Art Club

Ink Well

Art Club
I never joined art club but I read a manga about it and this happened.

 

Apparently, when someone can draw, they are battered with questions.

“Who is that?”

“Why is he ? Oh my god, you ert!”

“There’s only one eye you know.”

“Why is she bald?”

“How come you’re drawing so many lines?”

And so forth.

But, he doesn’t get any of that. In fact, he’s so left alone it makes him annoyed that no one asks him the annoying questions. It makes him wonder, is he drawing ? Does it look like crap? Why the hell is no one commenting?

“Drawing him again?” a shadow casts over his notebook.

Looking up, he slumps over his shoulders and sighs, “I guess, Sungjong.”

“Pres, it’s…” Sungjong, his younger cousin and fellow club member toggles a compliment, “Yeah.”

“Yeah?” the Pres, himself, pouts in a ridiculous fashion that it makes Sungjong cringe. “Just yeah?”

Sungjong scoffs, “I’ll see you in the club, Sunggyu-hyung.” And he leaves the classroom in a fast walk.

“Lee Sungjong!” Sunggyu puffs, “What do you mean just ‘Yeah’?!”

*

Art Club is made up of three members, the minimum for a club to exist officially. There’s the president, Kim Sunggyu, who at the moment is lounged on the worn-out sofa picking his nose and not drawing at all.

Then there’s Kim Myungsoo, a lofty kid who is questionable why he’s even here but his art skills are great. Granted, he does only draw in 2D, and mostly 2D anime style girls, and apparently they’re his original characters which in itself makes Sunggyu cringe; but, it is his passion (in this phase of his life) and he’s good at it. So who is to tell him no?

And the youngest, Lee Sungjong, who constantly bats Myungsoo. His style is more realistic, he likes to draw apples a lot, and skills are to brush up on. Seeing how young he is, a freshie, and his skill level now; it’s bound to become amazing as Sunggyu’s, wiggle his nose and smirk, skills.

Sungjong stands after giving an earful to Myungsoo to stop drawing the same character he’s been infatuated with this entire week. His steps are louds as he marches to Sunggyu’s bag, much to his dismay, to take out a relatively thin notebook from all the pages being ripped out.

“Here!” Sungjong triumphantly holds up, and Sunggyu just gets that one annoying booger that’s been itching all day out. “Myungsoo, look at these. Even Pres goes here and about with 2D and 3D. You won’t ever improve with sticking to 2D.”

“It’s not like I want to improve,” Myungsoo wrinkles his nose, taking the notebook only to have a suspicious tissue wad thrown at him.

“Don’t open it,” Sunggyu, finally with great effort, stands up from the sofa.

“He’s awake!” Sungjong baffles, hurriedly taking out a canvas, “Here Pres, draw! Do something to contribute or else our club is going to get shut down for the umpteenth time!”

But Sunggyu just scoffs and takes the notebook from Myungsoo’s loose fingers, “It’s fine. Leave Myungsoo to do whatever. It’s not like he’s drawing them or whatever.”

“Oh nice idea, Pres.”

“Stop giving him ideas!”

Holding back a laugh, Sunggyu opens the club door, “I’m going to step out, get some juice. You guys want some?”

“Black tea,” Myungsoo wiggles the balanced pencil between his upper lip and nose, “With jelly.”

Sungjong hands him a yellow bird coin pouch, “Orange juice.”

“And will that be all, dear customers?” he rolls his eyes playfully. “See ya in a bit.”

*

‘In a bit’ with Sunggyu means he won’t return until the club ends, which is a good hour or so later. He doesn’t buy a drink yet and heads out to room 3-1, where the windows overlook the track. Also his homeroom, and the fact it has the best view of the track pad.

Today is Thursday, a warm late afternoon with the relaxation of school out of mind and club activities reign. It is also the day when the Track Team is out to practice. The only day Sunggyu makes this little stroll to room 3-1.

He hears below, “Hey Woohyun!” It’s an acquaintance of his as a fellow second year, Sunggyu figured that out about a month ago. “Check out my new jersey.”

“Nice!” there goes the familiar bright grin, in short a dimple on his cheek, and his eyes crinkled into little wings. “You made it to JV, Hoya!”

“It was already set in the books since the beginning of the year,” his friend Hoya puffs his chest to hit. “Better than yours.”

“I got this straight from one of the seniors!” Woohyun— Sunggyu notes the little stray hairs untamed on the back of his head where this morning he seemed too rushed to pat down; argues back still grinning like a cat. “Tell me you’re better when we get on the field.”

They banter a little more before jogging towards the warm up area. Sunggyu, ever still moving his pencil that he took from Myungsoo’s bag, becomes a heated red as he started the contours of his chest. Inevitably he erases any marks past the neck, which still looks imperfect to him, and sighs. The head shape is on point, after countless sketches in home economics that he as a third year was blessed to be put in the same class as him. However, he still feels the eyes are off, the dimple is put in the wrong place, and his full lip volume is miscalculated.

If I could just get a few minutes, looking at him straight in the eye… Sunggyu lets out a tensed breath from his nose, moving to knock his elbow onto the window still and his head on his palm. I’d get him perfectly.

“You can’t even catch me in your dreams, Hoya!”

“As if, Woohyun!”

Yeah, Sunggyu lets out a smile. In my dreams.

 

 

 

 

 


#HappyKyuziziDay

suprise. i lied. i do that a lot. 
@cloud69b for suggestions

_cloud