final

Frail
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

​frail; weak and delicate , easily damaged or broken

Everyone around you had noticed.

You were losing weight, you were less productive at work, and you were less of a social butterfly you used to be. Many said it was depression, and some say it was loneliness; but really, who would NOT feel ‘lonely’ if you had no one to welcome you home after work?

At work, there were endless complaints from clients, bosses, and even your fellow employees. The company never lacked chaos and dissonance, and because of this, you often wondered why you were there in the first place, why you applied in an unreliable company. You were young; you had several job options that you can freely apply to and earn money that you need. But for some unknown reason, you chose to work in an unfriendly workplace (even though you are popular in the company), with people chatting endlessly and people whingeing here and there.

Although, you truly knew that your job had nothing but little to do with your problem; in fact, there is only one reason to this.

Joonmyun-

No, it was Suho now.

The fact that he changed his name for the ‘better’ wasn’t the trouble. No, it really wasn’t. It was his actions, his personality and attitude he had recently shown you. Were those his true colours, you needn’t to know. But what you really need to know is if the man still loves you as much as you love him. You knew it wasn’t much to ask, but because of his recent actions, you thought maybe it might be way too much to ask.

He now stands with eleven other men on stage, performing to the best of their ability for those who support them; for their fans. There were times that you love watching him on the television, singing and dancing powerfully, but there were times when you just wanted to have it all to be over. Those times you wanted him out of your life forever, with not a single memory intact in your petty head and fragile heart. You hated yourself for being so dependent to him; for being so in love with him. But you couldn’t help it. The Joonmyun you met four years ago was wonderful, kind, funny, sweet and protective. He was always there for you, no matter what time, no matter where you were, and no matter what your problems were; he was there to keep you safe, to make you feel perfect.

Now, you ask yourself.

Where is he now?

Of course you knew where he was. You know the address to his parents’ house, his dorm address, heck, even his brother’s address.

The only question you want answered is;

Where has the old Joonmyun gone?

 

 

“Joonmyun hyung, can I ask you something?”

“What is it, Sehun-ah?”

There was a short, but loud inhaling coming from the other side of the room. It was Sehun, and through his little actions, it was obvious that he was nervous for what he’s about to say.

“Hyung, don’t you miss…..” Sehun trailed off, not continuing, thinking that the topic was too sensitive for his hyung to answer. “Who, you mean my parents? My brother?” Joonmyun said insensitively while reading his book.

“No, I-I’m talking about ____ noona.”

In an instant, Joonmyun stopped reading and shifted his gaze towards Sehun, who rapidly looked away the moment the latter stared at him. Joonmyun didn’t glare; he was merely trying to wonder why Sehun suddenly asked such a question.

“………I do. But you know I can’t see her anymore, Sehun-ah. It was bad enough I tried sneaking out of our manager’s sight before, or at night just to see her.” The older explained, closing his book and placing it on his bedside table. “But hyung, shouldn’t you be worried about her?” Sehun continued.

“I wonder how she is……?” Joonmyun whispered.

“See hyung? You should go see her tomorrow. I mean, how long have you not seen each other for? Three months? Four months?”

“Eight months, Sehun. Eight months.” He answered with a sigh. Sehun formed his lips to a thin line and glanced at Joonmyun. “Go hyung. We have a day off tomorrow. And besides, I can always cover for you. And the others will too; they will understand.”

“She won’t forgive me. I know she won’t. After leaving her just like that, she won’t believe me anymore. I didn’t even explain to her why I stopped seeing her, why I stopped sleeping in our apartment.”

Joonmyun ran a hand through his neatly combed hair, and expressed a loud, audible sigh. It was evident that the older male was close to freaking out, on the brink of shouting frantically. On the other hand, Sehun had his left hand on his temple, eyes narrowed into a form of idleness.

“Hyung, it’s better late than never.”

 

 

The alarm clock buzzed boisterously,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter