Idea

Ugly Beauties Of The Universe

Holding the crisp paper between his hands, Luhan pressed it close to his chest. Fear and excitement overwhelm along with confusion. Not quite knowing what to do, Luhan goes to laptop and searches "Paranormal experts."

With this, he got multiple paranormal research businesses who claim that they can take care of his "problem". He clicked on what what he thinks is the most reliable website and call them up.

"Exodus Paradox, this is Jongdae speaking, how can I help you?"

Luhan nervously bit his lip, "I, uh, I need some help."

Jongdae asked, "Can you explain the situation to me?"

"Well, about a decade ago I - uh- found this map in the woods. I was in China. Because I'm from China, uhm. Well, I for some reason freaked out and had this urge to look at the map and there's new words on it."

Luhan heard a chair squeak, "How about you come over to the office here with this map, I can assure that we can figure this out."

"Uhm, do I have to make an appointment or something?"

"No, come over whenever you can. I can assign someone to your case, would you like that? "

"Well, can you tell me who they are?"

Luhan hears the man ruffling through papers, "Well, there's a few groups that work here. Each contain three to four members. In each group there is a psychic, two researchers that dig into what they can over the history of this, and paranormal expert. They all have the latest technology. Can I ask for some personal information? Such as who you are and all that."

"Well," Luhan  begins, "I'm a college student majoring in criminal justice. Uhm, I'm 25. I'm from China. Uhmmm..."

Jongdae hums as Luhan continues, patient and willing to listen. Once Luhan finishes, Jongdae say, "Well, thank you. By the way, I go by the name Chen. When you are at the office avoid calling us by our names. It's important and we'll discuss that later. Come over whenever you please."

Luhan nods as if he's here with him, "I'll come over tonight."

"Alright, see you soon."

The phone cuts off there and Luhan gathers up his stuff. He makes sure that he has his wallet and the map. He writes to Jongin he'll be back soon and leaves, taking his jacket with him.

 


 

Luhan is sure that the address it right, it's got to be; but the building is the strangest thing ever. Creepy maniquins, old artifacts, as well as strange skulls and other stuff displaying on the through the window freaks Luhan a bit out. The cab driver barely waited for Luhan to get out before he hauled out of there and Luhan didn't even get to pay him. But, he isn't complaining. 

It's dewy outside and he has the nap tucked securely in his Zelda messenger bag that he usually keeps his laptop in. He arrives to the door and tries opening it only to realize that it is locked. He couldn't help but raise an eyebrow thinking that maybe it was all just a prank until he heard a grainy voice come from the mailbox attached to the building.

"State your name and a workers name."

Luhan just curiously looked at the mailbox. It looked weirdly normal compared to the building. He was wondering if he had press something or whatever but he couldn't find anything so he just yelled at it, "XIAO LUHAN AND CHEN"

The grainy voice returned his calls with laughter and mocking words, "You look like a moron. Open the lid and don't yell ."

So he did, and still he saw nothing that could possibly explain where the voice comes from. He states the names again and heard a buzz from the door. He tries opening it and this time it actually worked. Curiously, he stepped in. Seeing nothing but blinding darkness.

 What the . 

As he is about to blink florescent light floods his vision and for a moment he wonders if he went momentarily blind. He looks around and sees about an equal amount of numbers of men and women. All strangely beautiful.

"It's nice to meet you, Luhan, my name is Chen."

The man who spoke has a Cheshire grin gracing his cat like lips. His shaggy hair frames his face that speckles with four o'clock shadow. A mysterious, mischievous glint glaze over his soft brown eyes and long, dark lashes. His checkbones are handsome and he strikes Luhan as not appreciative of his handsome feature. 

"You're the man I talked to earlier to, correct?"

Chen barely nods his head and Luhan takes a chance to look around. Old artifacts and creepy things nearly overflow to the window,  but perhaps it's worth it because Luhan is sure he had seen things that are worth more that his life and millions of others put together. 

"So, where's the map?" 

Luhan hands the map and watches some amount of men run up and look throught, gasping in awe.

Luhan wonders if being here is a good idea.