Chapter 2 (END)

You Can Deny It, But I Won't

You Can Deny It, but I Won’t

By       : akahashi

For       : facekris

To        : Fan Fic Exchange

Chapter 2

 

Lay still try to absorb what just happened. Kris said nothing and left him with Lay must go home with taxi. For note, Kris would never do that to him. Not even for ridiculous reason that Lay can think of so Kris can stay with him and forget about his job. Kris would always accompany him. Underline and bold that.

In his thought right now, he can just think of one name. ‘Park Chanyeol’

Just because of this ‘Park Chanyeol’, Kris can do that. Who is he? Just a wedding singer right? Ah, he would never try to think negative. It’s not his characteristic at all.

Just a wedding singer.

 

==^^At Chen’s office

Chanyeol was said to go to Chen’s office. He knocked the door and open it. Chanyeol came in and sat in front of Chen’s desk and the first sentence that he said was, “Congrats Chanyeol, you have been chosen to be the wedding singer of Kris Wu and Zhang Yixing. Don’t blew this off okay.” It’s more like a statement which Chanyeol nod vigorously. He won’t and he promise.

 

==^^ Kris’ Apartment

            ‘Why can’t I forget those face and voice?’

            ‘What’s happening to me?’

            ‘I’m soon going to be married for God’s sake!’

Kris is pacing in his living room while the clock’s ticking and make the situation even more thicker than before.

“I need to do something. I’m going crazy,” finally he do something to erase those strange feeling by calling the company and ask where Chanyeol about. Immediately he grabbed his coat and get to his car to meet Chanyeol.

Chanyeol who messily lie down on the bed with his guitar beside him still trying to find the right song for the upcoming wedding when suddenly the door was pounded hard almost like someone wants to break in. He fastly open it and stunned for a second. Infront of him standing the same person who he met infront of the vending machine.

“Hi,” all he can say.

“Hey,” Kris said back.

They are both in silent for a moment until Chanyeol as always melt the awkward situation by saying, “Do you like to come in? Sorry if it’s messy,”

“Sure,” and Kris already inside a place which has medium size, cozy and yes messy just like Chanyeol said, but somehow.. comfortable. They are in silent again until this time Kris who break it.

“What are you doing right now?”, “Hmm, isn’t that suppose to be directed to you? To be honest, this is the first for me to have the groom check the preparation until have to come to my house. The other will be so proud.” He said cheekily with smile.

“Well, yes you should be, I am a good boyfriend. So, you have the list?” Kris said in arrogant voice to cover his nervousness. ‘You’? it should be Lay, but somehow Kris couldn’t say it infront of Chanyeol, but Chanyeol just let it go off.

“Ya, and actually it’s nice. Did you pick that up? ‘Cause for some reason I don’t believe that it was your choice,” Chanyeol said honestly while give Kris the list which made Kris twitch, but remain silent as he see the list of songs which he admits that it was a really good one.

And for the rest of the day Kris stay at Chanyeol’s apartment, discussing many things until it’s time to go to his own apartment. So now Kris’ habit until the D-Day was after his job done, he will come to Chanyeol’s who will always ask him and Kris will say ‘song’ and so it becomes regular visit.

 

==^^ The D-Day

  • Lay’s room

            Today is a bright day specially for Lay, because in one hour he will be Kris’ and he will be his. Lay can remember every single time when they first awkward meeting, their friendly conversation although still with tight smile, ‘till what they are now. But as the times attach the both of them, he began to think that these days Kris was avoiding him.

Whenever he wants to go to Kris’ office, the latter will always not in his seat. It’s not like he can’t understand it, but Kris would use excuses such as ‘preparing our wedding more than you can imagine’ or ‘more job coming, and I have to go to...’ and etc.

Bull.

He can’t act like it’s nothing anymore.

He can see too, you know. Kris can’t act like it’s just for ‘their’ wedding, when actually it’s for ‘them’.

You are cruel. He thinks.

But I won’t make like you do. You’ll see. Then he smile gently.

 

==^^ Kris’ room

‘God, why am I have to be so nervous?’ he let his feeling to be uncontrol but outside the poker face stay still perfectly like nothing happens.

‘Lay will mock me for sure this time. Chanyeol will think of some new insults. Wait... Wait.. WAIT! Chanyeol? Why am I must think about him?’ his inner self can’t stay not to have a fight any longer.

Not, this isn’t right. At all.

After this, Kris will forget Chanyeol. For good.

 

==^^ Wedding time

The guests have arrived, the MCs gave their warm regards to the guests.

“Thank you for the time that all of you have separated to spend this lovely evening to watch a sacred vow between Wu Yifan and Zhang Yixing. Now, please welcome Zhang Yixing.” the lamp then lights to the door which Lay already stood with white all over him slowly walk to the aisle companied with Chanyeol’s soft voice until he reached the altar.

“Now, please welcome Wu Yifan,” the MC said and Kris then walk to the aisle along with Chanyeol’s voice. In his mind, he can just think ‘How beautiful he is,’

The MCs have sat and now it’s time to the priest to begin the vow.

“Wu Yifan, do you accept Zhang Yixing as your husband in happy or sad, healthy or sick until the death separates both of you?”

“I do.”

Now, it’s for Lay ‘I will end this happily, believe me,’ “Zhang Yixing, do you accept Wu Yifan as your husband in happy or sad, healthy or sick until the death separates bith of you?”

Lay doesn’t answer immediately. It makes Kris turn his head to him with confused face.

With smile, Lay answers, “No, I don’t.”

Shock was viewed on everyone’s face includes Kris. “Why?” is the only thing he can think of.

“I love you, but the I realised that this is not the best way to express it. The hurtful thing is that I showed it on the last second. I’m sorry,”

“Don’t say sorry if you don’t mean it at all. Its okay if you hurt me, but you hurt me in front of people, Lay. You wanna make me shed my tears in front of you and guests, ” He said desperately but with anger.

“Who says that I’m going to hurt you? If we continue this, then you can blame me for the miserable life that you’re going to have with me. Believe me that I want to save you, idiot! Chanyeol-sshi, come here, will you?”

Chanyeol with confused face walk slowly towards Lay, not understand of what he’s going to do.

Lay then took Chanyeol’s left hand before he can refuse then took Kris’ right hand and united their hands together.

“See? Fit aren’t they? Don’t lie Kris, I know it that he is the one for you.” Still with playful tone in Lay’s voice but sincere.

“Wh..Wha..What do you mean Lay-sshi? We are just friends. Don’t misunderstand our realtionship, it’s not like what you’re thinking, ” Chanyeol wants to take his hand’s off, but it’s too late since Kris gripped his hand tight like the answer to Lay’s statement about his feelings towards Chanyeol.

“He is right. You who can make me perfect. For the past few days, you make me really feeling the world itself for its warmness because of your smile. Underline that please Chanyeol. Everytime I see you smiles, it’s like a gift from heaven that I’ve never have before.  When I hear you mocking me, it’s like an attention that I’ve never have felt anything before. I can’t deny that Lay makes me comfortable and feel lovable. But, I can’t deny too that you can make me the one I am really. The real me,

Chanyeol can’t speak a word. He knew it too that he falls for him, but he also realised that it’s no use since less in a week Kris will be married to his one. But now THIS? What the?? Is this a dream where he wake up it will dissappear in a second? Then please anyone please wake him up now before he falls to deep into his own imagination.

Slowly too Lay take a step back until he sat, but not the place ‘he should’ for now. May be next time, he thought.

“Will you marry me? I know that this is so sudden, but this will be such a waste if don’t use it wisely I suppose.”  He said playfully but there’s purpose behind it.

“Yes,” he smile and return the grip so Kris know that he is happy  too.

Finally the priest renew the vow but it was worthed because happiness is everywhere.

“Hey, how about you Lay? You don’t seem to be sad for giving me to Chanyeol...” Kris who still standing  asked Lay who was eating the food, while the couple still celebrating.

“Well, if I’m going to be honest with the two of you, I think the manager seem to be single himself not forgetting that he is quite attractive with his sincere smile,.. Okay, I’m blabbering and just forget about what I have said..” he said in embarrassed tone like his biggest secret has been told to the world.

 

FIN