shout it out

How to Love a Girl

How to Love a Girl

chapter 3


 

 

The boys of EXO started filming their project under the heat of the afternoon sun. Everything went well as expected although there were little mistakes from the actors and actresses. Memorizing Baekhyun’s elaborate script was a real challenge to them. Right after filming three scenes in the school grounds, Kyungsoo decided to take a break and review all the scenes.

Taeyeon walked around in circles, memorizing her lines. Baekhyun watched her. Seeing a spot where the exhausted lady could sit, he motioned the girl to sit down.

“Nah, it’s okay,” Taeyeon refused.

“No, I’m serious. You might get dizzy memorizing all the lines I wrote,”Baekhyun said.

Taeyeon smiled. The two of them sat down on a bench together. It took them a long time to talk to each other again.

“I think Leeteuk’s parents were doing it on purpose,” Taeyeon mumbled.

“What?” Baekhyun asked.

“When I visited their house, I overheard Leeteuk and his mother talking to each other inside the kitchen. I didn’t mean to eavesdrop, but I was about to talk to his mom that time. His mom said ‘Are you sure she’s the girl you want to date? Aren’t there any other girls, Leeteuk-ah?’ That sentence never left my mind. Was that an insult? Ever since I heard his mom talk about me like that, I knew that they kinda disagree with Leeteuk. And I think they made Leeteuk go to New York because of me,” Taeyeon started her story.

“You’ve been dating him for two years already. How is that possible?” Baekhyun asked, confused.

“We never know what their game plan is. Maybe they just gave their son two years of happiness and ended it when they realize that their son is almost graduating college,” Taeyeon said, “I am so done with this.”

 

Baekhyun stared at Taeyeon for awhile.

 

Why is it that I want to touch such a girl like you?

You’re like broken glass, but I still want to touch you.

 

Noticing this, Taeyeon looked back at him.

 

“What’s with the lingering stare?” Taeyeon asked.

“Nothing. I just have a really good idea,” Baekhyun said.

“What?”

“If it’s okay with you, I’ll take you to a place wherein we can eat dinner and shout out our heavy feelings at the same time,” Baekhyun tried to negotiate with her.

“Mmm. Sounds good. But just like any other girl, I have a curfew,” Taeyeon reminded him.

“Excuse me. Boys have curfews too. I know where I stand, Taeyeon-ssi,” Baekhyun smiled.

 


 

 

After eating bulgogi together, Baekhyun took Taeyeon on a bike ride towards their destination. Taeyeon never complained about riding a plain old bike. She was the kind of girl who loves adventures. She knew it was awkward to hold Baekhyun by his stomache, but this is an adventure anyway.

Baekhyun could feel Taeyeon’s long hair swinging in the air as it hit the side of his head from time to time. He could sense that Taeyeon was enjoying the ride.

They arrived at a grassy vacant lot. Baekhyun was aware that the lot was owned by a lonely middle-aged man down the street. But nobody said it was off-limits to do some stargazing and shouting. He opened his bag, pulled out a few newspapers he got and placed it on the ground.

“Sit down,” he said to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon grinned. They sat together, admiring the sky and the city lights from afar. Baekhyun looked at Taeyeon in awe. She was more than that of the constellations in the sky. Her eyes twinkled with hope.

“Now’s the time to let all your feelings out. All the things you want to say to Leeteuk-sunbaenim…say it in this place. Don’t be shy,” Baekhyun said.

“But there are people in this neighborhood-“

“Nobody cares. I’ve done this a lot. Trust me.”

“You’re so weird.”

“I know.”

Taeyeon laughed under her breath and stood up, clasping her hands together. She laughed once again.

“This is just between you and me. Badmouth him if you can. I don’t care. You can even cry. I’ve got a box of tissues in my bag,” Baekhyun assured her.

“Are you Dora’s male version or something? You always have something in your bag!” Taeyeon chuckled.

“Well, sort of. Come on,” Baekhyun replied.

Taeyeon cupped to make her voice louder. She started shouting.

“Park Leeteuk! You liar! You jerk! You dumbhead! You ert! Gay! Short-tempered! Keeps on eating spicy food that whenever we kissed my mouth stung! you, ultimate ! You left me for nothing! I hope the girl you’ll date next will never love you as much as I do… no, did! I mean it! One day, I’m gonna be okay. Maybe you’re not my star-crossed lover yet. Maybe you were just some kind of stupid lesson I had to go through. Wherever you are right now, off from my life!”

Baekhyun applauded. He never expected Taeyeon to curse the guy so much.

“Aish!” Taeyeon kicked in the air.

“That’s it?” Baekhyun asked.

“Uh-huh. I feel better now,” Taeyeon affirmed.

She sat down beside the chuckling guy again. Since it was a very risky thing to shout out one’s feelings in the air, Taeyeon thought of making Baekhyun do the same. He did this a lot, anyway.

“Your turn. I’m ready to listen to you,” Taeyeon tapped the guy’s shoulder.

Baekhyun stood up with confidence. He cupped his hands around his mouth and started shouting.

“You! The girl I love the most… I hope you’re listening well! I love you from afar no matter how hard it is. I will save you always when you’re in trouble or when you’re in need. Just please stop thinking about that guy because he ! You met the wrong person. The right person might just be right behind you all the time. Or beside you. Or in front of you. Whatever. Just look around for once! You never know what you’ll find. Please give my love a chance. I love you very very much!”

Taeyeon’s jaw dropped upon hearing all Baekhyun’s words, “You love someone?”

Beads of sweat were rolling down the side of Baekhyun’s face. He heaved a sigh and said, “Yeah.”

“That girl must be lucky. She should notice you. Because you’re not the person everyone expects you to be,” Taeyeon uttered.

“I hope so,” Baekhyun said. There was a pang in his heart when he said those words.


 

[A/N]: Wew. I was shocked to see 50 subbies in this story XD Thank you so much guys. I'll return back the favor by giving you a lot of BaekYeon moments. Watch out for more pairings in the next chapter(s). I love you guys! ~