The Instant the Sun Rises

Ink Well

The Instant the Sun Rises
I rarely go on tumblr these days, because data and all, but today I went on and saw this beautiful art set by this guy and asdfghjkl gotta do something.

 

The floorboards creaked dangerously as he sidestepped down the stairs to the small section where he put the warm bucket of water. Quickly splashing his face, he patted his underarms too since his shirt wasn’t on yet and reached for the towel hanging somewhere.

A soft, fuzzy fur pushed up to his face and he started to laugh. It followed with a crisp woof! and a series of to his face to get the moisture off.

“Stop!” he laughed along as the dog continued, “Ah, Minnie! There’s no point in washing my face if you just it.”

Woof! Minnie, a shiba inu with a slightly more bushy tail pounced into his lap to continue her love.

“Oh sheesh, you’re making us late,” he pet Minnie, standing up to slip on the hanging white dress shirt. “Man, why does school have to be so far?”

But all he got was a smiling dog face with her tongue out, wagging her tail awaiting him.

“I get it! Complaining is Sunggyu’s job, okay okay,” he hobbled to get both loafers on and rolled up his trousers. “Ready?”

Woof!

Blowing out the candle lights, he made his way out of the steeled house and to the side where they put the bikes. One out of the two was gone, and he let out a breath harsher than he thought before he noticed. He lite the lantern to the front of the bike and swung a leg over the frame.

There was a small stream next to their house, which was purposely built here to water their farm. He glided across the shaky boards and saw the first rays of the sun dance and shine on the disquieted white waters as they reflected the magenta clouded sky. Streams of cirrus clouds lined the passages of the star dotted sky in routes for planes which the HighLanders take.

His bike seat was well worn, patched time after time in rough stitching and patches of cloth discarded at the Decow. Just under the seat dangled two charms, one red packet that said [Good Fortune] and another small dog that was black and white. The frame cased in rust made lots of noise as the old wheels rolled through the well ridden path. The only path he knows. In the middle grew fast blueberry clovers in bunches where they hadn’t stepped, Minnie loved putting her paws on the fresh sprouts.

Still early as they raced the sun to rise, fireflies wandered in their pink lights around the farm, illuminating various areas in blinks, floating low and high. They uncovered the undergrowth of lavender bushes that rimmed the fields of watermelon. The large, dark leaves painted for a few seconds a flushed glow. Sticks half-hazard poked into the ground, some in crosses, others fell to the dirt.

The air was cold, the lack of noise even more ridged than the wind as he continued on his creaking bike down towards school. Minnie, panting at his side, kept up with familiar ease. It made him quite jealous.

“If I was half as athletic as you, Minnie,” he joked, grinning up at the violet hued morning he sees now in this quiet world, “Then I could swim with Sunggyu forever.”

Woof!

*

Leaving the water was always the hardest thing to do every morning. In fact, since the air is so horridly cold, he tries to wear less in contradiction to think it’s warmer. His philosophy: I will probably get used to it someday. That’s a joke Woohyun always laughs at.

There are a thousand pebbled paths that he could take a maze of well-rounded oyster hued rocks jumbled colors like a circus; bouncing back and forth with greens, silver, the ocean and salmon. They rose in accumulation, varying sizes like mini towered cities of rock for the algae. Just, above the water they stood without moss, without coverage. The air was too cold and ridged now for clinging life on the rocks.

Arf!

A black and white Shepard’s dog padded alongside him, a lantern with a glowing goldfish swam in petrified water. He carried a bundle on his back, which were spare clothes for his owner.

“Authur, I’m telling you I’m fine dressed like this,” he mumbled, shivering as they scaled the pebbled path of osculated rainbows. He fixed the hat on his head, trying to conceal the bed hair he hadn’t the time to tame.

The dog looked at him with a calm look, much more composed than his owner and stepped just a bit faster towards their school.

“Hey! Okay, I know Woohyun and Minnie are already beating us, so let’s take our time.”

Authur started to speed up.

“Okay, I get it! Thank you, Authur!”

They continued in their stroll, him looking back at the gracious blue waters just below the hill as the lands islanded off in stepping stones to the other side of the world. Up here now, he saw the grayed clouds hover over the crystal sapphire atmosphere, concealing the stars from his eyes and boar a single stream of a cirrus cloud.

“HighLanders,” he mumbled, watching with glittering eyes the sun peaking over the start of the world.

Arf!

“I’m getting a move on!” he turned back around to Authur, who’s tail was anxiously awaiting to brush against his ankles.

Every path that leads out of the sea are marched with blank white seagulls, their yellow beaks arrows towards the destination. They flew in parallel Vs, a wonderful spectacle of little white waves scribbling over the air in routes to direct in the waves of pebbles. Water shined light off their white bodies, splashed with the huge island movers, the whales. The waves extend for miles, lapping the shores in soft to echo on in eternity.

His black buckled loafers clicked on the rocks, as he continued up the hill and over to school. Aurthur, his trusty company, is the only one that waits above the surface shining the lantern to lead him above water. His trousers were still soaked, clinging annoyingly to the skin and his white shirt would have to be peeled off later to dry.

But on his bag held two straps that tangled together as they continued on to school with him spouting a complaint here and there, while Aurthur getting faster by each.

One was a blue packet that said [Longevity] and the other a doll of a golden dog.

“If I could stay up here with you, Aurthur,” he smiled easily with the thoughts of school looming on the near hours. Just hours could he await, could he enjoy, “Then I would breathe with Woohyun forever.”

Arf!

 

 

 

 

 

 


at the moment, i too am leaving for school. but instead of being super cool in an AU im uploading a fanfic. wow. much amaze. 
#HappyKyuziziDay -- still

remember i wont continue this drabble set if you dont ask for it.
Thanks guys.