Comfort

It's Okay, I'm Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BoA’s PoV:

I nearly slammed my head on my desk at home.

The laptop next to me was giving a dull glow. A slow hum was heard. The bottom was a bit warm, probably due to the long hours it has been working.

A five-minute power nap? Can you do it BoA-yah?

I close my eyes. AP Calculus homework? Check. AP Literature reading? Done. AP Government project? That’ll take me an hour? AP Economics outline? Ouch. The outline may take around one to two hours. What else? I then thought of the countless hours of scholarship essays I had to write. . I still need to plan the schedule for Dancefest. I internally sigh. I wonder how much time has gone. I open my eyes. To my luck, I had 3 minutes to rest. I was so stressed out that I didn’t want to rest, but I was too tired to work. Being captain of the school’s dance team, preparing for my second degree Black belt in Taekwondo, working my off for college preparatory on top of school, I wondered how I was still alive. Kim BoA: A high school student, supposedly enjoying her senior year. I’m embarrassed to admit that I didn’t have my license nor held a job. I hadn’t had a boyfriend since freshman year, but let’s be real. Anything from your first year is overrated.

My phone buzzed and a picture of my best friend popped up.

Why don’t you stop working like a mule and let’s hang out like the good old days :)

I rolled my eyes. I love my best friend to death, but his playful texts like these bothered me. He knows I’m busy with life, yet he continues to pester me.

I know you’re awake~

I slam my phone on my desk. I awaken my laptop for the nth time today. I think I’ll use my essay about being captain for UC’s Leadership essay and reuse the essay about being a Korean American for the private school essays. I was unsatisfied. I didn’t like having to reuse essays. It’s as if its contents lost its value.

I decided to open my email and check for any news regarding any due dates or admissions.

My heart dropped seeing the first email.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter