Reunited

Fear of Flying

Luhan was waiting at the check-in line at the airport with poorly contained impatience. He was on his way to see a very important client of the design firm he and his long time friends, Yixing and Minseok, owned. While Yixing was in charge of the creative end of things, Minseok took care of the boring business-y, detail stuff, and Luhan was in charge of the public relations end of the work. Which meant he had to smooth things over with any of their clients if any problems arose. Thus the need for him to fly to the meeting and he hated flying. If he didn't get on the damn plane soon his nerves were going to get the better of him! He ran his slightly sweaty palms down his white skinny jeans and tugged at the hem of his dark blue tee before readjusting his leather bomber, took a deep breath and as he was about to ask the girl (yet again) when they could board, he saw HIM.

It could have been the man's height that caught Luhan's attention or the crowd following his every move or the barely constrained annoyance that glistened in the tall guys eyes which were basically all one could see because of the mask covering half his face. Or it could have been his clothes: long dark wool trench coat, dark straight legged jeans, a dove gray button down shirt, a black face mask and a black military cap, that made him stand out from the  other travelers that packed the busy airport.  Whatever it was, it made Luhan forget what he was about to say. He stood with his mouth hanging open, ready to form words when the tall stranger looked over and caught Luhan's stare. The mystery guy stopped walking in mid stride, causing a small chain reaction of collisions in his wake. He held Luhan's stare for a few seconds before he winked and  started walking again.

Luhan felt like his cheeks were on fire. He was snapped out of his daze when he heard the girl from the ticket counter sigh. "That was Oh Sehun," she said to her friend "you know, international model, playboy and my future husband." She continued to gush to her less than understanding friend.

"He didn't even notice YOU! He did wink at that girl over there though." She said with a nod in Luhan's direction.

Luhan's face flushed a deeper shade of red. 'Girl? I'm manly dammit!' He sat back down in a huff, forgetting for a moment about asking his question and getting the flight over with as he grumbled to himself about people needing glasses.

When his flight was finally called to board, he almost let his anger override his manners but at the last moment he bowed and thanked the two girls before he walked towards the plane.

The anger helped prevent the usual butterflies from being set free in his  belly, until he noticed he would unfortunately be seated next to a tall stranger. The stranger had his hat covering most of his face and his back was angled towards Luhan. Obviously the stranger wasn't interested in making idol chit chat with his seat partner.

The flight attendant went over all the safety tips while Luhan listened to his iPod and hyperventilated practiced his relaxation breathing. Luhan fidgeted with his seatbelt until a large hand reached over and intertwined their fingers together. A shocked glance from Luhan found the man's face still mostly hidden by the hat.

"Relax. I won't let anything bad happen to you, sweetheart," the stranger spoke for the first time.

Luhan's eyes snapped with sparks of anger. He was about to correct the man's assumption that he was a girl, when he caught the teasing twinkle in the man's eyes.

"I'm fine!" Luhan bluffed.

"Yes, you are." The man chuckled making Luhan blush. His seat partner leaned into Luhan's personal space before he spoke again, "but I'm sure you hear that a lot."

Luhan could do nothing but blush and stammer.

"The name is Sehun by the way, what's yours, beautiful?"

"I'm manly! I mean I'm a man, I mean......" Luhan takes a deep breath, wondering if red was going to be the new permanent color of his face, "Luhan, my name is Luhan."

"Wait, did you say your name is Sehun? As in super model Sehun?" Luhan asks, hoping against hope that he'd heard wrong.

A raised eyebrow was the only response he received before the stranger gazed at their joined hands, comparing the size difference and his index finger down each one of Luhan's more delicate ones.

Sehun continued to inspect Luhan's hand as if it was the most fascinating puzzle ever, effectively making Luhan forget that they were thousands of feet in the air until they hit a patch of turbulence.

Luhan let out a very (un)manly squeak before he burrowed his face in Sehun's chest.  He probably would have ended up sitting in Sehun's lap if he hadn't been still wearing his seatbelt. Sehun chuckled softly but didn't hesitate to wrap Luhan in a hug, using his free hand to the back of Luhan's neck while whispering words of reassurance.

There was something very familiar about the hug, Luhan thought. It brought back memories of his childhood friend who'd moved away when they were just kids. A young friend who the other kids in their class would tease because he had a slight lisp.

When Luhan pulled back, his eyes were huge. It couldn't be, could it?

"Thehun?" Luhan whispered, as he reached up to touch the face of his seat mate.

Sehun wrinkled his nose at the reminder from the past, "Hello Lu-deer"

"What? How? When?...." Luhan's questions where effectively silenced by Sehun's kiss. The gentle kiss was enough to short circuit any working brain cells Luhan had left. 'Who cares' was his last thought before he grabbed Sehun by the jacket lapels to bring him back for another (less tentative) kiss. They were so busy getting reaquainted that Luhan wasn't aware of the passage of time, so when the plane taxied to a halt at their destination airport it was a bit of a surprise. He had no recollection of how he ended up in the seat Sehun had previously been sitting in or anything in between. Sehun must be magical. Luhan glanced over to see Sehun rebuttoning his shirt, his hat no where to be seen and his hair looked like a tornado blew through it. Seeing Sehun's appearance made Luhan glance down at his own clothes. His jacket was missing and his tee was on backwards. Best flight ever!

Luhan started to panic once more at the thought of never seeing Sehun again. Before he could voice his concerns, Sehun had his hat back on and was standing, holding a hand out to help Luhan up from his seat. Luhan accepted the offered hand, fighting a sudden urge to cry, he wasn't ready to lose his Sehun once more.

Sehun tilted Luhan's chin up as he gently wiped away a tear from the shorter boys cheek. "I'm not letting you slip away as easily as the last time my love. So don't even think you can get rid of me that fast."

"Wait.....Wha......????" Luhan's brain must be still muddled from the "Sehun effect" because he thought thought the taller boy just called him 'his love' and he'd be staying around.

"Join me for some bubble tea and I'll share a little story of a lonely boy who was picked on in school, only to be saved by a princess." Luhan opened his mouth to protest only to be silenced by Sehun's index finger on his lips and a shake of his head. Sehun laced their fingers together once more before they made their way to a nearby cafe.

----

"The lonely boy was soon in love with the princess but when he sought advice from his parents, they kinda freaked out and moved the lonely boy to live with his grandmother in a town far from the princess." Luhan gave Sehun his best puppy dog eyes.

"I did try to find you when you didn't come back to school. I went to your house because I was afraid you had become ill," Luhan hesitated as he remembered the pain from the past, "Your parents told me you had to go away because of me. They said I was a bad influence."

"The lonely boy had to face the bullies alone now, without his princess by his side." Sehun paused in his story as Luhan left his seat to sit in Sehun's lap so he could wrap his arms around the younger boy and nuzzle his face into the latter's neck. Sehun hugged Luhan close, still not quite believing he really had his beloved with him once more.

Sehun sighed and kissed the top of Luhan's head before continuing with his tale.

"The sad little boy eventually grew up to be a man with few friends but a much sought after modeling career. While shooting for a commercial in Hawaii, the lonely man crossed paths with a business partner of his princess and they put their heads together to form a plan." At the mention of Hawaii, Luhan's head lifted from Sehun's shoulder and the "business partner" part had Luhan's eyes widening before narrowing into slits.

"Minseok?" Luhan whispered.

Sehun nodded as he pulled out his phone. He hit the play button and Luhan was greeted by the faces of his partners and Minseok's husband, Jongdae. They smiled and waved at the camera explaining their side of how they helped Sehun plan the 'accidental' meeting.

"But what about the concerns our client, Kim Junmyeon, wanted to discuss in person that couldn't wait and needed to be handled by me personally?" Luhan asked Sehun.

"Keep watching." Sehun replied kissing Luhan briefly on the tip of his nose.

"As for Junmyeon...." Yixing said as he reached off screen and tugged a man into the view of the camera, "he was in on the plan! He's a softie when it comes to love!" Yixing smiled up at Junmyeon before he got a kiss from the man.

Minseok swung the camera back to focus on himself and Jongdae as the kissing between Yixing and Junmyeon started to heat up.

"So anyway, you guys got two weeks free time blocked off from your schedules to do whatever." Minseok paused as a crash was heard off camera along with some other questionable noises. Whatever was going on made Minseok roll his eyes and Jongdae wrinkle his nose and yell "Get a room'. "Don't worry about anything here! Have fun! Bye!" Before Minseok switched off the camera, you could hear him say, "Guys! Not there! We eat off that table!"

Luhan looked up at Sehun "Two weeks?" Sehun nodded. "To just.... hang out together?" Sehun nodded again even though he had more than 'hanging out together" planned.

"Doesn't sound nearly long enough, but it's a start. Let's go, hot stuff!" Luhan laughed as he jumped out of Sehun's lap and held his hand out to the taller boy. "I'm assuming you have a romantic getaway planned for us?" Sehun laughed as well and nodded again. "Then, lead the way, my prince." Luhan wrapped his hand around Sehun's bicep as he batted his eyelashes playfully at the tall boy.

"As you wish," Sehun replied before guiding his prince(ss) off to their happily ever after.


A/N: I hope you enjoyed and I hope you will comment!! :)