Chapter 1 - New Beginnings

Perfect Opposite
Please log in to read the full chapter
:a/n: thanks for all the subscribers and those who took interest in this story! This is the first chap and this is kind of an intro and a background story of their separate lives, sorry for the errors. still new to this hehe. i made minor revisions from the original post i made on ssf so I really hope some will appreciate it Thanks a lot! :) :) :)

 

Sleeping is essential to our lives. Without sleep, we won’t regain much energy for the next days, or other days to come. This is the philosophy of Jessica’s life. Sleeping especially during school breaks, but since she’s gonna start to enter a university, it hit her as her alarm rang through the room and her sleep that was supposed to be almost the whole day was forfeited because of this fateful event. Realizing  this, she hesitantly got up from her bed.

“Ughh. jinjja?! I have to wake up at 5 am from now on.. College what will you do to my beloved sleep??", Jessica complained to herself as she woke up from the alarm of her cellphone which had the song Tik Tok as its wake up call. She can't believe that time flew so fast and she's got to face a new environment, and a lot of people she never thought would make a great impact on her so called life.

 

As she got up from her bed, she quickly took a shower, dressed up in her civilian clothes although she had her uniform, she thought might as well dress comfortable since they're allowed to in the first month of school because she's a freshman.

 

"Morning Jess! Come eat your breakfast so you'll be ready for school," Mrs. Jung said as Jessica came out of her room ready with her things.

 

" 'Kay mom!" Jessica said while about to eat her full breakfast meal to lighten up her mood because somehow her nervousness and her sleep deprivation is creeping her out.

 

" You want me to give you a ride there?" Her mom asked.


 

"No mom, you don't have to, I can manage I think," Jessica drowsily said as she still eats. Normally she just wanted to get it over with, the first day blues. Though she knows that she really is nervous now, she doesn't want to bother her mom with worries.


 

All of this girl's life she had studied to this one school, through kindergarten up to elementary and high school days, well the school's kinda pricy but let's say they are a little well off and this one's just a short walk from their house so her parents don't mind the fact that the school is a wallet-eater because of the good education they provide.

Jessica's got a sibling, a younger sister in particular named Krystal. She is just a year younger than her.

 

Through Jessica's high school life, her best friends since second year were Park Gyuri and Goo Hara. Well, she had a lot of other good friends but these two are the closest to say for her because she knows she is kind of a private person and does not talk that much to people especially when she was the one to approach. Like that first week of their second year, their adviser arranged them alphabetically so coincidentally, she got a sit beside Goo Hara, and luckily there weren't any other H, I and other J's except her.

 

They were both the quiet type or to say, the-one-who-doesn't-make-the-first-move in having friends. But well, eventually they talked and didn't realize they’ve spent so much time together especially when Jessica had her problems with this other friend and Hara was just there. She appreciates the fact that the girl is there to listen to her silent rants every morning before class starts when they go to the library. Sometimes it would be her, sometimes it may be Hara who would have a problem and she’ll just listen. They know each other well that even that simple presence of each other during those times is enough to make them feel better and do silly stuff afterwards and laugh at the simplest things.

She then befriended Gyuri when she had her first boyfriend then. Gyuri is sociable and fun to be with so Jessica became fond of her so does Hara.

 

Jessica had her "first love" during high school, since her first year. This guy named Lee Donghae was her long time crush or for her, her first love. She met this guy through the online chatroom her friends got her included one time when they were first years.


 

This Donghae was just a year older than them and the guy was the one to add her up on Yahoo. At first, well, she got irritated at the fact that a random guy was bothering her always when she's online but she didn’t even go invisible just to avoid him, instead she still kept on replying. After some time, she just realized she liked him, the way he always keeps her not bored every time they chat and the sense of humor he had must've made her feel that way. She got interested in that person though she haven’t really seen him at person in school or maybe she just ignored him. So she asked her friends if they knew this Donghae, well they were kind of surprised to see Jessica ask about some guy because she's not a boy crazy type of girl and shows little interest if they ogle at some seniors.



 

"Well that's a first Jess, you like him? OMO, didn't know you knew him, I'll point him out to you later when we run into him. Haha.~", a friend of Jessica said while they're loitering outside the campus, it's their dismissal.

"Ya! It’s not like that! I was just asking, there's nothing wrong with that. I'm just curious that's all." Jessica said completely denying but a part of what she said is true, she's curious about how the guy looks like. The picture of the guy in Yahoo is small that she can't recognize him in person.

"Hmm, okay if you say so~.. Oh! There he is right there! Those three guys, see the one in the right side, a little tall but not that tall, that's him!~" the girl wailed as she pointed out on a group of second year students chatting and laughing.

"Oooh.. Okay" Jessica said as she finally saw the guy, well, he looks kinda cool, her type, she never knew she had a type but she just had one. A guy with a right amount of height (not too tall, not too short), fair skin, a nice built and had this great sense of humor, that was HIM – Donghae.

 

She crushed on him her entire first year in high school; they always talked on the internet but not really in person. Maybe because she knew he knew already that she liked him and it didn’t make her feel comfortable that he had the idea and the fact that her classmates ! She feels embarrassed when his class passes by their room and her classmates chants silly nothings at her when Donghae finally walks by, usually she steals a glance but controls herself before her classmates notice her and more.

When she gets irritated, she shots them her icy glare and at a halt they stop. One time Donghae dared her to greet him at school so Jessica said okay because she thought she could do it, it was just a simple "Hi!" right? Well she barely made it and his classmates, some of them also knew about her. She just had no pride at all now to show herself to them.

Well it was a long time crush but eventually they became close friends, they had a fight before the start of her second year but they reconciled and became closer. But then that was when the time Donghae had a girlfriend in Jessica's class. It happened so fast after they've reconciled and though she knew he is kind of a playboy, he still had his good side. They became best friends, he really is a great guy best friend to her, she knew him better, and she also liked how sweet he was, well he really was sweet to begin with but she loved how close they were and she thought it was a better idea than having a relationship with him.

 

One time he revealed that he was going to ask her to be his girlfriend but suddenly the recent girlfriend he had was really fast, the girl really likes him. Well Jessica thought that it’s better that they didn’t end up together. But she knew she got hurt, from the times he goes to Jessica's homeroom and go visit her classmate aka his girlfriend and do those PDA stuff, well the PDA is ticking her off but she still was hurt, this was the time she sometimes cried to Hara. The crying also stopped because she thought it was silly so she just swallowed it all in, met new people and one of those new people was her first boyfriend, Jang Wooyoung.

 

Wooyoung is in Donghae's class, a transferee to be clear. He's taller than Donghae but she little about him. This guy just asked her to be his girlfriend and she just accepted, a little rash move by her but she just tried if it would work out and she knew this wasn't going to last long. That one time they were together during break time made a fuss in their batchmates.

 

Rumors started that Wooyoung was courting Jessica but they never knew the truth that their already in a relationship, only some close friend of the girl. It did not last long because the time after they were together at school, a week after, this Wooyoung guy was talking to some other girl and Jessica knew it was not just some other friend she rubbed it off and even passed by their way and smiled sarcastically to the guy.

 

Jessica shared this story with one of his close guy friends, Siwon – a transferee and from another section. He was actually her crush when the school year started and a friend of Jessica gave her number to the guy and they became close. She was fond of him and he was like resembling Donghae, a little protective and sweet. She liked talking to the guy and he listens very well, when she told him about the incident he did a way to crash Wooyoung by wooing this girl he's been after, since the girl is kind of a flirt and Siwon is really handsome by the way and had that gentleman feel, he succeeded. Jessica was touched by what he did but she knew she had to end the fake relationship so the week after they called it off.

 

Third year, she was not classmates with neither two of them because she was at the cream section. It never bothered her because she thought things would be easy when groupworks were given and she was thankful that she wouldn't have to be a leader. She lazed around during this time but she also had her second boyfriend, but from an exc

Please log in to read the full chapter