Part two

Of Yesterday and Too Much To Say

The train station was quiet and devoid of people.
 
They stood quietly side-by-side, a few meters between the two of them, separating them for what was worth.
 
It was a lead-in to the few years of separation that would come.
 
The wind was well mixed with dust and dirt, blowing against them. She still had her sunglasses on. But it was only when the sky had turned a bright white, when he realized it was the birthday gift from him two years ago.
 
He had nothing to cover his eyes, nothing to cover the last hint of tears that welled up as he thought about everything after. He just kept his eyes narrowed. He had wanted to say so much, so much, but nothing would come out. Please don’t go.
 
His hands suddenly felt cold from that wind, as though a blanket had been lifted away. Sticking them into his pockets, he turned to the opposite direction, facing away from her.
 
Neither of them spoke. It had been fifteen minutes.
 
“Thanks for sending me off.”
 
He turned back, careful not to look at her. Again, the urge to talk came back. But he couldn’t talk, he didn’t know what to say. He nodded half-heartedly, hoping she would see that he wanted to talk so much. Oh, and he still owed her a congratulation that he might never give, because why the hell would he want to congratulate her when she’s leaving?
 
She coughed, he heard. He felt like laughing, knowing all too well that it was just something she did to create noise. But the urge to laugh died when he realized how she hated the silence that surrounded them; when he realized how there was nothing but silence between them.
 
Suddenly he realized that this silence was what he was leaving her with. For the next few years that he has to endure without Hyuna by his side, whether talking or not, he knew he would miss her. He would miss her so much nothing could help him recover. But he couldn’t do anything to stop her now. He just couldn’t. He couldn’t stretch his arms out to hold her back, to hold her in his arms, to tell her everything he wanted to tell her, to tell her that he loves her, so freaking much, to tell her “please don’t go.”
 
He felt helpless and lost. Like a fish out of water. He struggled inside, completely frozen on the outside.
 
It wasn’t until a minute later when the engines roared, when the bells rung.
 
The train was here.
 
He looked at the door that opened in front of them.
 
She stepped forward, the heels of her leather boots clunking against the platform rather noisily. He expected her to continue, but she didn’t.
 
She turned, duffel on her left hand, her right hand raised.
 
He raised a brow, wondering what she wanted to do.
 
Before he could even open his mouth to ask, she had already pulled off her sunglasses.
 
The sunglasses would find its way into his hands, when he finally looked up and made eye contact, then noticing too late her red and puffy eyes.
 
“Not being able to go back to yesterday… doesn’t mean I don’t miss yesterday.”
 
And with the last few seconds before departure, she waved, and then ran into the train.
 
The doors swung shut and the bell rung again. The train’s engines cackled once more before it slowly travelled away.
 
His own eyes reddened. With her (or his) sunglasses in his hand, he picked up his own legs and ran to the ticket counter.
 
“I’d like a ticket for the next train.”
 
The next train would come in twenty minutes, and he’ll be on it. Now, he could finally find the guts to tell her everything he’d wanted to – because yesterday wasn’t too far away.

= = =

A/N: I'm so sorry if the ending ... I didn't want to leave it as a sad ending. I miss JunAh so much and this was what I tried my best to do. Leave a happy (or at least that's how it remotely seems) ending for the poor, precious BBs.