She sat there on the couch, trying find words, "How?" She asked. The two shrugged, "We aren't certain,but maybe we can find out with the help of the others." Tao suggested. Suho inhaled, and slowly exhaled, "Baekhyun doesn't get up easily, you'll have to make a lot of noise." Sehun nodded, walking into the kitchen, she came back with two glass cups. "AAHH!" She screeched, she then dropped the glasses onto the floor.

 

A loud sound of breaking glass was heard throughout the house. Loud footsteps and thumps came from upstairs. The three looked at the stairs three girls came running down, one hand a broom in her hand. "Who got hurt?" One shouted, clutching onto the broom. "Please be Sehun!" She added. Sehun squinted, "That's Baekhyun." She growled, grabbing the broom away from the girl.

 

"No ." The short haired girl stayed quiet, eyeing Tao, Sehun, and the rest of the girls. "Uh, I don't think I know you beautiful ladies." She smiled leaning in next to Sehun, Sehun gagged, "It's me you idiot, Oh Sehun." Her eyes widened, "Wait... Sehun!" She gasped, she touched Sehun's face multiple times. "But, your a pretty girl! Sehun is a boy, and not at all pretty." She told.

 

Sehun grasped on tightly to the broom, "I swear I will hit you with this broom." She threatened, the short haired girl just smiled. "Aw, Sehun, you wish you were still manly." Sehun moved her hand to her hip, changing her stance, "And you can't be talking, you are such a fragile looking girl." The other laughed, trying to peek at her backside, "I know, I look so cute like this! Sadly, so do you." She frowned. Sehun raised the broom into the air, "I'm giving you give seconds to run before I kill you with this broom." Sehun growled.

 

Suho snatched the broom away from Sehun, "No violence." Sehun pouted, plopping down on the couch, the rest soon followed. "So, do any of you have a reason why we are like this?" Suho calmly asked, looking at the girls. "Maybe it was the heat of the night?" Baekhyun suggested, "Heat doesn't turn people into a different gender, ." Sehun scoffed.

 

"It was a suggestion." Baekhyun defended, "And you idiot, what could it have been?" Baekhyun scowled. "Ddeokbokki!" They all directed their head toward who they believed was Kyungsoo mostly because of her round eyes. She had a fist sitting in her other hand, "The Ddeokbokki!" Tao said, "Sehun had got it when I lost her for a while." Sehun sank into the couch, looking at all of the judging eyes glaring into her soul, "I got it from a friendly old lady!" She exclaimed, the judging looks intensified, "It was free." Sehun added, a squeak rising through . "She could have poisoned you, Sehun!" Suho scolded, "For all we know, we could be on the verge of dying slowly." Tao spoke.

 

"I'm sorry." Sehun apologized, hanging her head low in shame, "It was free..."

 

"It's fine, I guess." Suho's small smile faltered, "I'm not sure what we are going to do-- this is a bit frightening." The five others looked down at their feet, nodding slowly, "I think we should stay here and adjust to this, because my legs are so short that I can barely walk." Baekhyun suggested, poking at her right leg. "My legs are so smooth," Xiumin spoke, "where did the hair go?" She felt the bare skin on her legs.

 

"I know girls can get leg hair, where is mine?" Kyungsoo asked, "Like you ever had leg hair." Sehun snickered at the smaller girl, Kyungsoo frowned, mumbling about his leg hair. Tao nodded, checking her armpits, no hair. "I have literally nothing that helps me remember that I was manly once." She sighed, putting her arm back down.

 

"Hello? Is anybody in there?!" Baekhyun groaned, getting off of the soft couch, trudging toward the door. She swung the door open, the first thing she saw was a small looking boy, "I don't want your little cookies, scram." Baekhyun shooed, closing the door with a swift motion. A loud knock was heard on the door, she swung the door open once more, "I said I didn't want your cookies, kid!" She looked at the boy only to see a chest, she tilted her head up. A tall boy with red hair was smiling down at her, "My friend here isn't selling cookies, he was actually going to go ahead and enter the house." He explained.

 

Baekhyun stared up at him, mouth agape, how was his voice that deep? "Hello?" He blinked, Baekhyun snapped out of her thoughts, "Are you the other house owners?" She asked, he nodded a bit. "May we come in?" He asked, "Oh yeah, sure." She stepped out of the way for him to enter. "Thanks." He smiled his toothy grin, walking into the beach house. Five other boys entered too, she closed the door, shuffling back toward the couch.

 

A boy came up to her, "There isn't more than six rooms." He informed, Baekhyun scratched her head, "Really?" The boy nodded. "I'll have to tell Suho." She mumbled, "I'll be back."

 

"Suho!" Baekhyun walked into the living room, "There is only six rooms! Where do they others sleep?" "We can share rooms." "Suho, they're all boys." Baekhyun informed, "Oh... maybe we should talk about this with everyone... maybe one of us isn't comfortable with the situation." Baekhyun nodded, walking back to the boy, "Gather your friends, we're going to talk about the room situation in the living room." The boy smiled, going back into the hallway to gather the rest of the boys.

 

Tao sat at the couch, ear buds in and watching a movie on her phone. She heard some shuffling but still watched the movie. A couple of muffled words were heard through the movie, she ignored it because the movie was one of her childhood favorites. More muffled words surrounded her thoughts, she groaned, looking up at him through her bangs, a blonde boy with chocolate brown eyes was angrily staring down at her. He was grumbling something, she took out an ear bud and moved her bangs away from her eyes, "What?" His facial expression didn't change, it was as if it was glued to his face. "Move." His voice sounded cold, Tao scoffed at him, "Find somewhere else to sit." He turned around and sat on a single person couch.

 

After a few minutes of gathering people, they all sat in the living room. "Now, I've been informed that there is only six rooms. I thought that we could share them, but I'm not sure if you feel comfortable about this." Suho told the eleven others. "I need my own space." The tall blonde spoke, "Oh, but one of us will be left out." Another told him. "I guess I'll just share with Lay." The male half groaned, except for two boys, "You always choose Lay! What if we want to choose him?" "You don't get him, he is the only one that doesn't try to start up some weird conversation at the middle of the night."

 

"It was one time! I was bored!" Another boy interjected, the females watched as the boys argued back and forth. They really weren't sure about the conflict, but it was interesting.

 

"Fine, I call Lay next trip!" The red haired one exclaimed, "Lay doesn't even want to be in the same room as you, Yeol." One shouted, "It's not true, right?" The red haired one smiled at the boy next to him, he smiled politely, "Of course not! If anything, you are my favorite!"

 

"I guess I'll share with Sehun." Baekhyun suggested, Sehun gagged, "As if!" Baekhyun hit her arm, "Shut up, you love me."

 

"I want to share with Tao!" Sehun groaned, rubbing her shoulder. "Too bad, Xiumin and Tao are always roommates!" Baekhyun pointed out, "I'll go with Kyungsoo then!" Sehun nodded, "Kyungsoo and Suho." Baekhyun told with a soft smile.

 

"." Sehun mumbled, scooting closer to Tao. "I'm a bit confused here." He laughed, "Baekhyun and Sehun are kinda on and off on friendship terms." Kyungsoo explained. The tall one stood up, "I'm going to my room, see you later, I guess." He walked out of the room.

 

"You're hair is really cute." Baekhyun jumped back on the couch, the red haired boy was playing with her hair. "It's adorable!" He smiled, Baekhyun smacked his hand away, "Dont touch me!" She hissed. The boy didn't mind her defensiveness, "You have cute eyes too." He informed, inching closer to look into her eyes. Baekhyun eyed him crazily, scooting father from him, "Hey, I'm not gay!" She defended. He blinked staring at her, "Uh, neither am I?" He answered more as a question. Baekhyun side eyed him, "Good."

 

Tao face palmed, "Baekhyun, that isn't gay." Baekhyun glared at Tao, "You know it is!" Baekhyun got up from the couch, stomping to her room.

 

The boy looked shocked, "I-I... What?" He babbled, "She's a little bit.. Homophobic, just don't say anything to offend her." Kyungsoo explained. "But I'm not... How is... She's a girl! I'm a guy!" He exclaimed, Suho sighed, it was going to be hard to keep up this image.