Mi Nyu And Jeremy

Sad Clown, Happy Loner

Jeremy and Mi Nyu were sitting in the swings of the amusement park. Families coming in by the bunch were starting to go home, as the kids were getting tired and sleepy.

"Jeremy, gomawoyo," Mi Nyu said.

"Oh, if it is for you, Mi Nyu-ya, then it is all right," he replied.

Mi Nyu was wringing her fingers and was in deep thought.

"Gwaenchanha?" Jeremy asked her.

Mi Nyu looked at him solemnly. It was the first time he saw her this way.

"Jeremy, I'd like to ask," she started. "Do you still like me?"

Jeremy was caught off guard, so he looked away. Mi Nyu saw his blushes and tried to look for answers in his eyes.

"Jeremy?" Mi Nyu asked. "Sorry for making you uncomfortable, but I need to ask."

Jeremy gingerly looked at her. "Uh...O... I still like you....I think...I have fallen in love with you again."

Mi Nyu looked at him sadly. Jeremy did not expect her reaction, as he was hoping that she will say that she secretly likes him too.

"Jeremy."

Jeremy looked at her again.

"Please stop liking me," Mi Nyu begged politely.

Jeremy looked at her, startled. This was the second time that Mi Nyu rejected her, but there will be no secret bus to hide and cry his tears out. Mi Nyu felt a bit guilty while seeing him shed a tear, but she needed to tell him the truth.

"I noticed that you were more than being friendly to me, like, it was more than what you usually show me," Mi Nyu said. "I noticed it the day we accidentally kissed. You started avoiding me, but then, later, you were sweeter than expected."

"Mi Nyu-ya...." Jeremy said, trying to hide his tears.

"You know very much that I love Tae Kyung-hyungnim and only him," Mi Nyu explained. "You are my friend, and I don't want to hurt you. So please, while your feeling has not exploded, please stop loving me. Just as I had told Shin Woo-hyung to stop."

Jeremy wiped a tear from his eyes, and like the first time she rejected him, he smiled at her as if nothing was wrong.

"Arasseo. I will stop liking you," he said, forcing a smile. "Just be friends with me, OK?"

Mi Nyu did not cry unlike the first time. She smiled sadly at him as she promised friendship. Jeremy stood up and looked at her.

"Gaja. Let's go home now," he told her.

Mi Nyu nodded and stood up.

***********************

Mi Nam in the dorm was totally freaking out. His sister did not even call, and her phone was even turned off.

"EOTTEOKHAJI??????" he freaked out.

He dashed to the piano room, where he found Tae Kyung calmly playing the piano.

"Hyung! What are you doing here, playing the piano so calmly?" he shouted.

Tae Kyung looked at him curiously. "Wae?"

Mi Nam panted in anger.

"If I panic just like you, I will lose," Tae Kyung calmly said. "I decided to play the piano to calm my nerves."

Mi Nam went and sat near Tae Kyung. He pushed his hyung's hand, and Tae Kyung was startled at the dongsaeng's rudeness. Mi Nam pounded on the piano furiously as he played some songs.

"What music is that?" Tae Kyung asked him. "That is not music, it is noise."

Mi Nam looked at him spitefully as he played Linkin Park's "Somewhere I Belong."

"Just play a calm music, will you?" Tae Kyung snapped at him. "No matter what you do, all we could ever do is to wait for them to come home."

Mi Nam shot a glare at his hyung. Since when did he become patient? Mi Nam thought that the piece of advice was worth heeding, so he sat down and pounded on the piano softly.

"Don't mess with my piano like that again," Tae Kyung threatened. "That grand piano is expensive, you know."

Mi Nam scoffed at him as he played Simple Plan's "I Can Wait Forever."

Somehow, both of them calmed at the song. Later, Tae Kyung said that he will practice some pieces he had composed. Mi Nam gave in and looked at his hyung.

"I could hex him," he wickedly thought. "Hyung, sneeze three times in a row."

Tae Kyung suddenly sneezed three times in a row. Mi Nam smiled in delight.

"Ugh! The AC must really be very cold," Tae Kyung murmured.

"Oh, hyung, I'll go out for a while," Mi Nam said.

************

"Kekekekek, I sure am a great wizard," Mi Nam said.

He found Aunt Mi Ja in the kitchen.

"Auntie, please ask me what you will bake for me tomorrow," he thought.

Aunt Mi Ja saw him and smiled as she beckoned him to come. Mi Nam went to his aunt and stood next to her.

"What do you want me to bake for you tomorrow?" the ajumma asked.

Mi Nam lit up a smile. "Oh, chocolate chip cookies!"

"Arasseo, arasseo," the aunt said.

Mi Nam was totally excited over his new hexing power that he peeped out of the door and saw Shin Woo with closed eyes, silently listening to his mp3 player.

"Shin Woo-hyung had turned himself into an hermit," he sneered happily. "What song is in your playlist?"

Then Shin Woo sang the chorus of Mami Kawada's song "Akai Namida (Red Tears)."

"Oh! I didn't know Shin Woo-hyung is a fan of 'Shakugan No Shana' anime!" he beamed. "Hehe, I could totally use it on Jeremy all the time!"

He skipped to the living room and made strange movement with his hands, like Gokou doing the Kame Hame Ha.

"Mi Nyu and Jeremy are coming inside, and Mi Nyu will give me a tight hug," he thought.

True enough, Mi Nyu and Jeremy came in. Just then, Jeremy ran to Mi Nam and gave him a tight hug.

"Oh no! I intended that Mi Nyu will hug me, not you hugging me!" Mi Nam thought angrily.

Mi Nyu went behind Jeremy and smiled at her oppa.

"Have you eaten dinner, Mi Nyu?" Mi Nam asked.

Mi Nyu nodded, and Jeremy let go of his hug. He smiled at his frienemy and ran out to the veranda.

"Mi Nyu, did something wrong happen with you and Jeremy?" Mi Nam asked.

"Tell me what happened," Tae Kyung suddenly said, after coming out of nowhere.

The twins looked at Hyungnim, and he looked towards Jeremy's direction.

"I think both of you needed to talk," Mi Nam said.

Tae Kyung and Mi Nyu went out the front door, where they could be by themselves, while Mi Nam spied on them.

"Don't you do anything illegal, Hyung, or I'll hex you again," Mi Nam wickedly thought.

And as he spied on them, Aunt Mi Ja went in her room, and later, Shin Woo went in his room.

***************

"Pig Rabbit, did something happen between you and Jeremy?" Tae Kyung asked jealously.

Mi Nyu smiled at him sadly and told him about the event in the park. Tae Kyung heaved a sigh of relief.

"Aunt Mi Ja told me to just trust you, so I did my best to trust you," he said. "I am glad I took her advice. Looks like I could really trust my girlfriend after all."

Mi Nyu smiled at him and leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Please don't talk to Jeremy about it anymore, Hyungnim," she said. "I am sure that he will stop."

Tae Kyung smiled at her remark.

***************

Jeremy requested Shin Woo if he could have the whole veranda for himself. The hyung did not ask any further, so he just went in. The blondie approached his dog, which rubbed its face on its master's hand.

"Jolie, Mi Nyu rejected me again, for the second time," he said sadly. "I guess mine is a bit better than Shin Woo-hyung, who had been rejected by her more than a hundred times."

Tears began to fall as he began to sing.

When I wake up each morning trying to find myself
And if I'm ever the least unsure I always remind myself
Though you're someone in this world that I'll always choose to love
From now on you're only someone that I used to love

As for me, it's getting down to the last unspoken part
Where you must begin to ease the pain of a broken heart

Tell me why should I even care if I have to lose your love
From now on you're only someone that I used to love

I wish it was enough for you
All the love I had to give
And I did my best to keep you satisfied
I guess you'll never know how much I tried, I really tried

And if ever our paths should cross again
Well, you won't find me being the one to get lost again
Once I had so much to give that you just refused my love
From now on you're only someone that I used to love

When I wake each morning trying to find myself
And if I'm ever the least unsure I always remind myself
Though you're someone in this world that I'll always choose to love
From now on you're only someone that I used to love

 

After the song, he wept and hugged his dog so he could hide his tears in her fur.