Clarity

It's Okay, I'm Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My body spazzes and I wake up. I pat around my bed to find my phone and feel a hard leg. I jolt up and remember Yunho was here comforting me earlier.

“Good morning. Did you enjoy your nap?” he questions nonchalantly. He sounded preoccupied.

“What time is it?” I stretch my arms.

“Around 1 AM.” I sit up quickly.

I turn around and see him reading my Econ book. “I told you to wake me up in 20 minutes! Not 5 hours!” Wow. Five hours was a lot compared to the sleep I usually get.

“You shouldn’t even worry. This chapter doesn’t even seem long. You could catch up.” He shut the book.

I was about to grab the book. He stops me. “You should rest.”

I honestly needed something to distract me. “Shouldn’t you go home?”

He still wouldn’t budge. I hated how weak and small I was compared to him. “I texted my mom. She’s okay with it.”

I didn’t want him to see me like this. I wanted time to myself. “Yunho. Go home!” I yelled. This both shocked us. I never yelled at Yunho. I’ve been irritated by him, but I never yelled.

For the third time, I broke down in front of him. I guess I really needed him.

I suddenly felt my chin being lifted. I opened my eyes and the next thing you know, his lips were on mine.

Initially, I was shocked. My brain had melted all over. I didn’t care that my best friend was kissing me right now.

I kissed him back with fervor. Emotions were sparking all over my body.

Comfort. Distraction. Acceptance. Relief. Want. Affection.

Never in my life have I felt so strong about something.

I cupped his cheek with my left hand and grabbed his neck with the other. I don’t know where I gathered the courage to make such a bold move. It sounds cliché, but it just felt right.

I don’t know how long we had been making out, but Yunho lightly pushed my shoulders off of him.

“I’m so sorry.” He finally exclaimed. We were both breathing hard.

I was embarrassed for showing such a promiscuous side to him. “For what?”

He straightened his shirt. “I don’t want it to seem like I’m taking advantage of you when you’re not in your best position. I really like you. I’ve liked you for years.” I was surprised by his rambling confession. “I just felt that it was the right moment and I couldn’t contain myself and—” He stopped talking, but I wanted him to continue. He gently slid me off his lap and stood up. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter