The Symphonies of Footsteps

Ugly Beauties Of The Universe

The snapping twigs under his combat boots bring a slight smile on Luhan's lips. It may be annoying to walk in the rain with denim jeans clinging to your legs and droplets sliding off leaves to your head, but it's all so refreshing to Luhan to be here in the rain. He runs his fingers along a tree of sharp bark, wanting to enjoy every sense that he can even when he feels his hand being cut up.

Luhan sweeps his eyes over the ground and notices something slightly popping up from the mud. Luhan bends over and lightly pulls at the object, feeling the soil slip under his short nails. He sees that it's only a wrapper for what used to be a poptart. He sighs and puts it his bag. He looks around and sees a tree. The tree looks like all trees, with grayish bark, leaves, and whatever else, but there is paper in its trunk. Luhan makes his way over and cautiously pulls out the rolled up paper. He sees that it is a map. It's wet and barely readable, but it's already worth something to Luhan.

He puts the map into his bag and carries on into the forest, enjoying to the slight sting of the blisters on his feet.

 


 

It's still raining when Luhan gets up in the morning. His alarm clock is blazing in his ear; he grunts as he sits up and roughly pushes the button to turn it off. He yawns as he stretches and hummed in relief when he felt his back pop.

He trudges to the kitchen and brews coffee.

The bag from yesterday sits beside the door and leaning on the wall. The black bag is still damp and dirt cakes the bottom, but he doesn't mind. He dumps all the contents of the bag onto the kitchen table. Unfortunately there isn't as much as usual and items are kind off boring. He found a flower pendant necklace, a Pepsi can, a Poptart wrapper, and a map.

He opens up the map, see what he can see. He perks up once he realizes how the piece of paper dried. It's much easier to read now. But, Luhan doesn't understand the map. He doesn't know what to make of it. Unfamiliar characters that are not in his language are written into the paper with dark ink. He figures Google will answer his questions, at least with the language.

He goes back to his and unplugs his charger from his laptop so he can bring it back in the kitchen. He places the map on the table next to his laptop and begins to type the following: what language has circles in it?

What he got was that it's Korean, or Hangul as the proper term. He hears a car door being slammed and he rushes out of the kitchen with his stuff to hide the remnants of yesterday from his parents.

He hears the front being opened and he waits in his bed to hear the footsteps so he can know who it is. He'd prefer that it's his mom. Whenever she comes back she humms a subtle, beautiful melody and her footsteps are soft and quite, they almost sound as if they are part of symphony. 

To Luhan's dismay, the footsteps are clunky and heavy, they sound as if they are carrying a huge weight. It's his father. His father's own orchestra is messy and unorganized. Don't get Luhan wrong, though! He loves his dad, but he prefers his mother's presence over his dad's. Despite the loud footsteps, his dad is weak and soft spoken. He goes with the flow of society and he lets his warm soul being drowned by the cold water of expectations. Luhan's mother though, she's strong and proud. She forces her own subculture through mainstream culture with passion and blinding brilliance.

Luhan forces himself out of his to see his dad, but he nearly regrets it when he sees his father with his head in his hands and his suit crinkled. Luhan quickly makes a cup of coffee for his father and places it on the coffee table beside his dad. His father looked up at him with a warm, tired smile that makes Luhan's heart twinge with guilt. 

"Thank you, Luhan."

After gathering a bit courage, Luhan asks, "Can I take Korean classes."

His father has questions in his eyes but he wants his son to full fill the curousity in his life, "Of course."

 

a/n: hey, here's an update !! remember guys, i mostly write chapters for my fanfics on my phone so sorry about the grammer; i always try to fix it up whenever im on an actual computer.