Ink

Ugly Beauties Of The Universe

As the only Chinese student in a room of Korean classmates with bigger ambitions than he does, Luhan feels very much out of place. Whenever someone notices his hidden accent and the foreign aura they ask him where he is from; it bothers him because they might as well stamp "MADE IN CHINA" on his forehead in big, red ink. Despite this being one of the most prestigious universities in Korea, it seems like everyone has the mentality of a middle schooler. Sure, Luhan's not that different because he can't help but lack self control when a pretty girl walks by, especially one with a nice . Luhan knows he isn't much different than the other boys, he likes , girls, s, drinking, , sports, s (he's a person.) And overall he's just a man in a university and not quite studying anything. 

He walks from class to the dorms, he can't wait to be in his bed. As he's walking he feels an arm drap over his shoulder and he doesn't even need to look to know it's his much smaller friend, Kyungsoo. 

"What's up?"

Kyungsoo smells of cheap cologne.

"Gonna go to my room."

Kyungsoo removes his arm and walks with Luhan, "I'm coming too."

Luhan keeps walking, already knowing why Kyungsoo is tagging along. 

Once they reach his room and open the door, Luhan's roomate, Jongin, snores loudly with a bucket of spicy fried chicken next to him. Although he adores Jongin, living in a room smelling like grease is not what he expected when he decided on going to study at this university in Korea. It almost makes him wish he never left China. Almost.

Kyungsoo walks over to Jongin and pokes him awake, "Wake up, ."

Jongin slowly opens his eyes to look, more like glare, at Kyungsoo. He cradles his bucket of chicken and pushes himself up. Brown hair falls into his tanned face, honestly the only way to perfectly describe him in the moment is a lost puppy. An grumpy, tired, lost and brown puppy. Who likes chicken.

"Ugh, why?"

Kyungsoo snorts, "Because I'm here. Get up, we're going on a date. And Luhan needs a date with his right hand."

"Actually, my left hand," Luhan corrected.

Jongin giggles and pushes his scruffy hair out of his face to look at Kyungsoo, "Who's paying? Because I ain't."

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, "I guess me. Now get up."

Luhan laughs as he walks to the bathroom, intending to shower. Hopefully they'll be once he's out. 

...

To Luhan's happiness, they are gone. He stretches his body and feels a nice pop in his back. He walks over to his closest to find the hidden treasures he had kept with him when he came to Korea. He pulls out the map in which he had been trying to decipher since he found it nearly nine years ago. Since then, he still doesn't quite understand it. All he knows is that whatever is in this map is leading to is in Korea.

He walks to his bed, with only his boxers on, to his bed. He unravels the map and sees scribbled drawings and small characters in pretty handwriting. Luhan lays the map beside him on the bed and brings his hand to his. A sigh escapes his lips as the map taunts him. He needs to know. 

Getting up again with the map in his hands, he puts it back. He flops on his bed, letting a wave of exhaustion come over him. 

When Luhan wakes up its dark, the sun has nearly completed the cycle of its hours the to point of small splatters of warm colors touch the darkening skies.

Jongin and Kyungsoo aren't back,  Luhan guesses they'll be back by 2 in the morning and he isn't complaining. He pushes himself up, not quite knowing why. As he turns his head to the closet an urge overwhelms to rush over there. Luhan runs and stumbles over there, tripping over the blankets that have trapped his feet. He slams the closet door open and reaches for the map, throwing the clothes that hid it roughly out. He unravels it quickly and Luhan nearly screams in terror when he sees something he has never seen on this map. Even with the years he just stared at it, trying to see something different.  He had hoped that the drawings and foreign words would morph into answers.

He had never seen the crimson ink with blood like tints that copywriters this map belonging to a person named Minseok from 1896.

 

 

a/n: heh