why so dense

How to Love a Girl

chapter eight


 

Weeks after the Leeteuk Instagram Post issue died down, Taeyeon focused more on her studies. She knew that it would just be a waste of time if she'll think about the answers to her questions. One day, she read her history book under the shade of the trees - the exact spot where she knew that Leeteuk would be leaving for New York. The place was always her comfort zone even before she dated Leeteuk.

Henry, a violinist and a music major, made his way towards the busy Kim Taeyeon. The guy always found her attractive. However, Henry is known to everyone as a playboy. He wanted his relationships to be so easy. And that's why in a month or so, he always ends up single,  finding for another girl to hook up with.

Taeyeon lifted her head up upon seeing the guy's presence. She thought, "What is he doing here?"

"Hi, Taeyeon. Can I sit with you?" Henry asked, being polite.

Taeyeon just nodded her head. Henry sat beside her.

"How are you?" Henry initiated small-talk.

"I'm fine. Just busy with my studies," Taeyeon answered briefly.

"You've been seeing someone?"

"No."

"Ah."

Taeyeon went on with her reading although she felt really distracted by Henry's presence. She kept on wondering in the back of her mind, "What does he want from me?"

"Leeteuk already found someone else, eh? What a pity," Henry uttered.

Taeyeon raised her eyebrows. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm sorry. Taeyeon-ah, I think you shouldn't waste time waiting for Leeteuk to come back. You should try other fishes in the sea, you know. You can hang out with me if you want," Henry said.

"Thanks, but no thanks. I've got my own circle of friends and I don't want to waste my time on you nor Leeteuk," Taeyeon faced Henry.

Henry laughed under his breath, "I'm not a boring person to date, Taeyeon-ah."

Just before Taeyeon could shut Henry's mouth up, Baekhyun came raging in and said, "What are you doing, Henry? Looking for another woman to date?"

"Are you seeing this guy?" Henry asked sarcastically.

Taeyeon just stared at Baekhyun.

"You've got to be kidding me," Henry chuckled.

"We're not seeing each other, Henry. I just don't want you to bother her. Can't you see the look in her face? She's annoyed at you," Baekhyun explained.

"There you go, there you go," Henry stood up, shaking the dirt off his clothes, "If you aren't seeing each other, then why do you have such concern on her? Hey dickhead, stop dreaming because Taeyeon will never say 'yes' to a guy like you. You aren't even an inch close to Leeteuk-hyung!"

Baekhyun grabbed a fistful of Henry's blue shirt and punched him directly. Henry fought back, making Baekhyun's nose bleed. Taeyeon stood up and tried to stop the two of them from fighting each other. The students around looked at them yet no one was able to help Taeyeon stop the two. Luckily, Chanyeol and Tao saw this and came running down to stop the fight.

Tao stopped Henry by grabbing his shirt whilst Chanyeol stopped Baekhyun from attacking Henry. Taeyeon was so nervous and confused.

"Henry, first of all, I don't want to date you. Okay? I don't want to be one of the girls you bring to your apartment! I'm not like that. And you, Baekhyun... Thanks for defending me. But you didn't have to do that. You didn't have to do that," Taeyeon said. She ran away right after.

Henry took Tao's hand off from his shirt and hissed. He went away as well.

"Let's have your nose treated, shall we?" Chanyeol told Baekhyun, whose eyes followed Taeyeon.


 

"What have I done?"

Taeyeon buried her face under her palms. She was sitting down the stairway. She was at the verge of tearing apart once again. Everything has never been in place ever since Leeteuk left her.

Just then, Eunhyuk, Leeteuk's best friend arrived. He put his hands around his waist and said, "What was that?"

"Leave me alone," Taeyeon told him.

Eunhyuk started imitating Taeyeon's words awhile ago, "You didn't have to do that. Blah blah blah!"

"If you're here to up my day, then leave!" Taeyeon yelled at him.

"No, Taeng. I'm here because I'm worried about you. I know that you've been through a lot, like seriously. And in behalf of my stupid best friend who still haven't contacted you, I would like to say sorry but that wouldn't work, right? I'm here to talk about what happened with Henry and Baekhyun earlier," Eunhyuk sat beside her.

Taeyeon was still silent.

"Henry... that guy's a total idiot for insulting Baekhyun and I can see that Baekhyun wanted to defend not only you, but also himself. Taeng, how can you be so dense?" Eunhyuk patted Taeyeon's knee.

"Dense? What do you mean?" Taeyeon asked, her eyebrows meeting each other.

"Can't you see? Baekhyun obviously loves you! And I know that the two of you have been hanging out lately. I know that somewhere in your heart, he has a space. He's slowly filling in Leeteuk's spot, but you're afraid to assume. Afraid to commit. Afraid to love again. It's hard to love someone by yourself, Taeng. He loves you and he doesn't mind whether you know about it or not. But here's the thing, give him clarity. Give him answers the way you want your questions to be answered by Leeteuk," Eunhyuk explained.

"You're right. But I have to give it some time..."

"You'll have to think about it thoroughly."


 

Chanyeol and Tao helped Baekhyun with the blood on the bridge of his nose. Baekhyun was so distracted that he didn't even feel the pain as they cleaned his nose.

"Dude, you don't have to worry," Tao said.

"It's my fault. I shouldn't have done that. Taeyeon's right," Baekhyun mumbled.

"But Henry called you a dickhead! He broke everything, dude. It's natural for Baekhyun to defend himself. Good thing he's got him in the eye," Chanyeol said.

"Will she be okay?" Baekhyun asked.

"She will be," Tao assured him, "I don't think Taeyeon-ssi is the type of person who will shut people off."

"The important thing is you're okay right now, Baek. Taeyeon can handle herself. And don't bug her. I'm sure she's still thinking about what happened recently," Chanyeol added.


 

Three days has passed since the incident at the school grounds. There was no sign of Baekhyun hanging out with his friends around the campus. Taeyeon kept on looking for him at random times, but there was no sign of him. She wanted to talk to him so badly. So, she decided to look for Baekhyun's friends.

Kai, Seulgi, DO, Suho and Sehun were seen eating together at the canteen. Luckily, it was Taeyeon's free time too. She approached the happy group.

"Hi guys," Taeyeon waved her hand at them.

They looked at her and remembered what happened recently. Kyungsoo and Suho looked at each other.

"Have a seat, Taeyeon-ssi," Seulgi invited her to join them.

"Nah, it's okay," Taeyeon refused the offer.

"Ah, Taeyeon-ssi... I hope you could join us later. We're going to find clothes for the film fest," Sehun said.

"I still have a class until 5PM. I'm sorry. Plus, Heechul will help me out with my dress," Taeyeon replied.

"That diva..." Sehun laughed under his breath.

"I was just wondering...where is Baekhyun? I haven't seen him for days," Taeyeon asked.

Kyungsoo nudged at Suho. The whole group fell silent.

Suho spoke up, "He's sick. He's got a fever. That's what his mother told me over the phone. I had to update his classmates and take his notes."

"Really?" Taeyeon expressed worry.

"He'll be fine. He'll...come back," Suho assured her.

"Oh. Thank you so much," Taeyeon thanked them for the information.


 

Baekhyun tossed and turned around the bed. He was badly sick. He wrapped himself up with a couple of blankets and tried to close his eyes. But all he could see was her.

There was a knock on the door. It was Baekhyun's mom, carrying their wireless telephone.

"Baekhyun-ah, it's Suho. He's wondering why you're absent. Do you have the strength to talk to him?" Baekhyun's mom asked.

Baekhyun shook his head, "Just tell him the truth. Tell him I've got a bad fever and I want him to keep track of my classes. If it's okay for him."

"Okay."

 

On the third day of his absence, Baekhyun woke up, fully recovered from his high fever. However, he still didn't feel like going to school. He knew that he still didn't have the face to see Henry or Taeyeon or anyone. He rolled up in his bed, pretending he was still sick.

He knew that his absence would make Taeyeon wonder. And he wanted it to happen that way. He wanted her to know what she's done wrong, too.


 

[A/N]: OKAAAY. TO ALL DENSE PEOPLE OUT THERE, LEARN FROM THIS CHAPTER HAHAHAHAHA

I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPPIE ♥